Coming back!!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am a recovering phone purchase junkie ... I got the iPhone 5 on release day, sold it and went to the Galaxy S3, returned that one and went with the LG Optimus G, returned it for the Nokia Lumia 920, and recently returned to the iPhone 5, aside from the poor CSR's at the at&t store that had to see me on a regular basis I can say this, while my only major gripe with the iPhone 5 is the screen size I did realize that it is much easier to type on with one hand, I also learned that as far as just working and having flexibility the iOS platform is simply the best out there for my needs. Sure it's its closed and the interface is becoming dated, but in the end it just works and works well. The battery life is better than any of the above mentioned devices, and I have found that I don't have to disable features or dim the screen to make it through the day. I am going to beat this addiction and stick with the iPhone 5, it just works!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know what people did not like about the SGS3 besides the oversaturated screen? What was it that made you dump the S3 and come back to the iPhone?

For me it was the speaker not being loud enough, and some stability issues, not many but I found myself having to reboot the phone once a week to bring her back up to speed.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well after using the galaxy S3 for a total of about 2 weeks I gave up. Android is nice and all but the customization got boring. I totally regretted selling my black iPhone 5 32gb that I bought since launch day for this phone. Jellybean still lags. I was having a hard time getting good battery life. The typing wasn't as smooth as the iPhone. I felt everyday I was changing something and things went downhill from there. The last 3 days I had horrible battery life. When I found myself digging for apps on google play that would simplify my life the way iOS did...this is when I gave up. I sold the galaxy today...I broke even actually so I didn't lose any money. I bought a new 5 16GB today...this time I got it white and I'm glad I did...having the black and now the white I totally prefer white. For now I'm happy and glad to be back on iPhone 5. The grass wasnt greener on the other side LoL. Its good to be back...forgive me? HaHaHaHa

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general. Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz

Congrats on making your way back :) I don't think it was stupidity though smartphones are there to try and the whole us against them thing is overplayed. It's cool that you tried Android it's choice and in the end if you come back to iOS we all welcome you with open arms. If I had a chance I would love to try out a HTC or something but only to try I made up my mind long ago that I would only ever own an iPhone for as long as they make them. So if I ever got an Android device, other than Samsung, for free I would try it.
When you were on Android were you part of any forums? I am just interested to know what the experience of people's attitudes were? as an iOSer I always wonder what kind of people run Android? (general wonder not trying to sound disparaging)

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I just came back to iOS yesterday after a couple months with a Galaxy Nexus and then the Droid DNA. Feels good to be back.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I really need some type of 12 step program for phone addiction. Lol but in the end I am very glad to be back to iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Been there done that! Just came back myself after going to the Razr Maxx HD. While battery life was awesome, The iphone just works!. I will never leave again! lol

Had the 4S but giving that to my daughter for Christmas. Got the Maxx HD last week, great phone but and am already missing the iphone. Curious, did you get the 5 or 4S? Are you happy to be back?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I really need some type of 12 step program for phone addiction. Lol but in the end I am very glad to be back to iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad I'm not the only one! Had the 4 for 16 months and then since July I've had the Maxx, S3, 4S, Maxx HD, and now wanting to exchnage the Maxx HD for the 5.... I need to be committed!!

tony bag o donuts

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
See I am just the opposite. My incredible was an amazing device still being used to this day. I tried ios just wasn't for me. I don't like a lot about the iphone but it does have a great camera and the ringer /vibrate is loud.
Even though I don't like iphones (wife has one) I LOVE my ipad2 that I won in a charity raffle.

Glad to see you are happy and it's not an android vs apple stinks type of thing. You found a device that works for you and that's what I love is that we have great devices to choose from on different operating systems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I was always a huge Android fan, but the things I noticed are that Android devices seem to always have cheaper quality build materials, like the Fisher-Price plastic on Samsung phones, the os/ui gets faster with various updates...but it still has more glitches than iPhones.(See force closes and random reboots). I also hate having to worry about when or if my device will ever get the next update. And lastly, I prefer the Apple ecosystem, customer support, and prefer that my phone be a phone...not a mini tablet.

WIth the iPhone, and iPad, I simply get a higher quality product with less problems, that just seems to work better.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on making your way back :) I don't think it was stupidity though smartphones are there to try and the whole us against them thing is overplayed. It's cool that you tried Android it's choice and in the end if you come back to iOS we all welcome you with open arms. If I had a chance I would love to try out a HTC or something but only to try I made up my mind long ago that I would only ever own an iPhone for as long as they make them. So if I ever got an Android device, other than Samsung, for free I would try it.
When you were on Android were you part of any forums? I am just interested to know what the experience of people's attitudes were? as an iOSer I always wonder what kind of people run Android? (general wonder not trying to sound disparaging)

In the last two years I've owned the Droid, Thunderbolt, Droid Bionic and Galaxy Nexus and during that I was heavily involved with Android Central, XDA and Rootz Wiki. I can tell you from my personal experience I gave my iPhone friends such a hard time for owning one saying android was far superior. Mind you I had an iPhone and an iPhone 3G but got bored then became a full on iOS hater LOL. Many of the users on the android forums love to bash on iOS any chance they get and the same goes for iOS users bashing android.

Not everyone does this of course and both communities are wonderful to be apart of. I think both OSes are wonderful and everyone has their preferences. If google ups the ante with their platform the hopefully that spurns apple to react and make iOS better. Competition is better for all of us!! :)

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Took the Maxx HD back Friday! So happy to have my new Iphone 5 :)
I asked on android central but how is typing between the two? I have less then perfect typing on 4s and when I try out the Maxx in stores I feel like I can fly on it with no mistakes?!

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I asked on android central but how is typing between the two? I have less then perfect typing on 4s and when I try out the Maxx in stores I feel like I can fly on it with no mistakes?!

I prefer the iPhone keyboard over the Maxx HD. For me it's much more accurate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro