Favorite music, favorite artist(s), favorite song(s)

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Update from me....
Artists= Luminate and Capital kings
Song= High and Broken; from a video game
Genre= contemporary Christian music and some other songs I liked over the years.

Keep posting to the thread everyone!!!
Thanks!

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My Favorite Genre are : Hip-Hop & R&B , but I don't mind listening to other types of music ... However , I can NOT listen to Lil Wayne , Drake & Nicki Minaj I just can't
My Favorite artists are : Ice Cube & LL Cool J .
My Favorite songs : I can't narrow my Favorite Ice Cube & LL Cool J songs ... waaay tooo many of them ! , My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow & Shining down by Lupe Fiasco .

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Being in my early forties, I was in my teens during the 80s and my favourite music pretty much all comes from that era. I have two particular favourite bands:

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - these guys came from out of nowhere in 1984, made some epic singles and then sadly split in 1986/87
Depeche Mode - my all-time biggest musical obsession ... these guys are to me what Elvis was to my parents generation. Still making records and I'm off to the O2 in May to see them live for the 11th time

Favourite song: Would have to be either 'Enjoy the Silence' by Depeche Mode or 'Two Tribes' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Neither song needed any time to 'grow' on me - I loved both the first time I heard them and that love persists to this day

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Good call Adnams. 'Waiting For The Night' is my fave Depeche Mode track. Great video for'Two Tribes' too. Reagan and Gorbachev fighting. I'm not sure that FGTH made the jump over the pond musically in the time they were around so can I infer that you are a Brit too?

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Good call Adnams. 'Waiting For The Night' is my fave Depeche Mode track. Great video for'Two Tribes' too. Reagan and Gorbachev fighting. I'm not sure that FGTH made the jump over the pond musically in the time they were around so can I infer that you are a Brit too?

I am indeed a Brit - not sure there are actually many of us on this forum!

FGTH at Wembley Arena in 1986 was the first live gig I ever went to - absolutely blew me away and the decision to see DM at the same venue a year later was a no-brainer.

Waiting for the Night was epic when DM did it on the World Violation tour - an almost spiritual experience. One where the entire crowd had their lighters out ... wouldn't be allowed now with the smoking ban and all the fire safety regs in the UK ...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am indeed a Brit - not sure there are actually many of us on this forum!

FGTH at Wembley Arena in 1986 was the first live gig I ever went to - absolutely blew me away and the decision to see DM at the same venue a year later was a no-brainer.

Waiting for the Night was epic when DM did it on the World Violation tour - an almost spiritual experience. One where the entire crowd had their lighters out ... wouldn't be allowed now with the smoking ban and all the fire safety regs in the UK ...

True, there can't be many of us. I saw the Violator tour at Wembley in 1990, which must have been the same gig you went to. I can't remember how many nights there did there, to be honest, i'm old and forgetful now. Astonishingly good concert though. My first concert was the same year as you, Beastie Boys at the Brighton Centre in 1986.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
True, there can't be many of us. I saw the Violator tour at Wembley in 1990, which must have been the same gig you went to. I can't remember how many nights there did there, to be honest, i'm old and forgetful now. Astonishingly good concert though. My first concert was the same year as you, Beastie Boys at the Brighton Centre in 1986.

They did at least two shows at Wembley on the Violator tour as I went to a pair of them - I was 21, impulsive and wasn't paying stuff like pensions or mortgages! First one we were along the sides of the Arena, but the second was in the standing area on the main floor and roughly ten foot from the stage, which was just amazing.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
80's music would be my favorite except for anything from Barry Manilow or Michael Bolton. ;)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Sn1p3rOG

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy all types of music except Techno and Country. It can be anything from Godsmack to Pink Floyd to Steve Miller Band to NWA to Toto.

Most listened to artists: Godsmack, Mudvayne, Eminem, AC/DC and The Beastie Boys

Ruby_Mittal

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Favorite music - romantic
Favorite artist - sherya ghoshal
Favorite song - aashiqui 2 -hum tere bin ab rah nahi sakte tere bina kya vazood mera
That song really heartouchable.its lyrics are best ever.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Good Lord I'm out of touch with music. I don't know who half the bands or singers are in this thread.

​I hate music that is considered country today. It's all the same bubble gum sugary pop Taylor Swift songs singing about being dumped blah blah blah.

I love classical music. Opera. Instrumental.

Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling, 2 Cellos, Renee Fleming, David Garrett, The High Kings, Rockapella, Celtic Woman, movie scores, older country music from the 90s. I love Prime Country on Sirius/XM.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
favorite Genre is traditional Country, Bluegrass and Folk music.

favorite artists, too many to name but some are Willie Nelson, Doc Watson, Patty Loveless, Suzy Bogguss, Alison Krauss, Emmylou Harris, Tom T. Hall, Waylon Jennings, Jean Ritchie, Jimmy Martin, etc

Favorite songs, again too many to name but some are, The L&N Don't Stop Here Anymore, Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, The Year Clayton Delaney Died, Night Riders Lament, Streets of Loredo, etc

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I love Ariana Grande I can't wait for her new album coming out in September!!! And Selena Gomez with all her albums!! And imagine dragons they have such inspiring music!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Sir Elton John, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band, Camila, Ray Lamontague, Journey, Styx, Reyli Barba, Carlos Santana and a host of others. Latin pop, Rock and Roll and a crazy mix of others.

Sent from my sweet southern soulful Iphone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711