Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 153 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 150151152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 29213
Like Tree77338Likes
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

Default Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    This is what our area is under right now all day with Tornado watches and water spouts just touched down 4 miles from my house as i live on the Gulf Of Mexico. I just received a loud weather alert from my phones weather app and took the shots.

Attachment 31888Attachment 31889Attachment 31890
    I jump whenever that alert goes off. It is something a really appreciate.
    wendybeee and Jaguarr40 like this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen3 View Post
    I'm right. There wrong! That's the end of the story!!
    Ahh, short stories!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    My experience this morning with Siri is a perfect example of why Apple needs to work on and perfect Siri. I tried to do a very simple thing and it just turned into a frustrating mess and after 5 times I just gave up. I'm walking to work I remembered that I left the garage light on and my wife goes to work later than I do so I know she was still home. It's a perfect oppurtunity to use Siri to do something as simple as sending a text message. I've asked Siri to "call my wife" and she knows which contact it is. So I said "send a text message to my wife", Siri says she doesn't have a contact who would I like to send the message to. Frustrated I say my wife's name, Siri updates the message with my wife's name in it I have no idea who it's sending the message. So I cancel and start over this time I speak slower but again it doesn't know who my wife is, after 4 attempts I just cancel it and walk to work. Something so simple turned into a frustrating mess and it's things like that which could make Siri so usefull but people get such a bad experience they don't use it again.
    All of these revolutionary features have their moments. I've gotten some odd results from S Voice, also, but most of the time I've used it, it worked.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

Of course, I must enunciate sans accent, it tends to get hinky if I speak in drawl.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Not sure what you mean? Lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    What I mean is Siri and Google's version haven't been out forever so while it's not a 1.0 product it's still kind of in the early stages lol
    BergerKing and Relletti like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Looks good on your lockscreen! Did you see iron man 3 yet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    Noooo we're hoping this Friday will work. First they were calling for rain but now they are saying no rain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

What I mean is Siri and Google's version haven't been out forever so while it's not a 1.0 product it's still kind of in the early stages lol
    I figured that. Hey its no harm in clarifying right? LOL, Anyhoo, yeah i think both will get better. They are not bad now, just not consistent enough to use everyday in my opinion.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Noooo we're hoping this Friday will work. First they were calling for rain but now they are saying no rain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    Oh No! Hopefully the weather holds up for you
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

Ahh, finally stopped for lunchtime! Chicken fajitas should hit the spot nicely!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

I figured that. Hey its no harm in clarifying right? LOL, Anyhoo, yeah i think both will get better. They are not bad now, just not consistent enough to use everyday in my opinion.
    I've noticed that S Voice is improving as I use it, and the voice to text app is getting better all the time.
    wendybeee and Jaguarr40 like this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

And Wichita Falls has some pretty decent LTE, as I'm in the restaurant with 5 bars of signal.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    And Wichita Falls has some pretty decent LTE, as I'm in the restaurant with 5 bars of signal.
    Speaking of 4G, Its pretty fast! I was browsing on chrome this morning on my s4 and i was getting to those web pages quick. Now i see why people were so hype on it.
    wendybeee likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

Speaking of 4G, Its pretty fast! I was browsing on chrome this morning on my s4 and i was getting to those web pages quick. Now i see why people were so hype on it.
    lol I never had data on any of my iPhone's until the 5 and when I go from LTE to 3G I'm like how the hell did people use 3G? it's unbearable once you've had LTE
    Relletti and wendybeee like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,958 Global Posts

lol I never had data on any of my iPhone's until the 5 and when I go from LTE to 3G I'm like how the hell did people use 3G? it's unbearable once you've had LTE
    lol! LTE is a beautiful thing
    Ipheuria and wendybeee like this.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3816  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

My experience this morning with Siri is a perfect example of why Apple needs to work on and perfect Siri. I tried to do a very simple thing and it just turned into a frustrating mess and after 5 times I just gave up. I'm walking to work I remembered that I left the garage light on and my wife goes to work later than I do so I know she was still home. It's a perfect oppurtunity to use Siri to do something as simple as sending a text message. I've asked Siri to "call my wife" and she knows which contact it is. So I said "send a text message to my wife", Siri says she doesn't have a contact who would I like to send the message to. Frustrated I say my wife's name, Siri updates the message with my wife's name in it I have no idea who it's sending the message. So I cancel and start over this time I speak slower but again it doesn't know who my wife is, after 4 attempts I just cancel it and walk to work. Something so simple turned into a frustrating mess and it's things like that which could make Siri so usefull but people get such a bad experience they don't use it again.
    Ricky I am not saying you but many people will have like wife for their wifes name or something like wifey right with ALL their contact info so either way if you have that and not their name then all you have to do is skip what you did and say......Send text message to wife or wifey. It will bring her up and ask you want you want to say. i do it all the time with friends if I don't wantto type or can't because I might be in the car.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3817  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I don't know too much about Chia seeds I use ground flaxseed in everything thought it has natural monounsaturated fats.
    It is but look up Cia seeds and i will tell you how to use them later...way higher then ground flax believe it or not. I use both but take the Chia seeds (tablespoon in a small container) to work and throw it in my greek yogurt I have every day.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3818  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Yoo Hoo Rellskie...forgot to tell ya I made my zesty homemade Mac n cheese last night!! Yum yum yum!! Saved you some if you didn't have lunch yet... Attachment 31892
    Need to come over to your house, I'll even help cook...lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    40,035 Global Posts

I need an LTE device.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3820  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    I jump whenever that alert goes off. It is something a really appreciate.
    I heard it more times today than ever before and it really throws you back when you are not expecting it but it damn sure works.
    BergerKing and wendybeee like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    40,035 Global Posts

I'm guessing Siri is just jealous of your wife. The app figures if it keeps telling you she doesn't exist maybe you will believe it and have you all to itself.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Need to come over to your house, I'll even help cook...lol
    This recipe is done in the crockpot, so you could make dessert or just keep me company til it's done!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    I'm guessing Siri is just jealous of your wife. The app figures if it keeps telling you she doesn't exist maybe you will believe it and have you all to itself.
    Ricky and Siri sittin in a tree...
    Bwhahahahaha
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    33,321 Global Posts

This is the best I've seen to date.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,113 Global Posts

Too cute, had to share:
    The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1370553030.350208.jpg