The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is an amazing device. I have a question about voicemail. Before when I tapped on voicemail I had the option to setup a custom voicemail greeting or use the default greeting. I don't see that now. Now when I tap the VM icon I'm told to enter my password. That's new.
It should not work that way pr1nce. It depends on how you set up the new voicemail. I would set it up from a landline by calling your number and then going into the menu and setting it up with the custom greeting. If it does ask for a password it is for the setup but once I set mine up and I get voicemail now, I just tap on it and listen to what was left and usually tap on speaker to listen to it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It should not work that way pr1nce. It depends on how you set up the new voicemail. I would set it up from a landline by calling your number and then going into the menu and setting it up with the custom greeting. If it does ask for a password it is for the setup but once I set mine up and I get voicemail now, I just tap on it and listen to what was left and usually tap on speaker to listen to it.

It's all good now. It was something on Verizon's end.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's all good now. It was something on Verizon's end.
That's good it was their end. I knew and if you ever want to do a greeting now i think you can do it from the phone but because of clarity I do it from a landline where it is quiet and dial my number and go into the main menu to speak what I want. Good you got straightened out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well enough here tonight. Back to chillin on Pawn Stars and whatever else I can find. Good night all and talk to you all tomorrow.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
All I ever get a 16gb. I had my 4S for two years and still had 10gb free. I don't put any music on it. A few pictures and apps that's it.
Just curious pr1nce, you say you don't put music on your phone. Everything I put on my phone automatically goes on my iPad. So if I removed the music on my phone would I lose it on my iPad also ? I'm sure this has to do with iCloud but I really wish my music was only on my iPad.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just curious pr1nce, you say you don't put music on your phone. Everything I put on my phone automatically goes on my iPad. So if I removed the music on my phone would I lose it on my iPad also ? I'm sure this has to do with iCloud but I really wish my music was only on my iPad.

I'm not sure, but I think you would lose it on your iPad. Maybe someone else can jump in who might know for sure.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded three lines for $178. My 16gb was free.

Wow, that's an awesome deal!

Wow! I wish you the best with that.

Thanks! I'm good, though. :)

Voicemail is working fine now. I called Verizon tech support and they reset something on their end. :)

:yes:

Do you have the music on your computer too? I kept my music on my iPhone and movies on my iPad and never had any issues keeping them separate. They were automatically backed up to the cloud and I still had the hard files on my computer.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Late night nachos anyone ! I mean after all it's a long weekend for you all and who doesn't love nachos lol !
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1400987229.583582.jpg

Sent from wendybeee's iPad using iMore Forums mobile app 💋

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that's an awesome deal!

Thanks! I'm good, though. :)

:yes:

Do you have the music on your computer too? I kept my music on my iPhone and movies on my iPad and never had any issues keeping them separate. They were automatically backed up to the cloud and I still had the hard files on my computer.

Yes I have my music on my laptop too.

Sent from wendybeee's iPad using iMore Forums mobile app 💋

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR