The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

OMGOSH I WANT THIS !!!!!!! Looks freakin AMAZING !! THANK YOU JAG :D

*close your eyes Rellskie and Ipheuria because if you look at this your oatmeal just aint gonna cut it*

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1369834032.475247.jpg

meal 2
1/2 cup cooked rolled oats with some honey.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everyone and I do mean everyone. In celebration of a Milestone night as well as the great job that Wendy and Elizabeth did, I promised the girls along with seashell a special treat so here is a breakfast treat for all of you along with your coffees.

Here is a great Breakfast Buffet along with assorted pastries. Enjoy!!

View attachment 31416View attachment 31417View attachment 31418View attachment 31419

Oh sooo yummy!! I wont have to eat for the rest of the day now!! Wonderful...thank you Jaguarr...delicious...:):)

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

If you had 50 million dollars

1. which living CEO would you pay to have lunch with?
2. which car would be the prized posession of your fleet?
3. where in the world would you go that you have always wanted to go?
4. how many smatphones would you own? which would be your daily?
5. what is the kindest gesture you would do with your money?

1. Hmmm.....I'm sure this might come to me later but right now the only CEO I know I wouldn't waste my lunch on....lol !

2. This is too funny but my dream car on my bucket list is and always has been an Audi....and those lights on it....well just know I am in <3 !
I almost divorced my hubby last year when he was supposed to lease me a Jetta or a Passat and instead he came home with the Toyota Camry which the leasing guy convinced him to buy out the lease because it was an amazing deal.....pfttttt....not a fan !

3. Now this is too funny also but Egypt for me too ! Right from when I was a little girl growing up in Toronto my mom used to take me to the museum and I was totally blown away with all the artifacts and the mummy's. Even when I went to Vegas I stayed at the Luxor just to get the feel for a 'touch' of Egypt. One day when there is not so much turmoil and its safer to go there I might just fulfil that dream :)

4. One of each just to see. My daily would either be the iphone or bb....that much I already know....the others I'm sure the kids would hound me for anyways...lol !

5. Well we have a really large family....and I mean REALLY large !! Right now the grandchildren and great-grandchildren count is around 70+....sooo...first and foremost a trust fund set up so that each of the children could be guaranteed a university or college education and be able to live without struggling because today's world seems so uncertain and so terribly expensive and I can only see this getting worse. After that I would like to go to the shelter for abused woman and children and help get them on their feet with a place to call their own. After that I'm not sure on such a short time to think about it, but I am an extremely giving person so no doubt the right people would benefit from me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

5. Well we have a really large family....and I mean REALLY large !! Right now the grandchildren and great-grandchildren count is around 70+....sooo...first and foremost a trust fund set up so that each of the children could be guaranteed a university or college education and be able to live without struggling because today's world seems so uncertain and so terribly expensive and I can only see this getting worse. After that I would like to go to the shelter for abused woman and children and help get them on their feet with a place to call their own. After that I'm not sure on such a short time to think about it, but I am an extremely giving person so no doubt the right people would benefit from me.

70+ :O wow that is awesome!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Its Very cool to see what people would do with 50 million.

Tapatalking using my iphone

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Good morning everyone and I do mean everyone. In celebration of a Milestone night as well as the great job that Wendy and Elizabeth did, I promised the girls along with seashell a special treat so here is a breakfast treat for all of you along with your coffees.

Here is a great Breakfast Buffet along with assorted pastries. Enjoy!!

View attachment 31416View attachment 31417View attachment 31418View attachment 31419

Woot! Thanks Jag...we girls appreciate the special treats!! ;)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

When did it become acceptable to blame someone else for your failures? When did taking responsibility for your actions become outdated? 16 year old kid in MO got her license last week and she died after rear ending a truck while texting. Comments on the article keep referring to the fact that there should be an app or a program that disables a phone while you're driving.

No. You should step up and be a parent and do what my parents did. Take away the phone. I started driving when I was 17. Granted my first phone looked like Zack Morris's phone from Saved By the Bell but my parents threatened me within an inch of my life if I used it while I was driving. Maybe it was because my dad was a cop and I grew up in the Corn Patch and he knew exactly what I did on the road before I got home, but I never tempted fate.

Even today I don't answer texts or check emails when I'm driving. I do wear a Bluetooth in my truck so if it rings, I can push the little button and answer it without ever taking my eyes off the road.

It's tragic this girl had to die but preventable.

For those of you with kids, how do you handle the texting and driving thing? Or texting during school hours?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

When did it become acceptable to blame someone else for your failures? When did taking responsibility for your actions become outdated? 16 year old kid in MO got her license last week and she died after rear ending a truck while texting. Comments on the article keep referring to the fact that there should be an app or a program that disables a phone while you're driving.

No. You should step up and be a parent and do what my parents did. Take away the phone. I started driving when I was 17. Granted my first phone looked like Zack Morris's phone from Saved By the Bell but my parents threatened me within an inch of my life if I used it while I was driving. Maybe it was because my dad was a cop and I grew up in the Corn Patch and he knew exactly what I did on the road before I got home, but I never tempted fate.

Even today I don't answer texts or check emails when I'm driving. I do wear a Bluetooth in my truck so if it rings, I can push the little button and answer it without ever taking my eyes off the road.

For those of you with kids, how do you handle the texting and driving thing? Or texting during school hours?

It's very unfortunate that this girl died but the fact about it all is this was preventable. Who and the heck thinks its a good idea to actually take your eyes off the road even for a split second to text someone? My mom always told me if you need to talk to someone and its that urgent, pull over to the side of the road and handle your business. Nothing anyone is texting me could possibly be that urgent that I would risk my own life to get. And as far as a app to disable the car is ridiculous. A app is not a substitute for common sense. Pull over on the side of the road or wait till you arrive your destination to text back. I've seen some grisly pictures of what happens when you take your eyes of the road and it ain't pretty.

Tapatalking using my iphone

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

My daughter is taking her driving test in a couple weeks...she knows not to text and puts her phone in the closed center console when she gets in the car. She takes my phone and tucks it in my purse when I'm the one driving...she makes sure friends don't text either.

Texting during school she does during study hall as its allowed.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

So true! The way I think about it is this before there were cell phones when a person was driving they couldn't be reached. So why is the information any more important now that it would have been then? So when I get into a car I never answer my phone not texts, calls, emails nothing. My wife used to text while she was driving and it would drive me INSANE! so one day I told her to stop, I asked her to think about all the people she loves, all things in life she loves and consider if she would be willing to trade all of that for a single text message? The message seem to get through to her but it just makes so much sense people get into accidents when it is hot outside, no rain, snow, or slippery conditions and without any distractions. So why would anyone think that texting while driving would make things better? I once saw a guy sitting at the light with a phone in his hands texting when he pulled off in the backseat was a kid in a car seat that to me was just way past stupid!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Eat until you are full ladies. You all deserve it and so does everyone else that contributes to this thread to make it successful. I love how this has taken off with it's own identity along with the great people here.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

On a related topic a friend and co-worker of my wife's got into an accident this past winter. A really bad one a car slipped on ice and four cars were involved in the accident. She was so badly hurt that she had countless operations and they say it will be years of therapy before she might ever think of being able to go back to doing any kind of job. The good part of the story was that she always put her cellphone in the center console before she started driving. Her father said the firemen told him that it was a good thing because in an accident even if you're not on it having it lying around the car it becomes a projectile. The other positive was that the insurance company told her that had she not been able to prove that the phone was put away she would have had to accept blame or would have had to prove that she hadn't been on the phone when the accident happened. Which may have had some bearing on her coverage of therapy, it just is not worth it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Eat until you are full ladies. You all deserve it and so does everyone else that contributes to this thread to make it successful. I love how this has taken off with it's own identity along with the great people here.

Gotta say thanks for starting it man it truely is one of my fav threads of all time. I have always loved the iMore forums but this thread just sort of makes me feel like I am getting to know all of you so much more and it's so cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2