The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

I think that's what it is. Some sites feed off the drama between the different OS and just keep it going. That's why I had to stop going to some sites for tech news.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

Yep I heard that had to un-subscribe from the cultcast podcast because on one episode they kept talking about how bad iOS 7 was sort of like this guy. I look at that badly because it is beta software and as a tech person listeners will take your word because they assume you know more than they do. So for me when you are talking bad about things that may not even be there anymore or will get better when the software is released it's just stupid. It rubbed me the wrong way for sure.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Good afternoon everyone. Just wanted to say that i made it to Cedar Key in 2 1/2 hours from my house and check in. Of course it just started pouring rain but I am going downtown to scope outthe seafood restaurant for tonights dinner. Can't wait and this place is unreal.

I will post an album link for photobucket when i get home in a week if you care to see what this place is like.

Just a taste of the Welcome sign and my cabin.

I will be checking in from time to time. have a wonderful day all of you.

Cedar Key Cabin1.jpgcedar-key.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Morning all. A bit later than usual. I took 30min to myself this morning and slept :)

Enjoy the coffee.

View attachment 35992

Don't drink this one though. It's Jag's. enjoy your vacation.

View attachment 35993
bamf very nice of you and I had 2 of them BTW and they were great. Also stopped on the way out of town and had an iced coffee from Starbucks. See you all on the road.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Yep I heard that had to un-subscribe from the cultcast podcast because on one episode they kept talking about how bad iOS 7 was sort of like this guy. I look at that badly because it is beta software and as a tech person listeners will take your word because they assume you know more than they do. So for me when you are talking bad about things that may not even be there anymore or will get better when the software is released it's just stupid. It rubbed me the wrong way for sure.

Yeah i hear ya.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Good afternoon everyone. Just wanted to say that i made it to Cedar Key in 2 1/2 hours from my house and check in. Of course it just started pouring rain but I am going downtown to scope outthe seafood restaurant for tonights dinner. Can't wait and this place is unreal.

I will post an album link for photobucket when i get home in a week if you care to see what this place is like.

View attachment 36043View attachment 36044

I can't wait to see the pictures jag. Have fun:thumbup:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Morning Everyone.....Serving breakfast early so that Jag can eat before he leaves on his vacation :dancing: ....K...gotta run !
Perfect now with bamfs star coffee cause we share the love of the 'boys and Wendys breakfast I am going to have to take a nap before I leave. LOL :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm just gonna stop in here a whine occasionally about having to go back to school in a week. I know most of you have no sympathy, since you haven't been off work since the middle of June. But dang.

I was looking through schedules yesterday, and it's clear someone (or someones) has no clue what she's doing. Classes are supposed to be capped at 30 and takes a manual override for more. Someone's been having a heck of a time mashing that button, cause we have a math teacher with 90 students in one class and 101 in another! This tells me that we will spend the first week of school rearranging everyone's schedules and sitting in homeroom instead of actually starting any teaching or learning. Ugh!
Yep whine...LOL :) :rotfl: Then ignore that today I started vacation for 2 weeks and heading to Cedar Key Alli OK. Anyway No matter ....teaching is still to be rewarded to any teacher that has the ability to take the chosen course subject and educate our children and for that you can be entitled to explain the hold back as you were saying instead of getting down to teach. At least I have a tremendous respect for any teacher and what they have to go through.

You should all be given respect and deserving thanks for what you do.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have a life proof case Orange,, for a iPhone 4s. Pm if interested.

[NOTE]Please post it in the the Marketplace using this link to go by where it should be and not posted here in an open thread. Thank you for cooperating. Here is the link to read up on:
Marketplace Rules & Guidelines[/NOTE]

Even asking people to PM you it is proper to post an ad in the market place as I have stated and provided you the link. Keeps you out of trouble with the Mods.

Last edited:

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Hi everyone!! Quite a night here...major storm rolled thru, they think there were 2 tornadoes...been cleaning up and running generator all day...nothing major here, some trees and patio things need to be fixed; but just 3 miles from us is disaster!!!

Doing well though...thankfully no injuries or major house damage for my street, trash and minor things I can do with a smile!! Oh and a happy dance!!!

Resuming workout tomorrow too! Woot!

Have a good night friends!! :D

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi everyone!! Quite a night here...major storm rolled thru, they think there were 2 tornadoes...been cleaning up and running generator all day...nothing major here, some trees and patio things need to be fixed; but just 3 miles from us is disaster!!!

Doing well though...thankfully no injuries or major house damage for my street, trash and minor things I can do with a smile!! Oh and a happy dance!!!

That's good news to hear seashell. Glad you are OK:)

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Oh wow seashell sorry to hear this but happy that you are safe and no real damage to your house etc......Whew girl !!!

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Enjoy Jag !!! That cabin looks dreamy :smile:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I posted this link in here because I know you guys and that will prevent it from creating a hate filled thread. iOS 7: why I'm finally dumping my iPhone for an Android | ZDNet I find the post ridiculously laughable and the comments even more. I never understood why people find sucy a need to choose sides when it comes to pretty much anything. It's Nikon vs Canon, Windows vs Mac, iOS vs Android, Euro vs Import vs Domestic, god I could go on and on and on and on. It's all about choice and choosing one doesn't mean you have to talk about how horrible you think the other one is. My first iPhone and I was sold on iOS I knew it was the platform for me. I've tried Android and didn't like it and as for widgets personally I don't see the use. No platform is perfect there are pros and cons to every device, every platform, etc. So why can't people just celebrate the good of things? I use iOS but it doesn't mean I can't look at good things on Android and say wow that is an awesome feature. "Oh god the iOS police are coming for me now" :rotfl: Anyway check it out it's still an entertaining little read for us tech lovers.
Ricky I get the article which is no different than someone writing these every day but why are you posting it and even in here which is what I don't get? What does it have to do with anything? Not that it matters but I have to be missing something when you said you dd not want to start an iOS 7 hate filled thread. It is what it is. Can you explain a bit more reasoning?? I even get the deal about just a device and so on, I was just unsure why so worried about where to or even posting it?

Well off to a seafood spot I found in Cedar Key tonight I am looking forward to. See you all later.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Even raining hard where I am on Vacation and hi there good evening seashell!! :) OK out the door door for dinner. Have an 8:00PM reservation for Dinner. See ya all later I hope.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I posted this link in here because I know you guys and that will prevent it from creating a hate filled thread. iOS 7: why I'm finally dumping my iPhone for an Android | ZDNet I find the post ridiculously laughable and the comments even more. I never understood why people find sucy a need to choose sides when it comes to pretty much anything. It's Nikon vs Canon, Windows vs Mac, iOS vs Android, Euro vs Import vs Domestic, god I could go on and on and on and on. It's all about choice and choosing one doesn't mean you have to talk about how horrible you think the other one is. My first iPhone and I was sold on iOS I knew it was the platform for me. I've tried Android and didn't like it and as for widgets personally I don't see the use. No platform is perfect there are pros and cons to every device, every platform, etc. So why can't people just celebrate the good of things? I use iOS but it doesn't mean I can't look at good things on Android and say wow that is an awesome feature. "Oh god the iOS police are coming for me now" :rotfl: Anyway check it out it's still an entertaining little read for us tech lovers.

Love your post Ricky! It is truly amazing how people argue over this stuff. Advancements in technology are amazing and it's something we should all embrace. Yes we all have our personal preferences but some people can get a bit over the top lol!! I have three different Blogs for different platforms and learning the differences between them has been a great experience.

Last edited:

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I lost 2 really good friends....or I should say 'I THOUGHT WERE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS' when I left blackberry for iPhone :crying: It was as if I wasn't a real person and only a device. I will never understand that in a zillion years. They better not count on getting my pin number when BBM comes to iOS......karma might just bite them in the @ss......:rotfl:

Oh Wendy I remember this! One by one as we left there was no celebration or excitement that we were trying out a new cell phone more like don't let the door hit us on the way out! Out of all of us that left for iPhones and Android devices I don't think anyone went back to BlackBerry.
Thinking about it we are quite the congenial group here...:)

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm just gonna stop in here a whine occasionally about having to go back to school in a week. I know most of you have no sympathy, since you haven't been off work since the middle of June. But dang.

I was looking through schedules yesterday, and it's clear someone (or someones) has no clue what she's doing. Classes are supposed to be capped at 30 and takes a manual override for more. Someone's been having a heck of a time mashing that button, cause we have a math teacher with 90 students in one class and 101 in another! This tells me that we will spend the first week of school rearranging everyone's schedules and sitting in homeroom instead of actually starting any teaching or learning. Ugh!

Good Evening Alli. How's the scheduling challenge progressing?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey Jag! How cool you made it to your vacation destination in record time! Have fun :)