The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems that a few of our sister sites such as Android Central and CrackBerry have started a Thread in their Off Topic Lounge especially at CB where it started as the 50K Challenge and then retitled it to the 100K Challenge when it surpassed their original number.

Here is what this is all about. You can post ANYTHING you want to post (Let's keep it PG) being a family friendly forum about anything you want to make a comment about whether it is about something you heard funny, A joke, About your day, About a device we have at iMore, I think you get the idea... Anything and everything. Look at it this way, You can bounce things off others that post and post back to their thoughts or your own , You can improve your post count and become an expert in no time...:) or just kill time and have fun. We need to compete with our other forums all for the sake of good clean fun so let's get things rolling and start posting. As the count goes up and we surpass goal 1 I can get a Mod to rename the thread to the next level and who knows maybe i can even talk them into a small gift from the iMore store for largest poster and contributor. We will see on that one. Good luck everyone and let's have fun.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

I will start it off: Does this mean the number of secs before this thread gets closed. Get the idea guys and gals?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Here's my contribution:

I have to buy a new washing machine. Again. Mine died.

Rest in Peace, Whirlpool Washer.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Get the new front loaders and spring for the pedestals so that you don't have to bend. They are wonderful! My mother has the pedestals - I don't. Only because my washer/dryer is in an area where there's "stuff" above them that can't be moved.

I want a new laundry room.

If the users at iMore can't meet this challenge, then no one can. Seriously!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I agree with Alli because this might not be the 'busiest' forum but it is the best so lets all start jumping at this now.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

OK how about 20000 steps to my local Best Buy to purchase an iPad or at least play with it or make my mind up or not or just waste the salesman time letting him or her think I am buying one??

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Just got a call from Apple Hdquarters... Tim Cook is going to be the next guest poster here because he heard about this and loves it so post away and wait for him to show up! :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

True story - Tim Cook went to the same high school as my husband, but he's younger so their paths never crossed.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Okay so I want is one of those cases for my iPhone that are made from recycled water bottles. What a cool idea !! One bottle, one case eco-friendly rPET Barely There case.

And I want the Toronto Maple Leafs to win tonight...Lol...I mean come on it only took 9 years to make it to the playoffs so we need a WIN puleeeeez !! Oooops gotta go SCORE !!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Okay so I want is one of those cases for my iPhone that are made from recycled water bottles. What a cool idea !! One bottle, one case eco-friendly rPET Barely There case.

And I want the Toronto Maple Leafs to win tonight...Lol...I mean come on it only took 9 years to make it to the playoffs so we need a WIN puleeeeez !! Oooops gotta go SCORE !!!
Wendy all I can say is Pray hard and hope Paul from over at AC doesn't hear about this with his Chicago Blackhawks and I promise not to tell him ok? :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well it is pouring rain in the Sunshine state and i spent all day at work on imore and AC since we were dead, Not many Motorcycles riding to our shop in the rain. Now i'm home, ate dinner and back on the web again on both sites. Imagine that!! Hope my bosses at both sites appreciate the dedication. :p

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Gotta spread this word through our forum, Come on people, i am dead serious about this thread. We might not beat Rich (pkcable) at CB but darn it we can sure give them a run and tell those Blog people we work with to come post here too.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

heck, you might as well add my 7000+ posts to this thread since most of them were/are just a whole bunch of gibberish anyways

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Off topic here we go! Rawlings uses a product called 'Poron' in their football helmets. The Tech21 case I just bought has an orange band around the inside that I think is the same stuff 😄

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Evidently you can drop one of these things with your phone in it from a significant height! Ok but not with my phone. And it's PINK

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Ginger, I'm with Alli go for the front loader and get a matching dryer too

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Can someone tell me the names of the different levels that a poster is assigned depending on how many times they have posted? I was thinking of incorporating them into a wallpaper😄

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Can someone tell me the names of the different levels that a poster is assigned depending on how many times they have posted? I was thinking of incorporating them into a wallpaper😄

Cool idea Elizabeth! Your wallpapers are fantastic!!!
And ya better get on it, cause at the rate we're posting, we'll have to change wallpapers daily...maybe even a few times a day, oh wait, I do that anyways!!! lol