The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

I think you would like one. Louzer really does a great job with them and some of us original CrackBerry 5000 affectionately call them Louzitars. My current Avatar is one of them.
Yes I am sure I would like one. What a great Avatar as well as the announcement of your accomplishment post. maybe he can make one for me on my FIRST post as a visitor but long time CB member....lol ;) Maybe I will PM him.

Last edited:

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

YEs i am sure I would like one. What a great Avatar as well as the announcement of your accomplishment post. maybe he can make one for me on my FIRST post as a visitor but long time CB member....lol ;) Maybe I will PM him.

Wouldn't hurt and after all you are an Ambassador.

What motorcycle video did you post? I also have a home movie shared on C.B.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

wu-wei

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Great comments and i appreciate you opening up to me about how it all got started just like when Rick (pk) told me about it to inspire me. I never expect to get to the level you guys are but it is fun trying and we have gathered a bit of a following here so it's all good. You are right as it is a good way to talk tech, phones and any other thing you want to talk about or post pics or videos or whatever.

Yeh maybe i can get you to have louzer make me a custom Avatar for me over here and i do have over a 1000 posts at CB that i could use it over there for. He can see my Jaguarr40 Avatar and come up with something for me. Anyway thank you and I appreciate that conversation.

We've had some mad dashes as we approach major milestones. There were issues with server syncs as we finally approached 50,000 and two different posts showed up as the 50,000th. Sadly I wasn't paying attention when we crested 100,000 but I expect the server load was pretty intense.

Feel free to jump in more on our thread too...that's a sure fire way to snag a snazzy louzatar. I've got two or three of my own. I don't know how we got so lucky as to attract the people who lead the charge in our thread, but the folks I'm in touch with regularly are just darn good people and I am grateful to know them.

And you've got the right idea: get folks involved and engaged, let it all hang out (within certain flexible limits), and let the friendships/teasing/fun begin!

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Great comments and i appreciate you opening up to me about how it all got started just like when Rick (pk) told me about it to inspire me. I never expect to get to the level you guys are but it is fun trying and we have gathered a bit of a following here so it's all good. You are right as it is a good way to talk tech, phones and any other thing you want to talk about or post pics or videos or whatever.

Yeh maybe i can get you to have louzer make me a custom Avatar for me over here and i do have over a 1000 posts at CB that i could use it over there for. He can see my Jaguarr40 Avatar and come up with something for me. Anyway thank you and I appreciate that conversation.

I'm sorry to hear that there was some confusion earlier. Congrats on your thread so far. This is a great idea and will probably start to roll. The main difference that I see, however, is that our thread was not created - it emerged. Duriing the loooooooong wait for BB10, we hijacked what appeared to be just another troll thread. A bunch of us realized that it would be much more fun to talk about random fun stuff than to endure the rampant trolling. It took on a life of it's own along with personality and terminologies. That is what was the inspiration for the louzatars that were created and awarded at 5000, 10,000, and every subsequent 1000 posts.

In the OP post it is suggested that this be a "PG" thread. We gravitate to PG13+ but opt for clever over the explicit having fun with inuendo. Do as you choose here, but I do suggest letting the reins out just a bit so that this thread can build it's own identity. We've found it more fun that way and at 102,000+ posts, everyone is friendly and has a great time.

I'm kind of at a loss about any particular themes in here so far, so this is the best I could come up with (so far).
iMore_Jaguarr40.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

orientals driving slow in the fast lane.

discuss.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

We've had some mad dashes as we approach major milestones. There were issues with server syncs as we finally approached 50,000 and two different posts showed up as the 50,000th. Sadly I wasn't paying attention when we crested 100,000 but I expect the server load was pretty intense.

Feel free to jump in more on our thread too...that's a sure fire way to snag a snazzy louzatar. I've got two or three of my own. I don't know how we got so lucky as to attract the people who lead the charge in our thread, but the folks I'm in touch with regularly are just darn good people and I am grateful to know them.

And you've got the right idea: get folks involved and engaged, let it all hang out (within certain flexible limits), and let the friendships/teasing/fun begin!

I have just spent about 15 mins at your house in the threads and love it. Of course like I said earlier I still have many friends over at CB and of course pk my oldest friend and I don't mean by age....lol. I will for sure be going back and forth as i tend to my job I have to fulfill here first in the threads and what is expected of me as an Ambassador. After that I love to play as much as the next and I hope you guys will be frequent visitors as well and bring your friends with you to help us out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear that there was some confusion earlier. Congrats on your thread so far. This is a great idea and will probably start to roll. The main difference that I see, however, is that our thread was not created - it emerged. Duriing the loooooooong wait for BB10, we hijacked what appeared to be just another troll thread. A bunch of us realized that it would be much more fun to talk about random fun stuff than to endure the rampant trolling. It took on a life of it's own along with personality and terminologies. That is what was the inspiration for the louzatars that were created and awarded at 5000, 10,000, and every subsequent 1000 posts.

In the OP post it is suggested that this be a "PG" thread. We gravitate to PG13+ but opt for clever over the explicit having fun with inuendo. Do as you choose here, but I do suggest letting the reins out just a bit so that this thread can build it's own identity. We've found it more fun that way and at 102,000+ posts, everyone is friendly and has a great time.

I'm kind of at a loss about any particular themes in here so far, so this is the best I could come up with (so far).
View attachment 30566

Well louzer i have to say that what you just shared with me is overwhelming and along with what everyone else told me I think it is great and what it has grown to. As far as a theme I think when I stated this there was nothing in mind and I had hoped that it would just take on it's own identity and I think that you may see it has to an extent. When I said PG you have to remember that I had to think about representing MN and iMore so I wanted to be careful. I would suppose I need to reach out to others to see what they think of your PG+ as I don't think people here would take it over the edge and have fun with it like you all do. I really appreciate the pic you placed for me but I can't quite tell if that is an iPhone or not.

I PMd you and you like and you answer me i can tell you a bit about me and you can create something on your own and surprise me but I must say I love the iPhone in his Paws deal if that is an iPhone.

​Once again thank you and I will talk to you soon. Good night for now. Early morning.

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Good evening, iMore members and 20K Thread posters! Jaguarr40 came over and graciously extended an invite to drop in and say hello, which I'm happy to do, and perhaps participate in the convo from time to time when I'm not attending to Ambassador duties over at my home site of CrackBerry.com.

I hope y'all are having a great evening, and I see you've been posting pretty steadily since Jag posted the thread. We are approaching 103 thousand posts, and we call it the ultimate hijack thread, a place where nothing has to have a point, and we can just have fun!

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Well louzer i have to say that what you just shared with me is overwhelming and along with what everyone else told me I think it is great and what it has grown to. As far as a theme I think when I stated this there was nothing in mind and I had hoped that it would just take on it's own identity and I think that you may see it has to an extent. When I said PG you have to remember that I had to think about representing MN and iMore so I wanted to be careful. I would suppose I need to reach out to others to see what they think of your PG+ as I don't think people here would take it over the edge and have fun with it like you all do. I really appreciate the pic you placed for me but I can't quite tell if that is an iPhone or not.

I PMd you and you like and you answer me i can tell you a bit about me and you can create something on your own and surprise me but I must say I love the iPhone in his Paws deal if that is an iPhone.

​Once again thank you and I will talk to you soon. Good night for now. Early morning.

It's a white iPhone5 running the iMore app.

wu-wei

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Good evening, iMore members and 20K Thread posters! Jaguarr40 came over and graciously extended an invite to drop in and say hello, which I'm happy to do, and perhaps participate in the convo from time to time when I'm not attending to Ambassador duties over at my home site of CrackBerry.com.

I hope y'all are having a great evening, and I see you've been posting pretty steadily since Jag posted the thread. We are approaching 103 thousand posts, and we call it the ultimate hijack thread, a place where nothing has to have a point, and we can just have fun!

Indeed, it is the Seinfeld of the forum: a thread about nothing. But filled with so many "inside" jokes, recurring themes, and wacky character quirks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well I was headed to bed but saw you came over and posted so I had to come back in to thank you for coming over to our house at iMore. I will be doing the same as you when i am done with my Ambassador duties here. Then i can come back to CB and have some fun and I hope you will. Thank you again and stop by often Berger. :) Time to call it a night.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

It's a white iPhone5 running the iMore app.
Now that I can live with. Very clever and thank you. I just went over to CB and sent you a long PM. Check it out and thank you very much for coming over and hope you come by often. As for me time to call it a night. Early morning. Hope to hear from you about my PM. Take care.

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Jag, where's my bagel?!!!!!

Sharing is caring
bagel98.gif

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Nothing like going to sleep with a hail storm and waking up to the same storm

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I want to thank all the CB visitors that came in to join the fun with us last night and I hope they will come back on a somewhat regular basis and interject the humor with us. Heck if what they post the higher powers don't take offense to then we just might have a shot at making this a darn good thread after all just like theirs is. Once again thank you to all and I see many friends that came over that I know from my CB days. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen