AirPrint is nice

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if android has this feature but just bought a AirPrint all in one canon printer and this thing is so nice to use.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Is that where your printer is able to print things from your ios devices wirelessly? Id like that luxury as log as its not gonna put a huge hole in my pocket.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
For this cannon all in one for $89 nice printer and good reviews having that luxury is very nice don't print much but is nice to have that option to do it from my iOS device.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
You can set up AirPrint with about any printer. You just need to install Bonjour Print Services (you'll have to do it manually), that'll be on their site under support section and then downloads. Once that (and obviously Bonjour) are installed, add your printer to the Bonjour Print Services config thing. Now you should be able to print to any printer wirelessly using your computer as the host/proxy. I suppose the difference that makes a printer an "AirPrint" printer is the ability to go directly from device to printer, without the desktop as an intermediary? though, I think that most people that have a printer already have it added to their desktop (and want it there).

Since this is true of me, it's not of importance or necessity that it goes direct to the printer, and so this solution was perfectly fine for my use (and I suspect will be perfectly acceptable and transparent to about 90% of people).

Point: before going out and buying a brand new printer assuming your printer can't handle printing from iDevices, understand the implications. Unless you have a specific need or reason to cut out the computer and do direct device to printer printing.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
unless you have a expensive printer even all in ones for the normal person is not that expensive. I liked the ease of not installing anything else on any of my "i" devices to print once the printer was set up.

Kreplach

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am able to print from my iPad to an older wired printer after downloading an app to my Mac. It's called Printopia and it installs a preference pane. After that, you can easily print from your iPad with no problems. The only negatives are that the app costs $20 and your computer must be On when you want to print.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711