Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Default RE: Crackberry refugees?

Another big issue for RIM is money. It cannot throw money at developers, since it does not have a lot of money. $2 billion is nothing compared to what Apple, Google and Microsoft have.

Apple and Google will remain successful. Microsoft will keep pumping money into Windows Phone like it did with Xbox.

I predict the 3 platforms will be iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

The "rule of three" typically does apply in most markets, and I do not see why it wouldn't apply in the smartphone platform market.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Laura Knotek
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,229 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default Crackberry refugees?

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Another big issue for RIM is money. It cannot throw money at developers, since it does not have a lot of money. $2 billion is nothing compared to what Apple, Google and Microsoft have.

Apple and Google will remain successful. Microsoft will keep pumping money into Windows Phone like it did with Xbox.

The "rule of three" typically does apply in most markets, and I do not see why it wouldn't apply in the smartphone platform market.
    Very well put. I do agree with the with u in the rule of three.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Default Re: Crackberry refugees?

But...but...they have 80 million subscribers!

That seems to be the only argument CB users know besides calling us iSheep and poking fun at our iToys while playing Crappy Birds.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura View Post

That seems to be the only argument CB users know besides calling us iSheep and poking fun at our iToys while playing Crappy Birds.
    That's true. The sad thing is that I have friends who have iPhones and they don't use any games at all. They switched from Blackberry to iPhone for productivity apps they need for their jobs that aren't offered for Blackberry. These people are not using their iPhones as toys at all. The Crackberry posters wouldn't understand, though. Angry Birds and Netflix seems to be the only thing they believe iOS/Android/WP users do.
    Laura Knotek
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    13,069 Global Posts

So this is where you've been hiding!

That's true. The sad thing is that I have friends who have iPhones and they don't use any games at all. They switched from Blackberry to iPhone for productivity apps they need for their jobs that aren't offered for Blackberry. These people are not using their iPhones as toys at all. The Crackberry posters wouldn't understand, though. Angry Birds and Netflix seems to be the only thing they believe iOS/Android/WP users do.
    Now now, I liked you better when you were a true believer. Na, just kidding!

Anyone saying that iPhones are toys clearly doesn't understand what smartphones are about. It's just the security thing that has to be sorted. On that, all platforms are behind BlackBerry and Windows.

Not all of us are like that.

Fact is you get fanboyism on every single platform. And it will suck on every single platform.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    So this is where you've been hiding!
    Actually, I come here, since I like a lot of the Lounge threads and remember people who used to be active on CB when I first joined.

I'm probably most active on wpcentral, since that is the forum for the device I currently use.

Now now, I liked you better when you were a true believer. Na, just kidding!
    I know.

Anyone saying that iPhones are toys clearly doesn't understand what smartphones are about. It's just the security thing that has to be sorted. On that, all platforms are behind BlackBerry and Windows.

Not all of us are like that.

Fact is you get fanboyism on every single platform. And it will suck on every single platform.
    I used to think the worst fanboys/fangirls were Linux users, since I run Linux in addition to Windows and am active on Linux forums. However, not even the Linux forum members hate Windows or OS X as much as the rabid fanboys/fangirls on CB hate anything other than RIM products.
    Laura Knotek
    grunt0300 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    13,069 Global Posts

I used to think the worst fanboys/fangirls were Linux users, since I run Linux in addition to Windows and am active on Linux forums. However, not even the Linux forum members hate Windows or OS X as much as the rabid fanboys/fangirls on CB hate anything other than RIM products.
    Same can be said about Android vs iOS, iOS vs BlackBerry... I am just not familiar with WP8 users. But thanks to Passport, I hope I get to know some!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,569 Global Posts

The first iPhone I got was company issued. The company switched to iPhone because Blackberry couldn't handle email attachments bigger than 3MB IIRC, and we had to be able to handle up to 10MB. I don't know if it's any better now, but it doesn't look like we're going back.
    There are some people who for some strange reason, that if they're on a diet, they don't want you to eat a cupcake. If you do eat a cupcake, all they want to do is tell you that it tastes bad.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    The first iPhone I got was company issued. The company switched to iPhone because Blackberry couldn't handle email attachments bigger than 3MB IIRC, and we had to be able to handle up to 10MB. I don't know if it's any better now, but it doesn't look like we're going back.
    The limit is up to 8MB, but that still wouldn't work for your company.
    Laura Knotek
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

That's one of the reasons I gave up my Storm. The coding apps I needed were on iOS or Android only and the look it up in a book way of doing it was a PIMA to use.

I do play Angry Birds. I do watch Netflix at the gym and at home occasionally but the main reason I switched was because of the apps.

iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Damn! I forgot my Crackberry log-in information. Anyone know if there's a way to recover the account if you don't have the email address you signed up with?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

PM Pkcable. He posts here as well as CB and he's a mod on CB and can probably help.

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

That's one of the reasons I gave up my Storm. The coding apps I needed were on iOS or Android only and the look it up in a book way of doing it was a PIMA to use.

I do play Angry Birds. I do watch Netflix at the gym and at home occasionally but the main reason I switched was because of the apps.
    I tried Angry Birds just to see what it was but just didn't get into it. I do watch Netflix occasionally.

However, the main reasons I switched were: need for other apps, tired of spinning black clock/battery pulls/looking for hybrids to attempt to improve performance, need for better browser, tired of truncated e-mails.
    Laura Knotek
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts

Same thing for me. I was a member of CB for years and it got so bad that I just lurked and looked for cool wallpapers or themes. I was always afraid to post a question since I usually got yelled at for not searching first. I gave up! Went from a BB to a Droid to now an iPhone 4s. iMore seems to be a more reasonable place so I hope to get over my fear of posting. :-)
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Janey_G View Post
    Same thing for me. I was a member of CB for years and it got so bad that I just lurked and looked for cool wallpapers or themes. I was always afraid to post a question since I usually got yelled at for not searching first. I gave up! Went from a BB to a Droid to now an iPhone 4s. iMore seems to be a more reasonable place so I hope to get over my fear of posting. :-)
    I'm sorry that you got yelled at for not searching first. Granted, searching is good in many cases, since there might already be threads with similar topics; however, the forum search is not all that intuitive. I've had better luck using Google search than the actual forum search. So I would not yell at someone, since he/she might have even tried searching and had no luck.

People here on iMore have not yelled at me at all! So far, everyone has been nice and friendly.

There are some cool iPhone wallpapers on iMore. Have you checked them out?
    Laura Knotek
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

PM Pkcable. He posts here as well as CB and he's a mod on CB and can probably help.
    I haven't seen that screen name in sooo long! Haha sounds very familiar; I'll have to track him down.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    13,069 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAuthority View Post
    I haven't seen that screen name in sooo long! Haha sounds very familiar; I'll have to track him down.
    Allow me to help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/pkcable-444175/

He's one of our best mods, that's for sure.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,777 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    Allow me to help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/pkcable-444175/

He's one of our best mods, that's for sure.
    Agreed, PK is awesome!

Hey, did anyone see Crackberry Kevin's post in that rather undesirable thread over on Crackberry a few days ago? Sounds like they're actively working on some cross forum community stuff. This is pretty exciting, I'd love to be able to interact with users from all the Mobile Nations sites in one central location! That way the "fanboy" (for lack of a better term) type people can stay in their device specific forums, while people who like to discuss all the platforms can get together in centralized place. Oh the possibilities!!
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

The cross platform forum sounds great to me. I'd love to keep up with latest mobile technology and have discussions with reasonable people open to various viewpoints.
    Laura Knotek
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,952 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Agreed, PK is awesome!

Hey, did anyone see Crackberry Kevin's post in that rather undesirable thread over on Crackberry a few days ago? Sounds like they're actively working on some cross forum community stuff. This is pretty exciting, I'd love to be able to interact with users from all the Mobile Nations sites in one central location! That way the "fanboy" (for lack of a better term) type people can stay in their device specific forums, while people who like to discuss all the platforms can get together in centralized place. Oh the possibilities!!
    Oh, thaaat thread lol

Kevin's got a good idea there. Would love to interact with other open minded people where things can be discussed and one can agree to disagree without things turning into a word twisting passive aggressive war of words.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    Oh, thaaat thread lol

Kevin's got a good idea there. Would love to interact with other open minded propos where things can be discussed and one can agree to disagree without things turning into a word twisting passive aggressive war of words.
    I got caught up in that thread too.

I'm taking a long hiatus from CB as a result of the poster who started that thread.

No, I wasn't warned or banned. I just don't need that kind of stress.
    Laura Knotek
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,952 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I got caught up in that thread too.

I'm taking a long hiatus from CB as a result of the poster who started that thread.

No, I wasn't warned or banned. I just don't need that kind of stress.
    We all got a little caught up in that one. The OP has a way of being...inflammatory.

Don't let a few bad apples (or would that be berries?) spoil it for you
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    We all got a little caught up in that one. The OP has a way of being...inflammatory.

Don't let a few bad apples (or would that be berries?) spoil it for you
    I have a feeling he will wear out his welcome, due to his passive/aggressive baiting.

I'll be back on CB once that happens.
    Laura Knotek
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Crackberry refugees?

I've had every platform out there..blackberry, windows, android, webos, Symbian, and even the sidekick. I loved them all but really getting attached to my iPhone. I'm not sure if I'm going to eventually get the 5 but I'm enjoying the 4 enough to stick with iOS for a while.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    30,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I've had every platform out there..blackberry, windows, android, webos, Symbian, and even the sidekick. I loved them all but really getting attached to my iPhone. I'm not sure if I'm going to eventually get the 5 but I'm enjoying the 4 enough to stick with iOS for a while.
    Cool! You've certainly had practice with all the platforms.

I'm glad to hear the iPhone 4 is working well for you.

Laura Knotek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12