Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Default flooding

I haven't been posting much lately because in the latter part of April, smoke alarms woke us up in middle of night. Turns out that a pipe had burst under kitchen sink and water was just pouring out of the cabinets. With the smoke and "popping" sounds from lights, I got the kiddo and wife outta there and the fire department took care of it. The basement ceiling was falling apart as water poured from it and basically ruined everything down there including all my gadgets, big screen, sound system, etc (goodbye palm centros, pre, etc). Hardwood ruined on first floor as well means having to pack everything out later.

But man, what a mess. My house seems cursed. We had a house fire 6 or 7 years ago and have been through this before.

I have to say though, my iphone with its ability to record phone calls with that jb app, has been a lifesaver. We've talked to many contractors, insurance, etc and its great to just email my wife the conversation or have records. It's been a big help for taking pics & inventory as well.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,405 Global Posts

Default Re: flooding

Oh sorry to hear about this cardfan We had a similar thing happen with a flood on our second floor down to our first and our house was a mess for months It's very unsettling to say the least ! I hope everything is slowly getting back to normal, I know it takes a long time....Good Luck with that ! Happy to hear though that your iphone became an even more useful tool for you with the ability to record those important insurance phone calls !
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Yay for iPhone! And glad you are all safe!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

i do work in the water & fire cleanup/rebuild industry and know exactly what you have gone through and currently are. hang in there. all your belongings can be replaced (for the most part) but everyone is safe and that is the most important part!

oddly enough, it gives people a chance to "remodel" areas of their home that otherwise would have never been done under normal circumstances - silver lining, if you will. this will all be a memory, as you know. my opinon; this is what homeowners insurance was intended for, not the smaller household mishaps

hang in there..