Cookies Question

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Now that I have had my IP address question answered (thank you by the way) I have another. Here's the situation. A friend of mine and myself are in a club for a rock band. They are selling tickets in pairs this Saturday to members first come first served. Unfortunately my buddy can not participate in the sale this Saturday. I offered to use his account from my house after I get mine (if I get mine).

I plan on using my home Internet which is fast and hopefully getting the two available for me. This wii give us a ticket for each of us. I then plan on switching to pdanet and using an Internet connection through my iPhone which will change my IP address visible to the website to try for his pair so we can also take our significant others. Now this is where my question comes. The website uses cookies and I can't log in unless I have cookies enabled. Will this website be able to tell from this that even though I am using two separate accounts with two separate ip addresses that because of the cookies I'm using the same computer? Any advice and answers I thank you in advance?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
After your first tickets are secured, clear the cookies, switch connections, and go for the second pair... theoretically, you shouldn't need to switch connections - just delete cookies...

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
After your first tickets are secured, clear the cookies, switch connections, and go for the second pair... theoretically, you shouldn't need to switch connections - just delete cookies...

Thanks for the response. I want to switch Internet connections just to make sure the website doesn't recognize my computer as being used for both transactions. If they find out I did this for him (even if I can get tickets at all) they could revoke the tickets and/or even my membership.

So it would be in your opinion if that I cleared my cookies and switched ISP my computer would be visible to that sight as two computers?

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I want to switch Internet connections just to make sure the website doesn't recognize my computer as being used for both transactions. If they find out I did this for him (even if I can get tickets at all) they could revoke the tickets and/or even my membership.

So it would be in your opinion if that I cleared my cookies and switched ISP my computer would be visible to that sight as two computers?

Bump. Just to make sure this would work?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro