Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,586 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Exclamation When the cops subpoena your Facebook information, here's what Facebook sends them

old news i know but still disturbing. seriously considering deleting my Facebook

it's amazing what we give up once we agree to their terms! no i do not have something to hide but i shouldn't have to worry about my privacy either

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,228 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default When the cops subpoena your Facebook information, here's what Facebook sends them

Another reason I don't have or need a FB.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,207 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: When the cops subpoena your Facebook information, here's what Facebook sends them

As a LEO...keep in mind that this is what they CAN send the police, not what they DO send them. This is essentially an example of a 100% fulfilled request to law enforcement on a suspect, and most times a subpoena are very specific, regarding very specific people or events, and cut out most of the fat from this kind of evidence because, quite honestly, when you're doing an investigation, the object is to get through it fast and not spend a lot of time on useless or trivial info (to a case).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,730 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default When the cops subpoena your Facebook information, here's what Facebook sends them

I find it funny how people darn near incriminate themselves by posting all their business on Facebook. Like the guy in the article says they don't even have to set a trap, people are giving themselves away without the cops having to do anything.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell