Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 335 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 332333334335336337338 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 29213
Like Tree77338Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8351  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Gaming the system. Go into Starbucks. Order a drink. Sit down. Go back to the counter. Order a cookie. Two stars for the price of one. Reach Gold or freebies faster.

​Dumb, Starbucks, dumb.
    Very cool and not a bad idea for the cookie too....LOL
    wendybeee and bamf-hacker like this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8352  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth2 View Post
    Oh Jag! Gosh I don't check in one evening and look what happens!
    All kidding aside this has to be extremely frustrating for you!!
    Sooo sorry to hear this. Lets hope it's just temporary??
    We shall see Elizabeth but even if not, yes you are right and frustrating does not even cover it all. My memory of my wonderful small family owned business will not go unforgotten compared to what I do for the company to block a sire like iMore... Hell it is not sex related or anything like that. Damn near all my co-workers and the owners have iPhones too but they don't understand my point of view and it does not matter if they did.
    wendybeee and bamf-hacker like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8353  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wendybeee View Post
    Hey Jag must have felt like it was a looooong day eh ? Glad you are back now
    You have no idea how much you miss your friends until you see them and how much they care. YES it was a very long day Wendy. Tomorrow at 4 and i can forget it for the weekend.
    bamf-hacker and wendybeee like this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8354  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    hey everyone! glad this day is over. Might go see a movie tonight but not sure what i want to see though. How is everyone tonight?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Well I am home so i am doing great now.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Ohhhh free peeking ability whenever i can or want. Now that is cool and worth it alone. I will be taking you up on that one....
    Fanfreakingtastic!!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Well I am home so i am doing great now.
    Thats good. So you survived your first day with less posting on imore lol. How was it? That really sucks that they blocked the site at your job.

Tapatalking from my Galaxy S IV

Jag, try something like LogMeIn running at home. Then you can use a regular browser over port 80 and remote into your home pc. From there you can surf iMore to your hearts content
    wendybeee and Relletti like this.

1000 more likes!! we can do it
    Relletti, wendybeee and Anilu7 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

I think I finally found the perfect keyboard for my phone. Right now im using google's keyboard. So far so good. Ive been testing keyboards all day smh.

I think I finally found the perfect keyboard for my phone. Right now im using google's keyboard. So far so good. Ive been testing keyboards all day smh.

Post a link to it.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8361  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Fanfreakingtastic!!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone
    LOL I knew for some reason you would like that seashell!!!!!
    bamf-hacker and seashell93 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    Post a link to it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin

Jaguarr40 and bamf-hacker like this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8363  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Good evening guys...back again...Skyping with a close friend.....
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Good evening guys...back again...Skyping with a close friend.....
    Hey there jag!

15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8365  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Thats good. So you survived your first day with less posting on imore lol. How was it? That really sucks that they blocked the site at your job.

It was weird to tell you the truth when you are in a routine no different than I am with my job. I sorta got over it because there was nothing I could do about it.
    The sad thing is that they blocked such an innocent site and not once have I ever missed a beat at all of the jobs given to me or what I am responsible for doing at work I should so.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8366  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Jag, try something like LogMeIn running at home. Then you can use a regular browser over port 80 and remote into your home pc. From there you can surf iMore to your hearts content
    bamf I might consider it as I actually just off the phone with a friend i was talking to him about the same thing. It is still going around their firewall and server to do it and I don't know if i want to get nailed at that you know what I mean? I will weigh it and do the best I think.
    1000 more likes!! we can do it
    Yeh we have less that 1000 likes to hit 20K which i think is amazing guys. Lets get into it and knock that out and get Lizzie or Wendy or both to come up with a special something that all of us can download and keep as a momento.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

It was weird to tell you the truth when you are in a routine no different than I am with my job. I sorta got over it because there was nothing I could do about it.
    The sad thing is that they blocked such an innocent site and not once have I ever missed a beat at all of the jobs given to me or what I am responsible for doing at work I should so.
    Yeah I understand. Hey what can you do but find a work around ya know? Bamf and pk gave some good suggestions too that I wouod check out

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    12,218 Global Posts

I need to share a few things with the regulars and my friends of 20K although this deals more with my Volunteer position more than anything so with that....It seems today our wonderful IT dept of 1 decided to shut down and lock out many websites through our server and one is iMore. The funny thing is i was signed on all day today and usually stay signed on from Morning until l go home and do my Volunteer forum work in the AM and through out the day as i see fir every few hours. That is really going to change and i am not going to use the iMore forum app or Tapatalk for other reasons.

The only reason I am letting you know this is so that if you don't see me do what i like to do in here every morning and say good morning and have a few mins of fun before I actually work my real job, You will know why and not wonder where I am but it is just one of those things. As far as my role with iMore, I will work that out between my team leader and evening hours. Nothing will change how I do my job and the capacity and desire to do it and if anybody knows me you know that won't change.

I am only sorry that I will not be able to see and participate in 20K in the hours I have become use to and will is it. I know there are many capable people here to keep it going in the day time hours and there are a few that i don't need to name that. knows how to reach me when needed or to just say hello. Sorry to all you guys but keep that coffee and breakfast coming and somebody pleaseeeeeeeeeee send me my morning cup of coffee through iMessage....

Anyway I care very much for each and everyone of you and hopefully it might be temporary but doubt it. See you all around you can count on that.

PS This IT guy did not lock down CB or AC but even though I can get onto those sites and passport login the link to imore is broken and because it has been locked out by the web address so i had thought of that and even using tipb but the redirector takes it right to iMore which is locked.
    Jag -- that really sucks. I hope you can get a work-around so you can come on iMore when you need to.
    Relletti and bamf-hacker like this.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8369  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Hey there jag!

Evening Rell finally!! What a day!!
    Relletti and bamf-hacker like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Might go see this movie "The conjuring" This movie preview had me shook a little bit when I seen it lol.

bamf-hacker likes this.

I use LogMeIn all the time to get to machines. It is how I trouble shoot all my friends and families issues.

You are not circumventing the company firewall, because you are not doing any of the surfing on their interwebz. The remote session is established to the pc at home then everything is run from there.

another, more costly option is pick up a WiFi hotspot and use that through out the day when you want to connect back to iMore or any other sites you might want to visit.

Are you using a company provided machine or BYOD?
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8372  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I use LogMeIn all the time to get to machines. It is how I trouble shoot all my friends and families issues.

You are not circumventing the company firewall, because you are not doing any of the surfing on their interwebz. The remote session is established to the pc at home then everything is run from there.

another, more costly option is pick up a WiFi hotspot and use that through out the day when you want to connect back to iMore or any other sites you might want to visit.

Company PC and the first part of your comments might have some merit that I might give closer thought to. I will think about it over the weekend when i am off and let you know what i decided to do.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8373  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

The one thing is we all know and I even knew about logmein before is what is morally right for me at work with my job, length of time there ( 7 Years) and other things to think about that i don't want to throw away. had a long chat a while ago with another old MN friend from one of our other forums that give me something to think about or not over think so to speak so we shall see.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    12,218 Global Posts

Good question re BYOD. If so, no-one can say anything about what you do on your own time.
    bamf-hacker likes this.

Even with a BYOD solution you are still connecting to the company backbone. Some companies, like mine, have a guest VLAN so all non trusted machines can only get to the interwebz. They still filter traffic on the VLAN but not as strictly as internally.

Jag, let me know if you need any help with LogMeIn, if that is a way you want to go. You could also talk to the IT guy and ask if you can use LogMeIn to connect to your home PC from time to time if your family needs some kind of connectivity help at home.
    Jaguarr40 and wendybeee like this.