Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By IAmAuthority
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Bad experience at apple store

Hi,

I have been an Android user for a year and am now adding iOS in my pack. I placed an order for iPad 4th generation, 64GB and an iPad case on 23rd Nov midnight, after the Black Friday sale started on the Apple online store. I had selected '2 day delivery' shipping option and was charged $6 extra for that. The iPad left Apple warehouse on 24th. Hence I was expecting to get that delivered on 26th. But when I went to the order tracking link, it said 'estimated delivery' on 29th....!!

I spoke to an Apple expert via that chat option on Apple store and he told me that iPad doesn't have expedited delivery option; the 2 day delivery will apply only to the case. This is not true at all. I can see that iPad shipping indeed has expedited shipping option. Go to store.apple.com and try to buy an iPad; you'll get various shipping options. Moreover, when I was placing the order, nowhere was it mentioned that the shipping will be applied to only one item and not the other. Who does that...?? Then he told me that if you are not happy with the shipping, you can call sales department and get the extra shipping charges reversed. So, it's "my way or highway"...?

I did in fact call sales dept after that and got $6 reversed. But that's not the point. If I knew that the delivery is gonna take 5 days, I wouldn't have placed the order in the first place. This "my way or the highway" attitude that I dealt with today ruined my first Apple experience.

Sorry if this post is not appropriate for this forum. Since this is the only iOS forum I'm member of right now, shared my experience here.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Default Re: Bad experience at apple store

@bagarwa: I've had Apple products in the past, and still do. I've driven to my "local" Apple store(about 57 miles one way), but was never treated badly. The sales reps were courteous, and the people at the "genius bar" were very helpful. I wouldn't judge the total apple experience, by one or two disgruntled employees.
    I've been a member of this forum for a good while now, and although i've changed over from Apple to Android, i still count most of the contributors to this forum as my friends. Please keep an open mind, and don't let this one bad experience influence your judgement in the future. Good luck.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

I've never had a single issue at an Apple store. As Grunt said, don't let one bad experience ruin it for you. Apple usually is more than willing to take care of it's customers. I would write an email to the manager, or district rep to see if there's anything they can do to make it right with you. After it's all said and done, I'm sure they'll do anything to keep you as a customer!
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Thanks guys. even I had heard that apple is known for its top of the class customer care. But the first taste of it that I got was bitter. The guy was lying his a$$ off. First he said -

"yea, the package will take 2 days to reach you, after it leaves our warehouse which might take 2 days initially. So, total 4-5 days"

When I told him it is already in transit and NOW it is saying 5 days, then he said -

"2 days is the expected time. But other conditions and number of packages in that area might delay it further"

Then I gave him my order number to check whether 2-day delivery was even applied to it. He checked and then said -

"Oh, you purchased iPad. We don't provide expedited delivery on iPad. That is applied only to the protector case, which will be shipped separately"

When I told him, no, I can still see that if you buy a new iPad, the checkout page is giving me options to choose shipping method, he said -

"Well, when you selected the case, the shipping method got applied only to that case and not the iPad"

wtf...!! When you buy an item, do you have to chose shipping method for each of the items separately? What am I, five? Who was he trying to fool?

At last he said, finding nothing else to lie about, "if you think you were mislead, you can call sales department and claim a refund of the shipping charge and convert the case shipping to standard".

Why do Apple find it sooooo difficult to admit their mistake when they screw up something...?? When they had the antenna issue with iPhone 4 (or was it 4S?), "Oh, you are holding it wrong". Squarely blaming the customers for things they screw up.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

As I stated before, I would ago ahead and email Apple regarding your experience. I would suggest being cordial and requesting someone contact you regarding your troubles. From what I've read and dealt with, Apple will contact you to get more information on your problem. You don't have to be rude (not that you're), I'm just saying convey to them the trouble you experienced.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
    grunt0300 likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I had left a msg in Apple Inc's facebook page last night, but no response so far. Where can I get an email id to write to? I went to the support page but all the links were directing me to faq pages and numbers. Didn't find any email id. Could someone share if you have it?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

lol @ expectations of 2 day expedited shipping over a holiday weekend (or any weekend for that matter).

I didn't read through your dialogue with the CSR so i wont speak on that...but your shipping situation was pretty humorous, no offense.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    kch50428 likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    lol @ expectations of 2 day expedited shipping over a holiday weekend (or any weekend for that matter).

I didn't read through your dialogue with the CSR so i wont speak on that...but your shipping situation was pretty humorous, no offense.
    Well, if they could not deliver in 2 days, they should not offer to deliver it in 2 days and then charge extra for it. Not just 'delivers in 2 days', the text says 'Guaranteed delivery in 2 days'.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by bagarwa View Post
    Well, if they could not deliver in 2 days, they should not offer to deliver it in 2 days and then charge extra for it. Not just 'delivers in 2 days', the text says 'Guaranteed delivery in 2 days'.
    There's not a shipping charge system on the planet when it comes to online retailers that omits 2 day delivery because of the weekend...you have to use your noggin to figure that one out bud, lol. Have you ordered much online before? I find it hard to believe someone would be shocked by this...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    There's not a shipping charge system on the planet when it comes to online retailers that omits 2 day delivery because of the weekend...you have to use your noggin to figure that one out bud, lol. Have you ordered much online before? I find it hard to believe someone would be shocked by this...
    Dude, the apple care representative himself had said if the item has shipped on 24th, it'd reach you by 27th, 'coz 25 is a Sunday. So, I was going by what he said and asking him why the hell was I getting it delivered on 29th...? Did you even read my post before commenting here? You haven't even read the whole post and started being offensive.

FYI, yes I've order online on numerous occasions. And when the store says 'guaranteed delivery in 2 days', I expect it to be delivered in 2 days, not five days.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

"coz"? Yikes.

You know...you go right ahead and be angry about it, I'll stop being so "offensive", lmfao. Bit of free advice, just because you think it's fair and right doesn't mean it's going to happen...i EXPECT people to be intelligent 100% of the time, unfortunately it doesn't happen. Have an un-offensive day.
    kch50428 likes this.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Yea, you are the only intelligent person left alive in the world. So, stay on your high-horse and troll somewhere else. Thank You.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Strong words from such a new fish...you know what's funny? Apple's customer support is known for it's consistent "customer first" attitude, even when the customer is being a complete dolt. I cannot imagine what kind of person it would take to make an Apple support rep respond the way you claim this one did...

At any rate...I'm looking forward to your future posts, they are entertaining.
    kch50428 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,720 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

In store pick up is way to go

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Do u guys know an email for apple that I can use to email the about a horrible experience I had with a rep. I requested to file a complaint but doubt it was done. I would like to email them formally but I can't seem to find one. Do you all know the proper email I would use for this please? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Verizon Black & Slate iPhone 5 64GB using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by anygivensunday View Post
    Do u guys know an email for apple that I can use to email the about a horrible experience I had with a rep. I requested to file a complaint but doubt it was done. I would like to email them formally but I can't seem to find one. Do you all know the proper email I would use for this please? Thanks in advance.

I would say it would be responded to quicker if u emailed the manager of that apple store. If u sent it Apple directly, chances are it would fall on deaf ears or in a junk box that isn't monitored
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It wasn't a store it was their call center people.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell