Am I Not Alone?

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So in our house we have a windows XP laptop, Windows 8 PC, original Kindle Fire & 2 iPhone 4s's. Ever since I got a smartphone (first a Droid X than a 4s) I find myself hardly ever using a PC/Laptop at home. The only time I use my PC/Laptop is to do banking and occasional web browsing. It pretty much is just collecting dust.

Is this the same for a lot of people?

Also, the Kindle Fire is my daughters and I borrow it at night to browse the internet, watch movies, read or play games, mostly when nothing is on TV. I find it does all of these things quite well. Am I barley scratching the surface with what a tablet can really do?

I am thinking of getting myself a 7" Kindle HD vs. an iPad mini solely on cost (assuming the mini will be $300) but don't want to miss out on something that the iPad mini will do that the Kindle won't. Again, the primary use would be movies, books, browser and games.

Thanks for the comments.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I use my PC for content creation (PhotoShop, Office).

My smartphone is mainly used for content consumption.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

KTJx2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I use my laptop a lot. But that's mostly for working on my websites, which I can't do from my phone, so other then that I would barely use my laptop. I pretty much only use it for video editing/uploading and website editing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We have an iPad 2...it gets used but i still primarily use my Macbook Pro for pretty much everything but checking scores on ESPN and the occasional web search. The iPad is useful for convenience, but hasn't come close to replacing my MBP.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My Windows 8 desktop PC is where I do most of my browsing and work related stuff. I use to game on it as well, but have since moved primarily to an Xbox 360 and PS3 for that. My BlackBerry (and at times iPod touch) handles most of my social media, email and instant messaging. The iPad is used a bit as a jack of all trades when I don't want to be sitting at my desk...I do everything from reading, to playing games, to watching TV shows or movies on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2