The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

That's cool. I actually enjoy the rain. Unfortunately Philly is about to go through its first heat wave this year so it's time for me to bring out the air conditioners��

Tapatalking using my iphone

I enjoy the rain too but I have a 15 minute walk from the train station to work and when it's POURING that isn't fun lol

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Rainy day here too...only bout 63 today. But humid and high 70s rest of week!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

since we're all posting food lol here is my meal 2 today. Cooked un-sweetened rolled oats with Cinnamon for flavoring.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369753557.816863.jpg

looks yummy doesn't it lol
0.5g fat and 1.5g protein :) so this is what it contributes to
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369753695.714481.jpg

Wohoo love those Macros

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well off today and we expect lots of rain here so I am heading out to run errands and Sams Club. Anybody need anything text me and let me know. See all of you later on today. Stay safe. :)

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

since we're all posting food lol here is my meal 2 today. Cooked un-sweetened rolled oats with Cinnamon for flavoring.

View attachment 31352

looks yummy doesn't it lol
0.5g fat and 1.5g protein :) so this is what it contributes to
View attachment 31353

Wohoo love those Macros

Every morning I eat steel cut oats and a boiled egg. Its not your typical oatmeal but once you get used to it, its hard to go back to the quick oat stuff.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Is it good?

Tapatalking using my iphone

yeah it's good it's clean so you can do whatever you want to make it taste a little better. I cook it with Cinnamon now and sometimes I'll put some honey or PB2 peanut butter. It's un-sweetned so you need something to give it some flavor.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Thank you Elizabeth for the bagels and i hope you got your iced coffee i left for you with some Timmies snacks. I think Wendy and I must have just passed each other today...LOL :)

I love how you guys (from the US) call it ice coffee lol it's sounds really weird because we call it ice capp as in ice cappucino.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Every morning I eat steel cut oats and a boiled egg. Its not your typical oatmeal but once you get used to it, its hard to go back to the quick oat stuff.

I eat steel cut and rolled oats alternate between the two but I also eat the instant oats from Qauker just the un-sweetned original flavor. I alternate between them depending on how I feel and how quick I need to make it in the morning. The steel cut and rolled is always part of my daily meals, I have 6 meals a day. So I buy it in bulk cook it on the weekends and then put it in the fridge. So each day I put it in tupper ware for my meal. I've had it in shakes the raw uncooked oats it's good, nice source of protein but makes it thicker. You know it's funny before I started the weightloss and fitness journey I never ate egg for 10 years, drank about 3-5 sodas a day and anything sweet had my name on it. Cakes, chocolates, desserts those were my weakness. Now I eat an egg every day, I haven't drank a soda in over 6 months the only thing I drink daily is water and I don't eat sweets period. It has been quite a learning experience and a fun journey.

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I eat steel cut and rolled oats alternate between the two but I also eat the instant oats from Qauker just the un-sweetned original flavor. I alternate between them depending on how I feel and how quick I need to make it in the morning. The steel cut and rolled is always part of my daily meals, I have 6 meals a day. So I buy it in bulk cook it on the weekends and then put it in the fridge. So each day I put it in tupper ware for my meal. I've had it in shakes the raw uncooked oats it's good, nice source of protein but makes it thicker. You know it's funny before I started the weightloss and fitness journey I never ate egg for 10 years, drank about 3-5 sodas a day and anything sweet had my name on it. Cakes, chocolates, desserts those were my weakness. Now I eat an egg every day, I haven't drank a soda in over 6 months the only thing I drink daily is water and I don't eat sweets period. It has been quite a learning experience and a fun journey.

I work 7 days away from home and 7 days off. The fist night I am home I usually cook about 4 days worth and boil 4 eggs at the same time. Then I set for a few days and then repeat the evening of the last day. I might drink a soda now and again but mostly black coffee in the morning and water during the day. I'm not dieting or anything, just the way I've always been. Dieting for me has more to do with exercise and portion control then anything else. Growing up in a house where my mom, step dad, and 1 of my brothers were diabetic influenced my eating habits, negatively at first during my teen years, but I never cared too much for sweets beyond a few bites every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I have really learned a lot we didn't eat really bad other than the soda and sweets every now and then but when I really started working out there was just so much I didn't know. We don't eat processed things like white bread and sugar use is almost non existent. I bought a bag of sugar when we moved into the house and 2 years later we still have not opened it. We don't use salt when we're cooking and drink skim milk so along with eating pretty regular portion it wasn't a HUGE change like I imagine it must be for some people. However the 6 meals a day, eating every 3 hours, learning about good fats, bad fats, and how excercise and diet plays together in acheiving goals has been such a cool thing to learn about.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Omgosh I love steel cut oats and you are right once you get used to it you can never go back to the quick oats.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR