Is there a way for iTunes on your iPhone to see other mp3's on your phone?

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone4S and iPad, she does not use a computer anymore since the iPad came out. I am a Mac user, but my mobile devices are Android, so sometimes when she asks me for with her iOS devices I don't know the answer lol. Here's the issue, we both listen to very different music so we've never cared to share accounts. Now we have young children who are loving music and ask for certain songs that we have to share. So since I'm on android and she's on iOS I told her if she wanted a song for the kids that I would buy it on our shared amazon account so that we can both have it instantly on our phones for the road. On my android phone once I download the mp3 from the amazon app, my Google music app automatically adds it to my library of music, so I never have to go to amazon app to listen to something I bought and downloaded with the amazon app. On her iphone her itunes doesn't do this, is there a way? I know I can connect it to the computer and add the song to itunes that way, but I'm trying to avoid that hassle. She doesn't like that she has to go to itunes Music app to listen to her songs there and then have to switch to amazon app to play those purchased and downloaded songs, not streaming from the cloud, actually downloaded to the phone. She wants it all in one app like my Google Music does.

Thank you

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
First, there is no iTunes on the iPhone. You can access the iTunes store but iTunes is a PC/Mac application.

Third party apps cannot access the iPhone's music library. If your wife doesn't want the hassle you could be the one to go through the hassle. She could purchase songs on the iTunes store on her iPhone and set it to automatically download on your Mac. Then you could transfer the music from your Mac to your Android phone.

Otherwise she has to use the Amazon app. Or she could download music from Amazon on your Mac, have the songs automatically added to iTunes, and then move them to the iPhone that way.

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, for the reply. Yea I meant the default Music player on iphone when I said iTunes on iphone. I do know how to transfer music on the computer from either way, I was just trying to see if there was an easy way without the computer like there is on Android. Thanks again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2