The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Actually they also provide an all you can eat data plan with unlimited everything worldwide

That's a good benefit for sure. My phone bill is $236 month on Verizon. Unlimited talk, text, data and hotspot and a $36 dollar or whatever phone payment. I suppose I need to switch from grandfathered unlimited data to Verizon's new plan. I tether to IPP and rMBP a lot and thought of only ten gigs of tethering gets me. Some months I use 50-60-70gigs of data 🤦🏼*♂️

I'd be writing it off on my taxes then!

I should be

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife's new job provides her 80% off ATT. I've debated getting a line on her account as well
Seriously 80% off on at&t? Am I correct in assuming she works for Walmart since they're the only one I know of who gets that discount. Us at&t employees only get 50% off and the authorized retail and national retail gets 57% off.
Works good with wife having ATT though. Between two of us we have coverage coast to coast quite literally though.
It's all about location! Before I worked for at&t I had Verizon and got almost no coverage in West Virginia, but with at&t I get perfect coverage. What's funny is when I go to Europe it doesn't matter what company I buy a SIM Card from, I get perfect reception in that country on anyone. However here it depends on your location.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Seriously 80% off on at&t? Am I correct in assuming she works for Walmart since they're the only one I know of who gets that discount. Us at&t employees only get 50% off and the authorized retail and national retail gets 57% off.

It's all about location! Before I worked for at&t I had Verizon and got almost no coverage in West Virginia, but with at&t I get perfect coverage. What's funny is when I go to Europe it doesn't matter what company I buy a SIM Card from, I get perfect reception in that country on anyone. However here it depends on your location.

Lol, your correct. She works at their Claims Management location here in town.

We live just due north of Tulsa so both ATT and Verizon work good where we are. I have Verizon because when I lived in Chanute KS Verizon was all that barely worked haha. So yeah it's weird how much location plays into it. With Verizon my LTE speed is a LOT faster than in town.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I get a lot of work calls and messages on my personal line. It doesn't bother me because I can choose to answer whenever I please since it's my personal line😀
I tried that and literally got yelled at for not answering her calls. She's worse than my ex-fiance when it comes to that. But you're right, it's my personal phone so I choose when I take work rated calls and messages on my personal phone as my company issued phone gets turned off as I'm leaving work.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol, your correct. She works at their Claims Management location here in town.

We live just due north of Tulsa so both ATT and Verizon work good where we are. I have Verizon because when I lived in Chanute KS Verizon was all that barely worked haha. So yeah it's weird how much location plays into it. With Verizon my LTE speed is a LOT faster than in town.

Assuming you still have the unlimited data and hotspot plan I'd consider keeping it, and that's coming from an at&t employee! I had that plan up to about two years ago and hated getting rid of it. I keep seeing them listed for sale and keep considering purchasing one and doing an assumption of liability. When I lived in the DC area, all carriers were slow due to congestion, so location is everything.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Assuming you still have the unlimited data and hotspot plan I'd consider keeping it, and that's coming from an at&t employee! I had that plan up to about two years ago and hated getting rid of it. I keep seeing them listed for sale and keep considering purchasing one and doing an assumption of liability. When I lived in the DC area, all carriers were slow due to congestion, so location is everything.

I have Verizon but yes have the grandfathered unlimited data/hotspot. Just so expensive compared to the new unlimited. I could cut bill in over half if I switched to new plan. 🤷🏼*♂️

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon but yes have the grandfathered unlimited data/hotspot. Just so expensive compared to the new unlimited. I could cut bill in over half if I switched to new plan. 🤷🏼*♂️
True, but the plan you have won't throttle, right? It's one of those situations I guess!

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
True, but the plan you have won't throttle, right? It's one of those situations I guess!

Yes it doesn't throttle. I guess the other debate in my head is... I'm going to be mad when sooner or later they force everyone off the grandfathered unlimited data and make them take new plan and I've been paying all this "extra" the whole time over what I would pay with their new unlimited. A lot of good things being said about Verizon not De-Prioritizing on new plan so maybe I could make it work

Yeah it's safe to say I don't know what I should do. In mean time I'm going to keep trying to get my $236 a month worth in mean time

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes it doesn't throttle. I guess the other debate in my head is... I'm going to be mad when sooner or later they force everyone off the grandfathered unlimited data and make them take new plan and I've been paying all this "extra" the whole time over what I would pay with their new unlimited. A lot of good things being said about Verizon not De-Prioritizing on new plan so maybe I could make it work

Yeah it's safe to say I don't know what I should do. In mean time I'm going to keep trying to get my $236 a month worth in mean time
Yeah eventually they'll force people off of the plan one way or another. I'm just wondering when they'll increase the price from $50. If I had an unlimited data plan that didn't throttle and included a hotspot, I'd use that as my home Internet if it was fast enough since I never go over 200GB on my home Internet and data plan.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah eventually they'll force people off of the plan one way or another. I'm just wondering when they'll increase the price from $50. If I had an unlimited data plan that didn't throttle and included a hotspot, I'd use that as my home Internet if it was fast enough since I never go over 200GB on my home Internet and data plan.

I always stick below 100gb as there for a bit Verizon was throwing people going over 100gb routinely off the plan. Not sure if they're still actively pursuing that. And when I had ATT DSL I did use it for all my internet haha. Att was 3mb down; if wind was blowing right direction

Now that I've got ~200mb down and home I find myself using it less at home but at work I use hotspot and often let kids use hotspot for their iPads/Netflix in the car.

Yeah, I've viewed it from every angle. Not sure what to do

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I always stick below 100gb as there for a bit Verizon was throwing people going over 100gb routinely off the plan. Not sure if they're still actively pursuing that. And when I had ATT DSL I did use it for all my internet haha. Att was 3mb down; if wind was blowing right direction

Now that I've got ~200mb down and home I find myself using it less at home but at work I use hotspot and often let kids use hotspot for their iPads/Netflix in the car.

Yeah, I've viewed it from every angle. Not sure what to do

You have 200mb down? Who's your provider? I'm jealous! Yeah it seems like it's either give it up and be mad now or be mad later when they force you off of it. That's part of the reason I haven't purchased one and done an assumption of liability on it.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
You have 200mb down? Who's your provider? I'm jealous! Yeah it seems like it's either give it up and be mad now or be mad later when they force you off of it. That's part of the reason I haven't purchased one and done an assumption of liability on it.

Provider is CableOne. Download I've seen spike to ~250 or so LOL. Upload normally 10-15. Not sure what's going on tonight but

91ca506a593c2ec0931fdfa88ce9c6b9.jpg

Yeah I have no idea what to do about plan. I just figured with this new unlimited they would force everyone off sooner than later. Yeah I certainly wouldn't buy one and risk being forced off shortly after. Maybe I need to sell mine LOL

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Provider is CableOne. Download I've seen spike to ~250 or so LOL. Upload normally 10-15. Not sure what's going on tonight but

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170320/91ca506a593c2ec0931fdfa88ce9c6b9.jpg

Yeah I have no idea what to do about plan. I just figured with this new unlimited they would force everyone off sooner than later. Yeah I certainly wouldn't buy one and risk being forced off shortly after. Maybe I need to sell mine LOL
The sad thing is that your 212.25Mbps down is ten times faster than mine. You're right I shouldn't risk it, but who knows what I'll do!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh