So there we are, enjoying some mexican food...when suddenly, TORNADO!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thankfully it was simply forming over where we were and had not grown large enough to hit the ground in our immediate area...clouds were wicked though, and when we got home there was a substantially large tree blocking 28th street with sparkly power lines popping everywhere.

This IS June right? WTF?

IzyI7Si.jpg

0Wyot0o.jpg

IkEp3WM.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It was spooky for about 15-20min. But I had a pitcher of blue moon and some delicious nachos that were not finished yet, so damn the twister, it knew better than to mess with my beer and food. My wife forced me back inside after the lightning started striking in the parking lot, lol...probably a good idea.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
CRAZY indeed. too bad this thread will get buried by that stupid 20K thread

Yeah it is such a bummer we have fun in that thread and treat each other with kindness and respect...and yes BLiNK like you said before, I AM one of those positive type people and I will continue to point that out to you! :p

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Crap! I've had that happen to me twice. I'm riding my horse and then BAM tornado forms behind me. Thankfully it dissipated shortly after forming and didn't do any real damage.

Glad you're okay!

Sent from my iPhone so don't expect Tolstoy

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I remember prior to the 2008 one I was working in Dunwoody by the mall and one went thru the office parks for a bit, heading east. It didn't get very well organized but you could see a path of damaged trees & stuff.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup...a bad one that did a TON of damage because it came right through midtown...

2008 Atlanta tornado outbreak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...we get tornados all the time in the suburbs, mainly north of the city, but every once in a while they come down inside the perimeter and wreak havoc.

That same outbreak came through the Corn Patch. It destroyed a bunch of farm land, left me without power for a week, efficiently removed a bunch of my shingles and my shutters and tore down all but one corner of my fence.