Is Apple doing enough to innovate rather than litigate?

supratik

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Have a bad feeling that apple is busy spending more time in courts rathe than doing something new to iOS or advancing the iPhone frontier. What are your thoughts?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
They are working on big things for the future. iOS 7, the iPhone 5s and 6, new iPad and mini, new iPods, new Apple TV, new Macs. All these things are a certainty and there's sure to be some surprises.

Apple is just about the world's largest company and they have enough money and manpower to send lawyers to battle while keeping the tech people home to innovate. The lawsuits are a big part of tech these days, especially with companies outright copying their competitors. Look at the New BlackBerry 10 voice control, for instance. It's almost an identical copy of Siri. Even the conversation flow is nearly identical. Apple is protecting their property and innovation while others are stealing it. They have plenty of guys in suits to deal with this while the engineers and designers stay at home base and continue to innovate.

It's not like every single product can be a game changer. Having as many huge hits as Apple has had is downright amazing.

iPhone...revolutionary.
iPad...revolutionary.
iPod...revolutionary.
iTunes...revolutionary.
App Store...revolutionary.
MacBook Air...revolutionary.

Apple has long been cranking out products that change the game time and again. Just look at the time between the iPhone and iPad or between the iPod and iPhone. They are certainly working on big things, but remember that small iterations help lead to big things.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
this discussion surfaces every now an then and quickly turns to an ordure storm before the thread gets locked... time for $19.95 worth of popcorn and soft drink, and wait for it to degenerate...

I tried to avoid that with my extremely long comment on cyclical innovation. We'll see how it goes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Have a bad feeling that apple is busy spending more time in courts rathe than doing something new to iOS or advancing the iPhone frontier. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are...anyone that "has a bad feeling" about Apple's current state doesn't know anything about Apple's current state. To go along with that, anyone that is afraid Apple isn't innovating anymore obviously doesn't follow Apple's product lines. Apple is just fine...what's funny is that Apple probably spends more money on development of their products than most consumer electronics companies do, yet every so often we get someone who is "worried" about their dedication to development.

There's a website called Patently Apple which is a really cool resource to check and see what Apple's up to when it comes to new innovation. I'd suggest less time having these "bad feelings" and more time checking out what Apple is doing.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711