Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 90 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 87888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 29213
Like Tree77338Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by wendybeee View Post
    For those of you into cars....you need to have a look at some of these cases....pretty sweet !

https://casemachine.com/
    so sweet my wallet is not going to like this lol
    wendybeee likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Wowzers! Yeah that's a BIG weather change. Well stay cool Wendy!

Tapatalking using my iphone
    should be an interesting day for me whenever we get into the 30s our server room A/C starts throwing warnings
    Relletti and wendybeee like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Morning everyone! Happy dance this morning...up at 5, running around with errands and girls to school but perk before I drove to work:
    Attachment 31471
    America runs on Dunkin' lol
    seashell93 and wendybeee like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

So because most of our users at the company I work for always question our reason for requiring complex passwords we in the IT dept. have planned to show them why. We got users to submit passwords similar to what their actual passwords are, we don't keep any hardcopy records of actual passwords, so they have changed a character or two. We have hashed them and I'm currently in the process of researching different tools and tables, dictionaries and methods used to crack passwords. In the first run with hashcat with just the default settings haven't really changed much you would be surprised how many of the altered passwords I've already cracked. All the peeps here seem pretty knowledgable but I urge you maybe you have a cousin, friend, etc. that uses the silliest passwords help them out. Use a password keeper like 1Password, one you can trust and make sure all the passwords are not only complex but different. Here are the rules I usually go by when I'm creating a password

10-14 characters
    two mis-spelt words seperated by a non-alphanumeric (#$%&^...) don't use periods
    nothing familiar about you (pet, kid, spouse, partner's name)
    substitute letters with numbers ie. 4 for a, 8 for b, 3 for e, etc.

I usually go the extra mile so what I did was to make a table where I list all the usual substitutions of numbers for letters and I swapped them so that 3 is for a, etc. The dictionaries and tables crackers use have leet alphabet in them so it will know the usual substitutions. The longer the password the longer it will take a cracker and like car theives they will skip it and move on to the ones that take the less time.

The Easiest Ways Not to Get Hacked
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Thanks for that info! I know lots use the easiest password so they don't have to type much or remember a difficult one. I do use numbers for some letters and also special characters in the middle...none of my passwords make sense to anyone but me! And yea I have different ones for each site I frequent.

I use SecureSafe to store mine...free app as well as a website so you can access them wherever.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    America runs on Dunkin' lol
    I don't get to run on Dunkin often, so it's a treat for me!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Thanks for that info! I know lots use the easiest password so they don't have to type much or remember a difficult one. I do use numbers for some letters and also special characters in the middle...none of my passwords make sense to anyone but me! And yea I have different ones for each site I frequent.

I use SecureSafe to store mine...free app as well as a website so you can access them wherever.
    I use 1Password have it on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Most of my users I tell them if your info is important the password that protects it should be just as important to you. At work they login once for the entire day I'm like if you want to be lazy with all the sites you use that's cool but here 2-4 minutes wont kill you. My password is 14 characters lol but it takes me about 2 minutes to type it out. My cousin got his GMail hacked and all his contacts got emails that he was mugged in London lol. When we fixed the problem I made him a good password he looked at me "but that's so long" really, really that is why you got hacked in the first place banana234 is not such a great password ROFL
    seashell93 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

I usually just drink my coffee just as it comes out of the coffee maker. First cup was at 4 am. Hope all of you have a great day, this week at work will be an interesting one for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

So because most of our users at the company I work for always question our reason for requiring complex passwords we in the IT dept. have planned to show them why. We got users to submit passwords similar to what their actual passwords are, we don't keep any hardcopy records of actual passwords, so they have changed a character or two. We have hashed them and I'm currently in the process of researching different tools and tables, dictionaries and methods used to crack passwords. In the first run with hashcat with just the default settings haven't really changed much you would be surprised how many of the altered passwords I've already cracked. All the peeps here seem pretty knowledgable but I urge you maybe you have a cousin, friend, etc. that uses the silliest passwords help them out. Use a password keeper like 1Password, one you can trust and make sure all the passwords are not only complex but different. Here are the rules I usually go by when I'm creating a password

10-14 characters
    two mis-spelt words seperated by a non-alphanumeric (#$%&^...) don't use periods
    nothing familiar about you (pet, kid, spouse, partner's name)
    substitute letters with numbers ie. 4 for a, 8 for b, 3 for e, etc.

I usually go the extra mile so what I did was to make a table where I list all the usual substitutions of numbers for letters and I swapped them so that 3 is for a, etc. The dictionaries and tables crackers use have leet alphabet in them so it will know the usual substitutions. The longer the password the longer it will take a cracker and like car theives they will skip it and move on to the ones that take the less time.

The Easiest Ways Not to Get Hacked
    Good information ipheuria! I try to tell family and friends to step up their password security but some just don't want to take the time lol. I use quick password manager from the App Store on my iPhone and a app called security vault on my blackberry playbook. Both have some awesome security plus cloud backup to dropbox so I'm happy with that.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

I think I will try out secure safe. I've been looking for password keeper that will allow me to access my stuff on a website.

Ipheuria and Jaguarr40 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Good information ipheuria! I try to tell family and friends to step up their password security but some just don't want to take the time lol. I use quick password manager from the App Store on my iPhone and a app called security vault on my blackberry playbook. Both have some awesome security plus cloud backup to dropbox so I'm happy with that.

You should do what I do just make the passwords for them lol if they will let you.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

got an image from Reelskie and made an iPhone 5 wallpaper. I will be doig a couple other edits in a few minutes so stay tuned for updates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-swag.png  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

You should do what I do just make the passwords for them lol if they will let you.
    Yeah I've been doing that for my mom so I might as well do it for the rest of them lol. It's just a pain. I barley want to look in my password manager for mine let alone try and figure out my mom's 😆. But I guess we do what we gotta do!

Ipheuria and wendybeee like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

got an image from Reelskie and made an iPhone 5 wallpaper. I will be doig a couple other edits in a few minutes so stay tuned for updates.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with man!

wendybeee likes this.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2240  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I use 1Password have it on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Most of my users I tell them if your info is important the password that protects it should be just as important to you. At work they login once for the entire day I'm like if you want to be lazy with all the sites you use that's cool but here 2-4 minutes wont kill you. My password is 14 characters lol but it takes me about 2 minutes to type it out. My cousin got his GMail hacked and all his contacts got emails that he was mugged in London lol. When we fixed the problem I made him a good password he looked at me "but that's so long" really, really that is why you got hacked in the first place banana234 is not such a great password ROFL
    Data Vault App on the Phone with it's desktop equivalent.
    Ipheuria and wendybeee like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

So here's too more before I gotta get back to work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-swag1.png   The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-swag2.png  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

So here's too more before I gotta get back to work
    Oh those are hot!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2243  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Good afternoon ALL. Just finished lunch and now back to the grind at work. I hope everyone id doing well today and this afternoon. Only 4 1/2 more hours and outta here for the evening. At least until Payday tomorrow. Love direct deposit....
    wendybeee likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Good afternoon ALL. Just finished lunch and now back to the grind at work. I hope everyone id doing well today and this afternoon. Only 4 1/2 more hours and outta here for the evening. At least until Payday tomorrow. Love direct deposit....
    Direct deposit has to be one of the greatest inventions of all time! I can't wait untill this day is over. For such a short week with the holiday and all. its been a crazy one.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Oh those are hot!

you are gonna love this one I got this idea while I was posting those and put it together before I gotta get back to work

LOVE IT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-swagg3d.png  
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2246  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I think I will try out secure safe. I've been looking for password keeper that will allow me to access my stuff on a website.

Rellskie I use Password Keeper which is free and it's desktop counterpart and I use as my main go to Data Vault with a desktop counterpart as well. I like Data Vault better and it backs up to iCloud or Dropbox. Check those out although I posted an article about a sale on Passsword 1 this week from the iMore blog under the app section in the forums.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

you are gonna love this one I got this idea while I was posting those and put it together before I gotta get back to work

LOVE IT!
    Ohhhhh! That's it right there! Hey ipeura when ever your not busy, could you hook me up with this one but with the letters in like a light red color? I would really appreciate it!

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Ohhhhh! That's it right there! Hey ipeura when ever your not busy, could you hook me up with this one but with the letters in like a light red color? I would really appreciate it!

no prob love it on my lock screen

The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1369935626.986406.jpg
    Relletti and seashell93 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

no prob love it on my lock screen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369935626.986406.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	31481
    That looks great. I love how you put the Cane in between the letter G. It really looks cool!

Ipheuria likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

It's a great freebie one...and I've tried quite a few! I've been using this one for just about a year...
    Ipheuria and Jaguarr40 like this.
Page 90 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 87888990919293 ... LastLast