Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general. Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
    We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz
    There is something in my i..
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

I'm sitting here cracking up because I've so been there!

I will say this, if you're with AT&T, no need to wait till 9th November. If your visit an AT&T shop this week, they WILL process an order early for you! They typically do it if it is within 45 days. Yep, I've been there, too! Only at an authorize shop NOT an AT&T dealer...

Keep us posted...

As a matter of fact I believe most carriers will upgrade earlier within X days of your contract date.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

welcome back and good luck to you both with your iPhone 5 I have a 4S & have considered making a jump to the sgs3 myself, but as each day goes on, and the more "research" I do, it seems the sgs3 isn't going to be a device to 100% of my liking, but that's me. I've come to the conclusion that I thoroughly enjoy iOS and how it works for me, and will be sticking with it (my 4S) indeed myself. 
    Last edited by Pink; 10-11-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iEd and Eric808 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1 Beta 2

Default Coming back!!

Welcome back. Pink don't leave!!! Lol
     Gold iPhone 5S 64 GB VZW on iOS 7.0.2  iPad 3rd Gen Black 16GB  Black MacBook 13" 2008  20" iMac Late 2007  Apple TV 2  2009 13' MacBook Pro

Global Posts
    19,500 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billybaldin View Post
    Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general.
    The Droid Incredible that i owned was downright awesome. I had the original one and, despite its build quality, I didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. i grudgingly got rid of it because i wanted a larger screen and end up getting an EVO 4G. I enjoyed it, too, but not more than im enjoying my iPhone 4S.
    Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
    We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz
    I understand and as the others have stated, welcome back...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Coming back!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmt316 View Post
    Welcome back. Pink don't leave!!! Lol
    lol, i havent gone anywhere and i won't be but thanks
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

I have to admit I kind of thought about an SG3. I've never had an Android phone. I kept reading stories like yours though, where people switched to Android, regretted it, and then ended up coming back so that kind of helped get me through it. I think I was just getting impatient waiting for the 5 to come out.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Default Coming back!!

I did the same thing. Went from an iPhone 4 to an SGII and absolutely hated the thing. Went back to iPhone and sold the POS to Gazelle for $149.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

They always come back...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Default Coming back!!

Welcome back enjoy your iPhone 5 when you get it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Once in a blue moon I get an urge to try a SG3 or Nexus, but I'm pretty vested in the Apple ecosystem. Add to that the fact that all my Apple devices (MacBook, iPad, iPhones 3GS, 4S, and now i5) have been rock steady, and the urge passes.

Then I read threads like this and it totally silences any random thoughts of defecting.

I'll admit it: I'm an iLifer
    iPhone: there is no substitute. Apples: MacBook '09 | 8GB iPod Nano 4th gen | iPhone 5: black/slate 32GB, AT&T: Sleek, Sexy, Stealth
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome back to iPhone. I'll never leave again. I went from Original iPhone>3GS> (left AT&T went to Sprint, didn't offer iPhone yet) Blackberry Tour(terrible)>EVO 3D(Yuck)>iPhone 4S( love it) next will be whatever comes after the iPhone 5.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I almost got a S3 yesterday, dropped verizon for sprint, I had the 4s. I went to the sprint store and jokingly asked if he had a iPhone 5 and sure nuff he did, I'm very happy with my iPhone 5, nothin compares. #teamiphone5
    iEd likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.1.1 / 6

Default Coming back!!

So the kids get the SG3's? Poor kids lol
    Check out my band DreadCircus - http://www.jadestarr.com.au
    iPhone 5 64GB / iPad mini 16GB / iPad 2 64GB / Apple TV / MacBook Pro
    Team Jailbreak!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Coming back!!

Welcome back..... Try not to stray in the future guys
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I left the iphone 4s for the galaxy s 3. I miss the iphone. They iphone camera is amazing!!! I dont think the galaxy s 3 camera is as good as the iphone.

Is it me or is it a bad idea to add a line for an iphone?? No one will be using the extra line but me. I dont have an upgrade until next october.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Nanite

Default Coming back!!

I supported my wife t go from iPhone 3GS to the Samsung S3 as I thought I was helping her. No doubt a great phone but now I'm rolling with the iPhone 5...to day she is jealous would be an understatement!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fridayxiii View Post
    Once in a blue moon I get an urge to try a SG3 or Nexus, but I'm pretty vested in the Apple ecosystem. Add to that the fact that all my Apple devices (MacBook, iPad, iPhones 3GS, 4S, and now i5) have been rock steady, and the urge passes.

Then I read threads like this and it totally silences any random thoughts of defecting.

I'll admit it: I'm an iLifer
    Same here except the opposite; I'm vested into the Google ecosystem and love Android and Linux to death. However I still own a Retina MacBook Pro and am receiving an iPhone 5 tomorrow (to go with my custom built Windows/Ubuntu desktop and Galaxy Nexus) so I can get the best of both worlds and swap between devices as I please.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Coming back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmead23 View Post
    I supported my wife t go from iPhone 3GS to the Samsung S3 as I thought I was helping her. No doubt a great phone but now I'm rolling with the iPhone 5...to day she is jealous would be an understatement!
    I'm glad my wife could care less about her phone she hates droids she tried them but battery life made her return it and got a iPhone 4 ... She is content with the 4 and says she don't even want to upgrade yet .. Her upgrade is due pretty soon but we will see
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default Coming back!!

@Jerome06. I did the same thing. Sprint had one IP5 64gb available just by chance so I pulled the trigger. No preorder and no waiting, just pure luck. I'm happy with my new phone.
    iPhone Beginner

Same here. Been using iPhone... went to S3.. used my bf's upgrade to get the iPhone 5. Teehee!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

Had the sg3 just to try it. Loved it and it is a great phone. Just can't stand my phone being outdated within a week and wondering about OS updates. I definitely prefer the yearly refresh and how Apple handles the iOS updates. Also, the build of the iphone is unrivaled by android so far. Still, choice is great.
    Thanked by:
    MrszBerry (10-11-2012)
    MrszBerry likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    They always come back...
    Not always, just ask Grunt who is now looking into the GS3.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

I left my 4S for the Galaxy Nexus and eventually the S3. The Nexus I owned had horrific battery life, the camera was very subpar, and I hated the amoled screen. The S3 was a much more polished device in my opinion but once again, I couldn't get past the amoled screen. Of couse that is purely personal preference, but I have such a hard time when others go on and on about how great the screen is on the S3 (not size, but clarity and colors). I think the amoled screen is naturally dark, yellowish or blueish, with over-saturated colors. Just me. I think the 5 has the most beautiful display offered. The ONLY reason I would leave again for an android phone is I found the two I owned had much, much better data signal reception in fringe areas than my iphone does. I get the Verizon circle of death a lot.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

Quote Originally Posted by finn5975 View Post
    I left my 4S for the Galaxy Nexus and eventually the S3. The Nexus I owned had horrific battery life, the camera was very subpar, and I hated the amoled screen. The S3 was a much more polished device in my opinion but once again, I couldn't get past the amoled screen. Of couse that is purely personal preference, but I have such a hard time when others go on and on about how great the screen is on the S3 (not size, but clarity and colors). I think the amoled screen is naturally dark, yellowish or blueish, with over-saturated colors. Just me. I think the 5 has the most beautiful display offered. The ONLY reason I would leave again for an android phone is I found the two I owned had much, much better data signal reception in fringe areas than my iphone does. I get the Verizon circle of death a lot.
    I agree. Every time I see a Samsung phone with the Samoled HD screen, they look blue. Not as in cooler color temp, but blue as in they push blue badly. That and I can't stand the over saturated colours and PenTile displays.
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast