The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

No, it wasn't. I tried Firefox, Opera and IE on desktop (cleared cookies/cache) and tried mobile IE on my Nokia (also cleared cookies/cache) on WiFi. As soon as I used my Nokia on AT&T's mobile network, not my WiFi network, it worked fine. It was some bug with Time-Warner.

Before I succeeded on mobile, I even changed my DNS server from Time-Warner's to Open DNS.

Son who in grad school now had to go with Time Warner... not exactly the most friendliest bunch are they:(

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Son who in grad school now had to go with Time Warner... not exactly the most friendliest bunch are they:(

I haven't had issues otherwise. It was weird because all other sites worked fine on Thursday night. Luckily starbucks.com was fine on Friday morning, so I didn't have to contact Time-Warner.

I used to have AT&T as my ISP, but I left them due to Uverse being unavailable (only DSL here) and the low data caps on their DSL. Time-Warner is better for me than AT&T. That is the only bug I've experienced so far, and I've had Time-Warner for about 1 1/2 years now.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

All of this brings to mind a commercial several years ago. A guy had grabbed his PC and was getting ready to throw it out his second story window. Of course the speaker, wires, cables all still plugged in dragging along as he attempted to give it the final shove out the window... Tag line... nothing as dependable as a Chevy... It was hysterical probably because we would all like to throw one out a window!!

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I haven't had issues otherwise. It was weird because all other sites worked fine on Thursday night. Luckily starbucks.com was fine on Friday morning, so I didn't have to contact Time-Warner.

I used to have AT&T as my ISP, but I left them due to Uverse being unavailable (only DSL here) and the low data caps on their DSL. Time-Warner is better for me than AT&T. That is the only bug I've experienced so far, and I've had Time-Warner for about 1 1/2 years now.

Well that's good to know! Glad it worked out

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

All of this brings to mind a commercial several years ago. A guy had grabbed his PC and was getting ready to throw it out his second story window. Of course the speaker, wires, cables all still plugged in dragging along as he attempted to give it the final shove out the window... Tag line... nothing as dependable as a Chevy... It was hysterical probably because we would all like to throw one out a window!!
That reminds me of when I still had a BlackBerry 9700 around the time that I was holding onto my upgrade and waiting for the Nokia Lumia 900. CES 2012 had shown the Nokia, and I knew that's what I wanted. I was at my mom's house, and she mentioned that one of her favorite TV shows was on hiatus, and she was curious when new episodes would air. I said I'd check. I opened the BB browser, and the BB froze up with the spinning black clock. I had to pull the battery, and then the BB took about 10 minutes to reboot. I felt like throwing the BB across the room! I told my mom I'd check using PC browser when I got home, which I did. My mom doesn't even own a smartphone, but she was unimpressed with the BB that day too.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

That reminds me of when I still had a BlackBerry 9700 around the time that I was holding onto my upgrade and waiting for the Nokia Lumia 900. CES 2012 had shown the Nokia, and I knew that's what I wanted. I was at my mom's house, and she mentioned that one of her favorite TV shows was on hiatus, and she was curious when new episodes would air. I said I'd check. I opened the BB browser, and the BB froze up with the spinning black clock. I had to pull the battery, and then the BB took about 10 minutes to reboot. I felt like throwing the BB across the room! I told my mom I'd check using PC browser when I got home, which I did. My mom doesn't even own a smartphone, but she was unimpressed with the BB that day too.

Oh Laura I remember the bb reboot days. I had a 9650 and if that wasn't enough I also had a 9930 too :)

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Oh Laura I remember the bb reboot days. I had a 9650 and if that wasn't enough I also had a 9930 too :)

I had a 9000 before the 9700. I liked BB for the most part, but I got tired of RIM taking their time to release BB10, and I wanted some apps that still aren't available even for BB10.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I had a 9000 before the 9700. I liked BB for the most part, but I got tired of RIM taking their time to release BB10, and I wanted some apps that still aren't available even for BB10.

That really sums it up don't you think...apps that are STILL not available. Is really a shame I think. I'm sure or at least would like to believe the answer was not as simple as it sounds but geeze RIM you allowed a product that changed global communication to become no longer competitive.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

That really sums it up don't you think...apps that are STILL not available. Is really a shame I think. I'm sure or at least would like to believe the answer was not as simple as it sounds but geeze RIM you allowed a product that changed global communication to become no longer competitive.

I was really hoping they would get the apps. It's nice when consumers have more options. Even though I never used webOS, I'm disappointed it isn't around now.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I was really hoping they would get the apps. It's nice when consumers have more options. Even though I never used webOS, I'm disappointed it isn't around now.

Oh I'm a fire sale touch pad girl lol!! I use it as a clock now! Well that's a bit embarrassing now that I've said that lol!! But it's a kick a** clock :)
I actually bought several....which are all clocks now. Always meant to load android on them but again love them as clocks. It's too bad they didn't catch on or weren't given much of a chance before Meg pulled the plug on them.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Lmao! I have to get that game this weekend.

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm totally laughing now!!!!!!!! His comment was soo unexpected lol!!! I wasn't sure what to respond... Bwhahaha!!! :) must have been too much cake...can I use that as an excuse? :)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm totally laughing now!!!!!!!! His comment was soo unexpected lol!!! I wasn't sure what to respond... Bwhahaha!!! :) must have been too much cake...can I use that as an excuse? :)

LOL! Grand theft auto is that game! Can't wait to play it. Have you played Elizabeth?

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk 4

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Oh I'm a fire sale touch pad girl lol!! I use it as a clock now! Well that's a bit embarrassing now that I've said that lol!! But it's a kick a** clock :)
I actually bought several....which are all clocks now. Always meant to load android on them but again love them as clocks. It's too bad they didn't catch on or weren't given much of a chance before Meg pulled the plug on them.
I belong to a couple of local Linux User Groups. One of the members got a firesale Touchpad. It's a cool device. I played with it. I'm disappointed I missed the firesale.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR