Coming back!!

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Had the sg3 just to try it. Loved it and it is a great phone. Just can't stand my phone being outdated within a week and wondering about OS updates. I definitely prefer the yearly refresh and how Apple handles the iOS updates. Also, the build of the iphone is unrivaled by android so far. Still, choice is great.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I left my 4S for the Galaxy Nexus and eventually the S3. The Nexus I owned had horrific battery life, the camera was very subpar, and I hated the amoled screen. The S3 was a much more polished device in my opinion but once again, I couldn't get past the amoled screen. Of couse that is purely personal preference, but I have such a hard time when others go on and on about how great the screen is on the S3 (not size, but clarity and colors). I think the amoled screen is naturally dark, yellowish or blueish, with over-saturated colors. Just me. I think the 5 has the most beautiful display offered. The ONLY reason I would leave again for an android phone is I found the two I owned had much, much better data signal reception in fringe areas than my iphone does. I get the Verizon circle of death a lot.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I left my 4S for the Galaxy Nexus and eventually the S3. The Nexus I owned had horrific battery life, the camera was very subpar, and I hated the amoled screen. The S3 was a much more polished device in my opinion but once again, I couldn't get past the amoled screen. Of couse that is purely personal preference, but I have such a hard time when others go on and on about how great the screen is on the S3 (not size, but clarity and colors). I think the amoled screen is naturally dark, yellowish or blueish, with over-saturated colors. Just me. I think the 5 has the most beautiful display offered. The ONLY reason I would leave again for an android phone is I found the two I owned had much, much better data signal reception in fringe areas than my iphone does. I get the Verizon circle of death a lot.

I agree. Every time I see a Samsung phone with the Samoled HD screen, they look blue. Not as in cooler color temp, but blue as in they push blue badly. That and I can't stand the over saturated colours and PenTile displays.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
nothing wrong with android, just after a while the customization hype dies down and you just need a good phone, solid battery life with good apps. I had many androids and the update process as well as poor battery life was just too much. Games just suck and I just got tired of it lagging along. Nexus on jellybean is a big improvement, multitasking is good as well but overall the iphone is just a better phone.

Now if nexus comes in a reasonable size with a good camera and good screen then I'll consider it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome back to the OP, I'm lucky enough that my job allows me to try most of the different platforms. I've tried Android way back when and then a little while ago when I was buying one for my brother. It's just not the platform for me and I would never switch. I've also tried Windows Phone and can't get passed the not having a homescreen in the traditional sense. So iPhone will be my device as it always has been until they ever decide to create a different device.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm sitting here cracking up because I've so been there!

I will say this, if you're with AT&T, no need to wait till 9th November. If your visit an AT&T shop this week, they WILL process an order early for you! They typically do it if it is within 45 days. Yep, I've been there, too! Only at an authorize shop NOT an AT&T dealer...

Keep us posted...

As a matter of fact I believe most carriers will upgrade earlier within X days of your contract date.

very true. verizon lets you upgrade 4 months before your contract is up. good strategy from avoiding people jumping ship when the contract is over.

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
First of all, welcome back Billybaldin! Like others who previously stated on this thread, I too have had thoughts of getting an SG3 or Nexus device. Maybe it's my inner "tech nerd" to want to try different phones? I have read a lot of different articles comparing the platforms and devices. It always seems to be the same, it's basically a split decision. I have used my friend's SG3 and I too am not a fan of the screen, when browsing the internet or watching movies, the screen is nice but it doesn't have the same beauty of the iPhone's Retina display. Although the screen size on the SG3 was great for viewing the net and watching movies that's all it was great for, and I'm not watching movies on my phone 24/7. To me it's those little things that make a big difference, for example when you are scrolling, there is a fluidity to this that just by scrolling you have a beautiful experience. Regardless of the whole iPhone, SG3 and Nexus battle, all are great phones that all have their advantages and disadvantages. In the end the iPhone does everything I could possibly need it to do, has an amazing screen, has the perfect dimension for my pocket (haha) and has a sophisticated look that sets it apart from all the other devices. I too am a iLifer!!!

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Good to have you back on the team! I sold my iPhone 4 earlier this year, and got a Nokia Lumia 900. Within a month, I realized that I had made a grave error, and came back, this time with an iPhone 4S. I am about to get an iPhone 5, so I am very excited.

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
*update* Were baaack!! Ok so myself, my wife and my daughter all traded our Androids back in for iPhone 5s. We are in love..:) We will never leave again.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't think it was stupidity that you made the switch to the SG3 (though i know that you were not being serious with that statement)...honestly, the Samsung is a fine phone, and it has a lot of great features, but like you, the thing isn't for me. Welcome back!

safetytx

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general. Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz

Been there done that! Just came back myself after going to the Razr Maxx HD. While battery life was awesome, The iphone just works!. I will never leave again! lol

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know what people did not like about the SGS3 besides the oversaturated screen? What was it that made you dump the S3 and come back to the iPhone?

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
We did a full on switch to Androids. My wife and I went to Galaxy s3s and my daughter went with an LG Lucid. With all 3 phones we were constantly having to pull the battery to release them from lock ups. The screen wasn't bright enough for me. The apps seemed to be made by children for the most part . I just didn't like the general feel of the whole thing. I can see how some would like the OS but it just wasn't for us.

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I can relate. I've done my share of phone flip flopping over the years. I think I need to have a group of friends that has the same itches for different OSes, so we can have a circle of exchange. LOL. It would definitely be cheaper than paying ETF.