Microsoft buys and licenses the parts of Nokia mobile that matter, but will it make any difference?

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I suppose now M$ can be in full control of their mobile destiny with the Surface and now Nokia phones under their roof. Not sure if ultimately it'll make a difference. This move may in fact cause some issues with Microsoft as they're probably better off as a horizontal company rather than a vertical one.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I suppose now M$ can be in full control of their mobile destiny with the Surface and now Nokia phones under their roof. Not sure if ultimately it'll make a difference. This move may in fact cause some issues with Microsoft as they're probably better off as a horizontal company rather than a vertical one.

I have a feeling it will hurt BlackBerry more than anything else. We'll have Apple/iPhone, Google/Motorola, and Microsoft/Nokia. It will be awfully hard for BlackBerry to compete with those three juggernauts.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling it will hurt BlackBerry more than anything else. We'll have Apple/iPhone, Google/Motorola, and Microsoft/Nokia. It will be awfully hard for BlackBerry to compete with those three juggernauts.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Indeed, this move by Microsoft combined with BlackBerry's woes, solidifies the number 3 spot for them. I'm sure those "strategic alternatives" meetings in Waterloo just got a little more interesting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2