Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 78 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 75767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 29213
Like Tree77338Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

since we're all posting food lol here is my meal 2 today. Cooked un-sweetened rolled oats with Cinnamon for flavoring.

The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1369753557.816863.jpg

looks yummy doesn't it lol
    0.5g fat and 1.5g protein so this is what it contributes to
    The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1369753695.714481.jpg

Wohoo love those Macros
    wendybeee and middbrew like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    since we're all posting food lol here is my meal 2 today. Cooked un-sweetened rolled oats with Cinnamon for flavoring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369753557.816863.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	31352

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369753695.714481.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	31353

Wohoo love those Macros
    Is it good?

Tapatalking using my iphone
    middbrew likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1928  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    This thread is really moving! Can't believe we are about to hit the 2000 mark

Who is going to get it and get the mark on the cup and a special Avatar??
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1929  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth2 View Post
    Attachment 31350

Good Morning..bagles are here!
    Thank you Elizabeth for the bagels and i hope you got your iced coffee i left for you with some Timmies snacks. I think Wendy and I must have just passed each other today...LOL
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Hopefully i can get it because I want a special avatar! ☺

6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1931  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Well off today and we expect lots of rain here so I am heading out to run errands and Sams Club. Anybody need anything text me and let me know. See all of you later on today. Stay safe.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369753557.816863.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	31352

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369753695.714481.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	31353

Wohoo love those Macros
    Every morning I eat steel cut oats and a boiled egg. Its not your typical oatmeal but once you get used to it, its hard to go back to the quick oat stuff.
    middbrew likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Is it good?

yeah it's good it's clean so you can do whatever you want to make it taste a little better. I cook it with Cinnamon now and sometimes I'll put some honey or PB2 peanut butter. It's un-sweetned so you need something to give it some flavor.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Me, me, me *puts hand up impatiently*
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Thank you Elizabeth for the bagels and i hope you got your iced coffee i left for you with some Timmies snacks. I think Wendy and I must have just passed each other today...LOL
    I love how you guys (from the US) call it ice coffee lol it's sounds really weird because we call it ice capp as in ice cappucino.
    Jaguarr40 and middbrew like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crude Berry View Post
    Every morning I eat steel cut oats and a boiled egg. Its not your typical oatmeal but once you get used to it, its hard to go back to the quick oat stuff.
    I eat steel cut and rolled oats alternate between the two but I also eat the instant oats from Qauker just the un-sweetned original flavor. I alternate between them depending on how I feel and how quick I need to make it in the morning. The steel cut and rolled is always part of my daily meals, I have 6 meals a day. So I buy it in bulk cook it on the weekends and then put it in the fridge. So each day I put it in tupper ware for my meal. I've had it in shakes the raw uncooked oats it's good, nice source of protein but makes it thicker. You know it's funny before I started the weightloss and fitness journey I never ate egg for 10 years, drank about 3-5 sodas a day and anything sweet had my name on it. Cakes, chocolates, desserts those were my weakness. Now I eat an egg every day, I haven't drank a soda in over 6 months the only thing I drink daily is water and I don't eat sweets period. It has been quite a learning experience and a fun journey.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

I eat steel cut and rolled oats alternate between the two but I also eat the instant oats from Qauker just the un-sweetned original flavor. I alternate between them depending on how I feel and how quick I need to make it in the morning. The steel cut and rolled is always part of my daily meals, I have 6 meals a day. So I buy it in bulk cook it on the weekends and then put it in the fridge. So each day I put it in tupper ware for my meal. I've had it in shakes the raw uncooked oats it's good, nice source of protein but makes it thicker. You know it's funny before I started the weightloss and fitness journey I never ate egg for 10 years, drank about 3-5 sodas a day and anything sweet had my name on it. Cakes, chocolates, desserts those were my weakness. Now I eat an egg every day, I haven't drank a soda in over 6 months the only thing I drink daily is water and I don't eat sweets period. It has been quite a learning experience and a fun journey.
    I work 7 days away from home and 7 days off. The fist night I am home I usually cook about 4 days worth and boil 4 eggs at the same time. Then I set for a few days and then repeat the evening of the last day. I might drink a soda now and again but mostly black coffee in the morning and water during the day. I'm not dieting or anything, just the way I've always been. Dieting for me has more to do with exercise and portion control then anything else. Growing up in a house where my mom, step dad, and 1 of my brothers were diabetic influenced my eating habits, negatively at first during my teen years, but I never cared too much for sweets beyond a few bites every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Ipheuria and middbrew like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

I have really learned a lot we didn't eat really bad other than the soda and sweets every now and then but when I really started working out there was just so much I didn't know. We don't eat processed things like white bread and sugar use is almost non existent. I bought a bag of sugar when we moved into the house and 2 years later we still have not opened it. We don't use salt when we're cooking and drink skim milk so along with eating pretty regular portion it wasn't a HUGE change like I imagine it must be for some people. However the 6 meals a day, eating every 3 hours, learning about good fats, bad fats, and how excercise and diet plays together in acheiving goals has been such a cool thing to learn about.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

So I should have oatmeal and an egg for lunch?!!
    middbrew likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crude Berry View Post
    Omgosh I love steel cut oats and you are right once you get used to it you can never go back to the quick oats.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

I have really learned a lot we didn't eat really bad other than the soda and sweets every now and then but when I really started working out there was just so much I didn't know. We don't eat processed things like white bread and sugar use is almost non existent. I bought a bag of sugar when we moved into the house and 2 years later we still have not opened it. We don't use salt when we're cooking and drink skim milk so along with eating pretty regular portion it wasn't a HUGE change like I imagine it must be for some people. However the 6 meals a day, eating every 3 hours, learning about good fats, bad fats, and how excercise and diet plays together in acheiving goals has been such a cool thing.
    That's awesome! We drink soda only occasionally and my girls rarely have it as compared to their friends who drink it daily!! We limit sweets and try to make healthy meals...hubby and I walk about 2 miles a day, 100 'bicycles' a day and both my girls are active too (oldest is going to State for track this weekend ). Being active and 'everything in moderation' is how I do things!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    That's awesome! We drink soda only occasionally and my girls rarely have it as compared to their friends who drink it daily!! We limit sweets and try to make healthy meals...hubby and I walk about 2 miles a day, 100 'bicycles' a day and both my girls are active too (oldest is going to State for track this weekend ). Being active and 'everything in moderation' is how I do things!
    now that is some good parenting
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

So I should have oatmeal and an egg for lunch?!!
    It all depends egg is a great source of nutrients, oats is a great source of protein with very little fat. I'm heading towards a goal so for that I'm getting as much protein as I can to build lean muscle mass and watching my fats to make sure I'm only eating good fats. I watch my carbs too but not as much, I eat good foods so not too concerned about my carbs. My meals today for example were:

Breakfast
    Granola with skim milk
    1 glass of skim milk with whey protein
    1 boiled egg
    2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin) - specialty bread high in protein and not overly processed

Meal 2
    1/4 cup of cooked un-sweetened rolled oats

Lunch
    1 Ezekiel wrap with 4 slices of lean chicken breast deli meat
    3 glasses of water
    1 greek yogurt naturally flavored
    2 rice cakes

Meal 4
    2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin)
    1 egg white omlette

After workout snack
    12 raw almonds
    1 questbar

Dinner
    1 salmon filet
    1/2 cup spinach instead of salad with balsalmic dressing
    1 cup of steamed vegetables
    2 cups of water

Snack (Last Meal)
    1 shake
    1 cup skim milk
    whey protein
    PB2 peanut butter
    ground flaxseed

Most of my meals daily have about 80% of this since I'm pretty repetitive with my food. This gets me a lot of protein, is 80-90% good fats and absolutely no trans fat. The thing about my diet is that I eat all the same foods I ate before I've just added to it with the exception of not eating sweets which were treats before so not really part of my daily diet. I know some people are rigid with their diet, they eat 100% clean, prep their meal for the week and don't deviate. I like to keep balance and with my food I can add foods or not eat foods to increase protein or decrease my sugar etc. So it all depends on your goals really.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

now that is some good parenting
    Thank you!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

It all depends egg is a great source of nutrients, oats is a great source of protein with very little fat. I'm heading towards a goal so for that I'm getting as much protein as I can to build lean muscle mass and watching my fats to make sure I'm only eating good fats. I watch my carbs too but not as much, I eat good foods so not too concerned about my carbs. My meals today for example were:

Breakfast
    Granola with skim milk
    1 glass of skim milk with whey protein
    1 boiled egg
    2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin) - specialty bread high in protein and not overly processed

Meal 2
    1/4 cup of cooked un-sweetened rolled oats

Lunch
    1 Ezekiel wrap with 4 slices of lean chicken breast deli meat
    3 glasses of water
    1 greek yogurt naturally flavored
    2 rice cakes

Meal 4
    2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin)
    1 egg white omlette

After workout snack
    12 raw almonds
    1 questbar

Dinner
    1 salmon filet
    1/2 cup spinach instead of salad with balsalmic dressing
    1 cup of steamed vegetables
    2 cups of water

Snack (Last Meal)
    1 shake
    1 cup skim milk
    whey protein
    PB2 peanut butter
    ground flaxseed

Most of my meals daily have about 80% of this since I'm pretty repetitive with my food. This gets me a lot of protein, is 80-90% good fats and absolutely no trans fat. The thing about my diet is that I eat all the same foods I ate before I've just added to it with the exception of not eating sweets which were treats before so not really part of my daily diet. I know some people are rigid with their diet, they eat 100% clean, prep their meal for the week and don't deviate. I like to keep balance and with my food I can add foods or not eat foods to increase protein or decrease my sugar etc. So it all depends on your goals really.
    I commend you on your dedication to that whole routine!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

I commend you on your dedication to that whole routine!
    honestly written out like that it seems like a lot and for parents who have kids to deal with along with their own stuff it probably looks even worst. But I prep the omlette and the oats on the weekend it takes about 20 minutes and then they go in the fridge. Everything else it takes me about 5-10 minutes in the morning to throw the stuff into containers and put it in my lunch bag. When we do food for dinner we usually will do a whole bunch of salmon fillet and I can take them for lunch or eat it for dinner so we're not cooking every single night. Basically it's a lot easier than it reads lol
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

How is everyone's afternoon going? Mine is good I just can't wait to leave work. All that food from this weekend has me sleepy lol.

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,654 Global Posts

Ha.

The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-funny.jpg
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    40,035 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth2 View Post
    middbrew a grilled cheese sandwich is definitely high on my list especially with sharp cheddar and good sourdough bread.... Oh comfort food at its best!
    Sharp cheddar is a mush. I really like them with sauteed onions mixed in with the cheese.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1950  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I love how you guys (from the US) call it ice coffee lol it's sounds really weird because we call it ice capp as in ice cappucino.
    On the weekends when I am off on Sunday's and Monday's All I drink from Starbucks is Cappucino but I prefer it hot.
Page 78 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 75767778798081 ... LastLast