- iMore Intermediate
- 102 Posts
Help with router issues!
All I want to do is in addition to my Verizon router set up a repeater downstairs using an old school linksys router I had laying around.why is it such a pain in the nuts. I'm not a computer expert but I usually don't have issues with these things usually. Every guide online over simplifies it or just doesn't work. Number one my IP address takes me to my Verizon router software which I hate but with the router connected via Ethernet it doesn't give me the option someone who has done this please a bit of help please.
- 03-31-2013, 04:32 PM #2
Re: Help with router issues!
You need to set up the linksys to obtain it's IP address from your verizon router... and not provide any DHCP services to devices that connect to it... find any info you can on how to set up the linksys device in bridge mode.
- By finn5975 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
- By billyeha66 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
- By Bosox20 in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 5Last Post: 10-13-2011, 05:06 AM
- By Smokeyspop in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
- By Hakala in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-30-2009, 04:11 AM