The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

iMore family I have a problem...oh stop laughing....an email problem.
I accessed my home email account from a work computer yesterday and now I only have current email on my phone. I use Outlook 2010. All the folders are still there but unless email is from the last 12 hrs they have poofed. Originally I remember when I got my iPhone last month at the bottom of the email screen on my iPhone 5 it asked if you want to retrieve or download more (I cant remember wording) I don't have that option at the moment....come back!!!
All the other email accounts work perfectly but of course something needs to be a challenge on a Friday:cool:
Sounds like you have an option to remove from Server as soon as you download your email, You might check that option and uncheck it if you don't want that happen. I can check my personal webmail at work but when I get home and open Outlook 2007 from Microsoft office they are all still there as unread.

Now once I get home and download them, they come off the server because I have it set that way in Outlook.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you have an option to remove from Server as soon as you download your email, You might check that option and uncheck it if you don't want that happen. I can check my personal webmail at work but when I get home and open Outlook 2007 from Microsoft office they are all still there as unread.

Now once I get home and download them, they come off the server because I have it set that way in Outlook.

thanks Jaguarr...I will check that out!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Morning Jaguarr! lol no worries. It's safe with me

LOL "Mama didn't raise no fool"...a little music reference but I do like Prada

We have to have fun on a Friday :cool::cool::cool:

OK my dear I will take your word for it that you being the Keeper of the card, It will stay safe with you Elizabeth.:)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

OK I'm not trying to taint the thread but does anyone else get frustrated sometime with how everyone seems to be on Android's D? Honestly I'm platform agnostic I use the iOS platform but I have tons of friends who use Android, my M-i-L uses an Android which I suggested. I have helped friends decide between the two tons of times answering honestly. I am just getting sick and tired every time Apple "seems" to have a flaw or there is a new feature announced or rumored there is like this new army ready to post up all the downfalls of iOS and how great Android is and how the open nature is so great. Ever seen the cartoons where the dude's head becomes a steam whistle? at a point it's just like really you can't champion your platform without tearing down the competitor's? Ugh two days ago had a grand ****** sitting on the train who proceeded to tell me, since I had my iPhone and iPad out at the same time, about how I was a hopeless sheep following Apple around. I was like "Really, really you don't even know me dude" ignored him for the rest of the train ride but damn. Whew needed that :) and now back to the regularly scheduled programming lol.

Honestly I can say the same thing about people with iOS. I use all the platforms too and I can say that android and iOS operating systems are nice but neither are worth all the hype people make of them. I just keep telling people I know who try to get in some argument about iOS vs android that they are just phones and tablets. This stuff is not that deep😉

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Chore for the Day/Evening everyone. This should be really easy too. We are at 39 pages right now. Think we can hit 45 pages by the end of the day? Spread the word and let's do this. Should be very easy. Remember just think creative everyone. :) :)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Hope everyone is enjoying their friday. I wish I was at the beach today 😞
I might go down to the shore this weekend if the weather holds up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368804278.306242.jpg

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Chore for the Day/Evening everyone. This should be really easy too. We are at 39 pages right now. Think we can hit 45 pages by the end of the day? Spread the word and let's do this. Should be very easy. Remember just think creative everyone. :) :)

I think it's possible.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

OK I'm not trying to taint the thread but does anyone else get frustrated sometime with how everyone seems to be on Android's D? Honestly I'm platform agnostic I use the iOS platform but I have tons of friends who use Android, my M-i-L uses an Android which I suggested. I have helped friends decide between the two tons of times answering honestly. I am just getting sick and tired every time Apple "seems" to have a flaw or there is a new feature announced or rumored there is like this new army ready to post up all the downfalls of iOS and how great Android is and how the open nature is so great. Ever seen the cartoons where the dude's head becomes a steam whistle? at a point it's just like really you can't champion your platform without tearing down the competitor's? Ugh two days ago had a grand ****** sitting on the train who proceeded to tell me, since I had my iPhone and iPad out at the same time, about how I was a hopeless sheep following Apple around. I was like "Really, really you don't even know me dude" ignored him for the rest of the train ride but damn. Whew needed that :) and now back to the regularly scheduled programming lol.

Nice rant, and it's Ok, welcome to Mobile Nations! ;)

Really, this has been going on for a long time. The phone wars become heated far beyond any sense of rationality, sometimes. The iPhone works the way you want it. BlackBerry users are trying to get theirs up to speed, Android users are often trying to turn theirs into a Super computer that might implode if they aren't careful, and Windows users, well, they're, um, well, Windows users.

Don't take offense. Ignore the trolls, even in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

IOK let me answer this because this thread and me being the OP staring is as a diversion to get away from the normal forum and have some serious silly fun and i got this idea from some very good friends at CB where I started my forum swarray. They have a 100K challenge that they far exceeded and you should check it out sometime but here some rules for this Thread:

Have fun
Don't be afraid to be silly
Post any silly or interesting pics and videos you want
Lastly there is no talk about phone platforms here except for an occasional mention ok but mainly the main forums are for that. This Thread is to just have fun and get away from the mainstream. Thank you. !!!!;)

Aww, Jag, there's room for the occasional rant here and there. Folks gotta let off steam where they aren't gonna get ripped for it. We do that in the 100K, too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Aww, Jag, there's room for the occasional rant here and there. Folks gotta let off steam where they aren't gonna get ripped for it. We do that in the 100K, too.
BK I got that and agree with you 100%. I just remember over at your thread at CB the first thing I was told was no ranting over phones except on occasion and I did say that in my post here. No problem though. :)

PS [EDIT] BK I did not mean anything bad towards my post at all just so you knew that. :)

Last edited:

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

From one of my favorite movies...who can tell me the name and who said it?!
"Please don?t go away. Please? No one?s ever stuck with me for so long before."
(No googling, binging or using imdb etc!) ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I've seen water that blue. Diego Garcia.
Looks like my back yard when I go out the house.... I wish but it does look like Casey Key Beach a mile from my house where we all go quite often. A great seafood house and tiki hut for drinking and we have a blast on the weekends.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods