Results 1 to 4 of 4
- Community Manager
- 398 Posts
Good News! Forum Avatar Support moving to Mobile Nations Passport
Some pretty sweet news for us today. Avatars are now supported by Mobile Nations Passport! This replaces the previous method of uploading your avatar via the forums. Now you can upload your avatar in one spot (your Passport account page) and it will show up on ALL Mobile Nations sites where you participate. It's one avatar to rule them all!
Some key things you should know:
- To access this new feature, simply click on the cogwheel at the top right hand corner of the site when logged in, and then click on 'Your Account'. Click your avatar, and ALL of your existing avatars are available in a gallery.
- If you have tied your account to single sign-ons (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, etc.), you'll also find these avatars in your gallery! + Gravatar too!
- From there, you can select a different avatar or even re-crop existing ones. If you don't like any of the avatars you have in your account, you can also upload a new avatar.
- We can accept avatars up to 500x500 pixels.
- If you had multiple avatars, we've picked one of your avatars to use as your new default avatar. It has been cropped to 100x100 pixels as well. If you had a larger avatar, it may be cropped! You can easily recrop or change the avatar under Your Account.
This is a cleaner, more robust system than we had before. Even if you only participate in one forum, you're going to want to give this a look.
We're also rolling out avatar integration into the blog comments as well (it's already supported on AndroidCentral, iMore and WPCentral), so do take a few moments to 'spiffy' up your avatar.
Note to Tapatalk users: You can continue to upload avatars via Tapatalk - they will get uploaded seamlessly to your passport profile page.
That's it for now folks, let me know what you think!
Last edited by James Falconer; 11-27-2012 at 07:15 PM.
- 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM #2
- 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM #3
- 11-27-2012, 10:47 PM #4
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum iMore.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:49 AM
- By racedog in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 12Last Post: 07-16-2009, 11:09 PM
- By moomen in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2008, 08:28 AM
- By NMprofessional in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 10-12-2007, 12:09 PM
- By glenada in forum iPhone 4Replies: 12Last Post: 07-12-2007, 04:27 PM