Credit card extended warranty

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have experience using an extended warranty through their credit card?

My credit card company gives me an extra year of warranty. If I had used my card to buy my iPhone 4 three years ago, I could have saved myself $150 when the display failed 17 months later. I used it to buy an iPhone 4S and a 5 when they first came out. (10/11 & 9/12) I don't need to make a claim, but just in case I ever do, I want to make sure I have what I need. If I don't, at least I can make sure I do for future purchases. (5S?)

I don't have any printed receipts, since I bought both online. (One from Apple, the other from AT&T.) However, I do have e-mailed order confirmations for both. I also don't have paper card statements; I have access to PDF statements from 2012, but not 2011, although I would think that they can get the statements, themselves. The manufacturer warranty should still be in the box, and is on Apple's web site. I'm guessing I can get a repair estimate from the Apple store.

Is this sufficient documentation?

How long does the procedure take?

Do I get it fixed first, and then try to pry a reimbursement out of them?
Or do I just get an estimate and wait for them to credit Apple before I can get it fixed?

How much of a hassle do they make it?

What else should I know?

I read the fine print and know what is and is not covered, basically the same as Apple's warranty.

How to file a claim for Extended Warranty coverage:
> Call 1-800-MC-ASSIST to request a claim form. You must report the claim within thirty (30) days of the failure or the claim may not be
honored.
> Submit the following documentation within ninety (90) days of the date of failure or the claim may not be honored:
> Completed and signed claim form.
> MasterCard receipt showing covered item.
> MasterCard statement showing covered item.
> Itemized purchase receipt.
> Original manufacturer?s or (or U.S. store brand) warranty.
> Service contract or optional extended warranty, if applicable.
> Itemized repair estimate from a factory-authorized service provider.
> Any other documentation that reasonably may be requested to validate a claim.

link

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have actually had experience thru AMEX which is very good with an electronic product 2 years ago that went bad and they made it good buy interceding with the company in this case Nikon to get me a new camera that was beyond repair as it only had a 1 year warranty and this happened after a year and a half. Worked it for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro