Apple's New Devices

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple introduced the New iPad in March of this year. It introduced the iPhone 5 a little over a month ago and now it has introduced the 4th generation iPad as well as the iPad mini (I'm excluding the MacBook devices). Being that the iPhone 5 has just been released and people are still waiting to receive it, how will the onslaught of these device so close together affect sales? How will the sale of the iPad mini affect the sale of the New iPad and the 4th generation iPad? Will consumers opt to just pick one device and forgo the others? What do you think?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I took time out to watch the keynote this morning, and my thoughts as the iPad mini was being presented was, this thing does everything but make phone calls. With that being said, the new Samsung Note 2 is on the verge of being released as well. My reasoning for mentioning that is if someone was looking for a more portable iDevice tablet, the iPad mini is it, and to conserve (data) costs, he or she would stick to using a basic cell phone but still have an iDevice that functions just as close as having an iPhone. So if they were on the verge of wanting a phablet, they may surpass something like the Note2, and go with the ipad mini in this case.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Unquestionably an attempt to differ people from the Note II...

- - - Updated - - -

Unquestionably an attempt to differ people from the Note II...

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it's an exciting time for consumers in general, since there are so many new smartphones and tablets available now.

I'm sure a lot of folks will get some cool new gadgets for the Holidays.

More choices are always better for consumers. It's great to see Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, and all the rest releasing a bunch of new goodies. I wouldn't be disappointed to get anything new.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what Apples motive was for putting out the 4'th Generation iPad iPad and taking the iPad 3 away, but I know it will drop the resale value for those who bought the iPad 3 only 7 months ago, which is why I sold mine already while I can still make a good amount off of it. I think they did it as an in your face kinda thing to Microsoft, but who knows really.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what Apples motive was for putting out the 4'th Generation iPad iPad and taking the iPad 3 away, but I know it will drop the resale value for those who bought the iPad 3 only 7 months ago, which is why I sold mine already while I can still make a good amount off of it. I think they did it as an in your face kinda thing to Microsoft, but who knows really.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Rosie, what happened to your Eagles?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro