Nostalgia

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was feeling really nostalgic this week so I started watching a whole bunch of Tech videos on YouTube. I watched the Pirates of Silicon Valley documentary, D5 with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, and finally the original iPhone keynote. It is amazing how things have changed in just 5 years. I felt like I was just looking at something so different from the iPhone I have sitting on my desk and in such a short time. I also found it amusing how little has changed on the iPhone at the same time and that was the majorly cool part.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is insane how much tech has improved in this last decade (even in the last few years really). I found my old Palm Treo the other day and charged it up (it had been in a box for god knows how many years), and i remember when i got that phone (must have been like 2006 or something) i thought it was the pinnacle of technology, and i couldn't imagine what phones would add next...and now, it seems like the worst thing ever made compared to my iPhone. It has windows mobile on it and i felt like i was literally going ed with how slow it was performing, and i think that's how it always performed! Thank god for tech advancement...

To be honest though, as far as the iPhone changing...my friend has a gen 1 that he uses as an iPod, and that thing compared to the new ones is like night and day. Sure there are some similar things cosmetically and function wise, but it was so slow and the screen just looked so old and dated. I'd say personally that the iPhone has evolved quite a bit since 2007.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry what I meant by the iPhone not changing is when you watch the 2007 keynote and Steve demos things like Visual Voicemail, or Merging calls and then you can put them on hold and take one person private I'm like damn those were in the first gen? It's things that I thought had been implimented over the years and to see that it had existed then made me file like while the iPhone definitely changed it still has stayed the same. I know that makes no sense whatsoever LOL

I'm with you on the whole advancement of Tech it is insane! I work with computers daily and so I see the advancement and it is just insane but I love it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro