BB up for grabs?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Is Palm still around? I'd love Palm to buy it. Can you imagine Blackberry quality hardware running webOS? Just wow.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll be sad when BB goes belly up. Competition is good for product development. However, i can't wait to hear the cries of the BB fanboys. They'll probably blame it on the U.S., and try to start a flame war on these forums. Stand by Mods, it's coming.:p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll be sad when BB goes belly up. Competition is good for product development. However, i can't wait to hear the cries of the BB fanboys. They'll probably blame it on the U.S., and try to start a flame war on these forums. Stand by Mods, it's coming.:p
Won't be any different than Android users who come on here simply to troll and quickly move on. We're ready, no worries there. ;)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

Blackberry currently provides competition how?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Research In Motion may be the best example of an innovative company that lost its edge. As a result, it could disappear in 2013. Five years ago, RIM was the only smartphone company of any size, and it had almost the entire corporate market. But it made a fatal mistake in failing to adapt its technology for consumer use.

Article > (here)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Research analyst Paul Sagawa says, "buying BlackBerry would be like Sprint’s acquisition of Nextel.".

Snap!!

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
BlackBerry as we know it is probably done for. Which is sad, because other than Apple, they are the only company that offers the integrated hardware and software approach. They do have some techologies and intellectual properties that have some value and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Apple or Google pick them up.

That's like a daily topic over on CrackBerry unfortunately. BlackBerry's current predicament is due to the US, or the media, or some conspiracy involving the two and people shorting the stock ...absolutely nothing due to mismanagement or repeated failures to deliver.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
BlackBerry as we know it is probably done for. Which is sad, because other than Apple, they are the only company that offers the integrated hardware and software approach. They do have some techologies and intellectual properties that have some value and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Apple or Google pick them up.

O.K. then, blame it on me. 1-I am an American. 2-Eighteen months ago, when BB was riding high at $15.00 a share, i shorted a couple of thousand shares, with a buy back at $ 8.00. Made a killing, but should have bought it back at $ 7.50. I was totally ridiculed in the CrackBerry forums, but i knew back then, that BB was out of date and mismanaged. The two guys who ran the company bailed out with golden parachutes, and that was the beginning of the end for BB. The company is located in Waterloo, and the town is aptly named for the phone.:tongue:

That's like a daily topic over on CrackBerry unfortunately. BlackBerry's current predicament is due to the US, or the media, or some conspiracy involving the two and people shorting the stock ...absolutely nothing due to mismanagement or repeated failures to deliver.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It is sad to see where BlackBerry is today. Unfortunately, poor management/mismanagement and awful marketing is the reasons.

xamdam

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Well for many of those who know me I don't hide who I am as I use the same name on crackberry.com.

I am not bias on any hardware in the market today.

I have to say blackberry should of listened 5-6 years ago, but of course the ***** who was running the show did not want to listen to consumers, but he did listen to the business world. Business side of things blackberry is huge in this area, but as for consumers they are only decent.

I own a Z10 had it since feb 12th 2013 and I love the device as no button to keep pushing to go back to screens or back to apps and so forth. Its a wonderful device, but should of made it long ago instead of the STORM which even back then I noted such a device like the Z10 should of been made and low and behold its made, but way to late.

Now as for apps, well I have side loaded well over 1000 android apps so far onto my Z10 device and tried them out and so forth and deleted what I did not like, once OS 10.2 is official (the leaks are out now) it will have 4.2 jelly bean app player which in turn will allow for hundreds of thousands of apps to be PORTED over or even Side Loaded if a user chooses to do so.

I am disappointed with blackberry, but hoped they would of succeeded this year in a huge way, but we all know they only did OK and that is not good enough.

I sold my Galaxy S3 in order to get my Z10 and I am glad I did as that S3 was laggy, froze up many times even had to do several reinstalls of the OS, it was only 3 months old when I sold it.

I still have my iphone 4 (not a 4s model) but no difference, I kept it because there are some apps I like on it still and it was way better as a backup device then that Samsung galaxy s3 was or would ever have been. I loved the iphone 4 when it came out I previously had an iphone 3GS which I still have, but its dysfunctional now, good paper weight. I chose apple cause blackberry did not succeed back then when I STILL HAVE MY BOLD 9000 in excellent condidtion in which my son uses still today (only had to replace the BALL this dec) that 9000 is a TANK awesome phone still, but back to what I was saying was Blackberry decided to make the STORM what a piece of garbage that was and the STORM 2, well bad management played a huge role in those decisions.

Today there is a new leader in blackberry, but to bad it was Heins 5-6 years ago.

If blackberry is up for sale I am certain the Canadian Government will most certainly be watching and veto any international sale of blackberry or any company who wants to destroy the consumer area of blackberry, so just keep your eyes open people.

I still think blackberry will and can or could recover, but it will take at least 2-3 more years of hard work, they are not losing money, they have money, just need more of it to make what it is they want, so that being said only some parts of blackberry may merge or be sold to other companies to make some money to put into the pot to make more BB10 devices or tablets.

I doubt Blackberry the entire company will be sold, only patents or portions of which blackberry decides it no longer needs.

I have a blackberry LTE tablet only bought it in Dec 2012 and I love it, but the lack of apps is a killer to me even though I can side load apps onto it, the ones I want I can not do so and cause blackberry killed the older tablet generation it will never see OS 10.2, so this tablet is now just a website browsing screen and that's all I sue it for when I do so.

Now that being said blackberry I am certain will make a BB10 tablet, would I buy it NOPE cause they lied about BB10 coming to my LTE tablet.

I am wanting a Android Tablet and soon I will get one, maybe a Nexus 7 (the newer model) or a Samsung Galaxy 7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW