Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 79 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 76777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 29213
Like Tree77338Likes
  1. #1951  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    7,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    How is everyone's afternoon going? Mine is good I just can't wait to leave work. All that food from this weekend has me sleepy lol.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    Mine's going good been trying to reload an iPhone 3G for a friend, don't ask lol. Damn I've been out of the loop so long this thing keeps throwing me errors. It was Jailbroken and unlocked by me and now I'm just trying to reload the OS without the unlock. Well I'm bested for today I will get back at it tomorrow again think I'm going to try reloading it on a different machine.
    middbrew and wendybeee like this.
  2. #1952  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    Mine's going good been trying to reload an iPhone 3G for a friend, don't ask lol. Damn I've been out of the loop so long this thing keeps throwing me errors. It was Jailbroken and unlocked by me and now I'm just trying to reload the OS without the unlock. Well I'm bested for today I will get back at it tomorrow again think I'm going to try reloading it on a different machine.
    Wow sounds like you had your hands full with that. Hopefully you can get it working again.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    middbrew and wendybeee like this.
  3. #1953  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Who is going to get it and get the mark on the cup and a special Avatar??
    Inquiring minds want to know.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1954  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    I gave up eating Meat over 20 years ago in as much as that I mean no red meat or veal or pork or anything even considered meat. I don't diet at all but stay in good shape because I was heavy and just decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live that way today and all I eat is Chicken, Ground Turkey Breast and lots of fish along with fresh veggies and lots of whole grains of all kinds. Quinoa, Steel Cut oatmean, Cous Cous, Brown Rice and legumes.

    I take my lunch to work every day that i cook for the entire week on Sunday's. I eat Organic Chobani Greek Yogurt and so i suppose you get the idea. I just introduced Chia Seeds that are very good in omega 3 that I put in my yogurt. I also drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinagar in 2 caps to 8 oz of water which helps your stomach get probiotics and acidify your body for health. I also take about 6-7 different vitamins daily as well. So that is what i do and have been doing this for 20 years. I always have perfect yearly blood work and physicals and then on top of that i cycle long distance about 30-40 mile rides on the weekends as well.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 05-28-2013 at 05:33 PM.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1955  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Would that be you midd wanting to know. Not too far off, its up for whoever wants it.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1956  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Going over to visit CB so my Avatar over here might magically turn into a louzatar! LOL Be back in a few.
    middbrew and wendybeee like this.
  7. #1957  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I gave up eating Meat overt 20 years ago in as much as that I mean no red meat or veal or pork or anything even considered meat. I don't diet all but stay in good shape because I was heavy and just decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live that way today and all I eat is Chicken, Ground Turkey Breast and lots of fish along with fresh veggies and lots of whole grains of all kinds. Quinoa, Steel Cut oatmean, Cous Cous, Brown Rice and legumes.

    I take my lunch to work every day that i cook for the entire week on Sunday's. I eat Organic Chobani Greek Yogurt and so i suppose you get the idea. I just introduced Chia Seeds that are very in omega 3 that I put in my yogurt. I also drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinagar in 2 caps to 8 oz of water which helps your stomach get probiotics and acidify your body for health. I also take about 6-7 different vitamins daily as well. So that is what i do and have been doing this for 20 years. I always have perfect yearly blood work and physicals and then on top of that i cycle long distance about 30-40 mile rides on the weekends as well.
    My wife stopped eating meat a little over a year ago. No beef, chicken (or any birds), pork, or fish. She was having digestive issues and this is what was recommended and it worked. She does eat stuff like eggs, just no flesh as she says.
  8. #1958  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Would that be you midd wanting to know. Not too far off, its up for whoever wants it.
    I'm guessing I should see who it is soon enough.
    wendybeee and Jaguarr40 like this.
  9. #1959  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I gave up eating Meat overt 20 years ago in as much as that I mean no red meat or veal or pork or anything even considered meat. I don't diet all but stay in good shape because I was heavy and just decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live that way today and all I eat is Chicken, Ground Turkey Breast and lots of fish along with fresh veggies and lots of whole grains of all kinds. Quinoa, Steel Cut oatmean, Cous Cous, Brown Rice and legumes.

    I take my lunch to work every day that i cook for the entire week on Sunday's. I eat Organic Chobani Greek Yogurt and so i suppose you get the idea. I just introduced Chia Seeds that are very in omega 3 that I put in my yogurt. I also drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinagar in 2 caps to 8 oz of water which helps your stomach get probiotics and acidify your body for health. I also take about 6-7 different vitamins daily as well. So that is what i do and have been doing this for 20 years. I always have perfect yearly blood work and physicals and then on top of that i cycle long distance about 30-40 mile rides on the weekends as well.
    That's great jag. I think it all has to do with wanting a lifestyle change like you said. That's what I've been doing the last 2 months just trying to eat better and workout. I primarily eat salads and chicken I cook in a Pressure cooker with some light seasoning. So far I've lost 12 pounds since making my lifestyle change.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
  10. #1960  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    That's great jag. I think it all has to do with wanting a lifestyle change like you said. That's what I've been doing the last 2 months just trying to eat better and workout. I primarily eat salads and chicken I cook in a Pressure cooker with some light seasoning. So far I've lost 12 pounds since making my lifestyle change.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    That's pretty cool Rellskie. Staying health and feeling good is what it's all about.
    Relletti and Ipheuria like this.
  11. #1961  
    GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,922 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,654 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    My wife stopped eating meat a little over a year ago. No beef, chicken (or any birds), pork, or fish. She was having digestive issues and this is what was recommended and it worked. She does eat stuff like eggs, just no flesh as she says.
    I quit eating meat about a year and a half ago after my neighbor got a couple dozen cows and a few chickens as pets. I just couldn't do it anymore. For those of us in the States, Morning Star Farms has a bunch of delicious veggie meat alternatives.

    I don't eat eggs though. Something about eating a foetal chicken just gives me the willies.
  12. #1962  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    That's pretty cool Rellskie. Staying health and feeling good is what it's all about.
    Thanks middbrew! And it's true you do feel better and that's what keeps me going. Trying to feel and look my best 😀


    Tapatalking using my iphone
  13. #1963  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerSnapsBack View Post
    I quit eating meat about a year and a half ago after my neighbor got a couple dozen cows and a few chickens as pets. I just couldn't do it anymore. For those of us in the States, Morning Star Farms has a bunch of delicious veggie meat alternatives.

    I don't eat eggs though. Something about eating a foetal chicken just gives me the willies.
    Morning Star Farms and several other brands are good. My wife also makes a lot of stuff like tempeh to taste like real meats.
  14. #1964  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    7,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Wow sounds like you had your hands full with that. Hopefully you can get it working again.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    lol yeah it's fun because I haven't needed to do it on such an old iPhone in forever. Luckily I have all the tools it's just this damn error so we'll see.
    middbrew and Relletti like this.
  15. #1965  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    lol yeah it's fun because I haven't needed to do it on such an old iPhone in forever. Luckily I have all the tools it's just this damn error so we'll see.
    That's cool then. I was thinking to myself for all that hassle your friend could just get a newer iPhone and easily jailbreak it. That's nice your fixing it though.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    middbrew likes this.
  16. #1966  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerSnapsBack View Post

    I don't eat eggs though. Something about eating a foetal chicken just gives me the willies.
    Get em while they're young!
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  17. #1967  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts

    Default The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Well look at that... I'm a Guru now on these forums. I swear since jaguarr started this thread I've been posting a lot more lol.



    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
  18. #1968  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Well look at that... I'm a Guru now on these forums. I swear since jaguarr started this thread I've been posting a lot more lol.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    Congrats!
    Jaguarr40 and Relletti like this.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1969  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    I'm guessing I should see who it is soon enough.
    Watch out and go for it. Why not. Then you can have one here and one at CB or if you have more Milestones there?
    middbrew likes this.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1970  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    That's great jag. I think it all has to do with wanting a lifestyle change like you said. That's what I've been doing the last 2 months just trying to eat better and workout. I primarily eat salads and chicken I cook in a Pressure cooker with some light seasoning. So far I've lost 12 pounds since making my lifestyle change.


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    That is great Rell. My boss and his wife are on constant diets and yo yo all the time up and down and i try and tell them that if they get the word diet out of their vocabulary and make it a lifestyle change they would be better off.

    I am not trying to be a preacher but I just know when I did it what happened for me 20 years ago, Lost 80 lbs and at 56 now except for 2-3 l'm fluctuation I have kept it off to 170 now.

    I just know what works for me. Heck when i take ground turkey breast and make about 5 burgers in the oven for the week I combine seasonings and because there is no fat I use Liquid egg whites for moisture and other things, extra virgin olive oil and just mix it up and get 5 burgers like I said. Then I roast a bunch of different veggies that I make a lunch with. So all that has worked and once a week I will cheat in the evening with some low fat ice cream.
    Relletti and Ipheuria like this.
  21. #1971  
    middbrew's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Watch out and go for it. Why not. Then you can have one here and one at CB or if you have more Milestones there?
    Oh yeah, I have about a half a dozen over there.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1972  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerSnapsBack View Post
    I quit eating meat about a year and a half ago after my neighbor got a couple dozen cows and a few chickens as pets. I just couldn't do it anymore. For those of us in the States, Morning Star Farms has a bunch of delicious veggie meat alternatives.

    I don't eat eggs though. Something about eating a foetal chicken just gives me the willies.
    Ginger I eat those meat alternatives all the time or Boca Burgers too which are good meat alternatives.
    middbrew likes this.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1973  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    Morning Star Farms and several other brands are good. My wife also makes a lot of stuff like tempeh to taste like real meats.
    I eat tempeh as well...Good stuff. I shop at Trader Joes now that we have one, they are inexpensive and have good food. I love that place.
    middbrew likes this.
  24. #1974  
    Relletti's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    That is great Rell. My boss and his wife are on constant diets and yo yo all the time up and down and i try and tell them that if they get the word diet out of their vocabulary and make it a lifestyle change they would be better off.

    I am not trying to be a preacher but I just know when I did it what happened for me 20 years ago, Lost 80 lbs and at 56 now except for 2-3 l'm fluctuation I have kept it off to 170 now.

    I just know what works for me. Heck when i take ground turkey breast and make about 5 burgers in the oven for the week I combine seasonings and because there is no fat I use Liquid egg whites for moisture and other things, extra virgin olive oil and just mix it up and get 5 burgers like I said. Then I roast a bunch of different veggies that I make a lunch with. So all that has worked and once a week I will cheat in the evening with some low fat ice cream.
    That's awesome!


    Tapatalking using my iphone
    middbrew and Jaguarr40 like this.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1975  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

    Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Well look at that... I'm a Guru now on these forums. I swear since jaguarr started this thread I've been posting a lot more lol.



    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    Gets you into more forums and not just let me see your lock screen and home screen thread right....
    Relletti and middbrew like this.
Page 79 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 76777879808182 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 08:47 AM
  2. iPhone lineup after the 3Q
    By KingBuick in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
  3. Bid for a lunch with Tim Cook, help a good cause
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions