The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

LMAO. This would hilarious if they started using this as a capatcha.

urysedag.jpg

Tapatalking from my Galaxy S IV

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

I need to share a few things with the regulars and my friends of 20K although this deals more with my Volunteer position more than anything so with that....It seems today our wonderful IT dept of 1 decided to shut down and lock out many websites through our server and one is iMore. The funny thing is i was signed on all day today and usually stay signed on from Morning until l go home and do my Volunteer forum work in the AM and through out the day as i see fir every few hours. That is really going to change and i am not going to use the iMore forum app or Tapatalk for other reasons.

The only reason I am letting you know this is so that if you don't see me do what i like to do in here every morning and say good morning and have a few mins of fun before I actually work my real job, You will know why and not wonder where I am but it is just one of those things. As far as my role with iMore, I will work that out between my team leader and evening hours. Nothing will change how I do my job and the capacity and desire to do it and if anybody knows me you know that won't change.

I am only sorry that I will not be able to see and participate in 20K in the hours I have become use to and will is it. I know there are many capable people here to keep it going in the day time hours and there are a few that i don't need to name that. knows how to reach me when needed or to just say hello. Sorry to all you guys but keep that coffee and breakfast coming and somebody pleaseeeeeeeeeee send me my morning cup of coffee through iMessage....:yes::rotfl:

Anyway I care very much for each and everyone of you and hopefully it might be temporary but doubt it. See you all around you can count on that.

PS This IT guy did not lock down CB or AC but even though I can get onto those sites and passport login the link to imore is broken and because it has been locked out by the web address so i had thought of that and even using tipb but the redirector takes it right to iMore which is locked. :crying:

Most likely it was done because they were seeing too much traffic to that site. My office has done similar stuff.

EDIT: Do they block www.logmein.com? You can setup a logmein account and then access your home PC through your work PC's web browser. You just have to leave your home PC turned on, plus installed the logmein client on it. Nothing needs to be installed on the work PC, you access the logmein site sign on, and then it lets you connect to your home PC. :)

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Most likely it was done because they were seeing too much traffic to that site. My office has done similar stuff.

EDIT: Do they block www.logmein.com? You can setup a logmein account and then access your home PC through your work PC's web browser. You just have to leave your home PC turned on, plus installed the logmein client on it. Nothing needs to be installed on the work PC, you access the logmein site sign on, and then it lets you connect to your home PC. :)

Wow PK this might be Jag's solution :biggrin: Also Bamf suggested setting up a VPN tunnel.....another solution.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow PK this might be Jag's solution :biggrin: Also Bamf suggested setting up a VPN tunnel.....another solution.

Yup both suggestions are good. I use a VPN for my phone as well. A good one thats free is tunnel bear.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Thanks! Im going to try that after my year is up with mobile hotspot shield. I like the service but its too many issues with the desktop application.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Search on TWIT for a discount code. I think you get 20% off the plan.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Afternoon everyone. Heres a little something to keep yall cool through the day

9e7yde3a.jpg

y9y8une8.jpg

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Gaming the system. Go into Starbucks. Order a drink. Sit down. Go back to the counter. Order a cookie. Two stars for the price of one. Reach Gold or freebies faster.

​Dumb, Starbucks, dumb.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Interestingly my office blocks that site. ;) Actually I'm not at ALL surprised.

A lot of companies block VPN tunneling because they don't want you doing stuff you shouldn't at work. But it is still worth a shot, and you should have a VPN for anytime you connect to public access point anyway.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

whoa, black betty (bam-A-lam) whoa, black betty (bam-A-lam) Black betty had a child (bam-A-lam) The damn thing gone wild (bam-A-lam).

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Hey everyone I'm off work now on summer hours so early Fridays till September :dancing: Thanks Rells for the Ices ....they sure do look good during this heatwave !

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 34546

This cup is for you Jag!!!

Does your one man IT guy block VPN? If not set up a VPN tunnel and go to what ever site you would like. Or use a Remote Desktop solution and remote into a PC at home.

Either way we here at team20k have your back!!!
Just got home from work bmaf and will gladly drink it even now.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Whoa we just had a huge storm come through and the temperature dropped from 93 down to 75 in 15 minutes :rolleyes:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 34546

Does your one man IT guy block VPN? If not set up a VPN tunnel and go to what ever site you would like. Or use a Remote Desktop solution and remote into a PC at home.

Tried those tricks my friend. he blocked this site from the servers firewall. I pinged everything to find out where it was blocked and trust me it is blocked,

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 34546

You have no idea how much that means to me and I am as disapointed as anyone trust me for my own personal reasons.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711