Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Default Re: Coming back!!

nothing wrong with android, just after a while the customization hype dies down and you just need a good phone, solid battery life with good apps. I had many androids and the update process as well as poor battery life was just too much. Games just suck and I just got tired of it lagging along. Nexus on jellybean is a big improvement, multitasking is good as well but overall the iphone is just a better phone.

Now if nexus comes in a reasonable size with a good camera and good screen then I'll consider it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Welcome back to the OP, I'm lucky enough that my job allows me to try most of the different platforms. I've tried Android way back when and then a little while ago when I was buying one for my brother. It's just not the platform for me and I would never switch. I've also tried Windows Phone and can't get passed the not having a homescreen in the traditional sense. So iPhone will be my device as it always has been until they ever decide to create a different device.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I'm sitting here cracking up because I've so been there!

I will say this, if you're with AT&T, no need to wait till 9th November. If your visit an AT&T shop this week, they WILL process an order early for you! They typically do it if it is within 45 days. Yep, I've been there, too! Only at an authorize shop NOT an AT&T dealer...

Keep us posted...

As a matter of fact I believe most carriers will upgrade earlier within X days of your contract date.
    very true. verizon lets you upgrade 4 months before your contract is up. good strategy from avoiding people jumping ship when the contract is over.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by trmoney24 View Post
    very true. verizon lets you upgrade 4 months before your contract is up. good strategy from avoiding people jumping ship when the contract is over.
    That's true. Our contracts are up in March but we can upgrade in Nov. It can't get here fast enough!!
    There is something in my i..
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 6

First of all, welcome back Billybaldin! Like others who previously stated on this thread, I too have had thoughts of getting an SG3 or Nexus device. Maybe it's my inner "tech nerd" to want to try different phones? I have read a lot of different articles comparing the platforms and devices. It always seems to be the same, it's basically a split decision. I have used my friend's SG3 and I too am not a fan of the screen, when browsing the internet or watching movies, the screen is nice but it doesn't have the same beauty of the iPhone's Retina display. Although the screen size on the SG3 was great for viewing the net and watching movies that's all it was great for, and I'm not watching movies on my phone 24/7. To me it's those little things that make a big difference, for example when you are scrolling, there is a fluidity to this that just by scrolling you have a beautiful experience. Regardless of the whole iPhone, SG3 and Nexus battle, all are great phones that all have their advantages and disadvantages. In the end the iPhone does everything I could possibly need it to do, has an amazing screen, has the perfect dimension for my pocket (haha) and has a sophisticated look that sets it apart from all the other devices. I too am a iLifer!!!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Good to have you back on the team! I sold my iPhone 4 earlier this year, and got a Nokia Lumia 900. Within a month, I realized that I had made a grave error, and came back, this time with an iPhone 4S. I am about to get an iPhone 5, so I am very excited.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    iOS Version

*update* Were baaack!! Ok so myself, my wife and my daughter all traded our Androids back in for iPhone 5s. We are in love.. We will never leave again.
    iPhone Beginner

Default Coming back!!

Hahaha! All is forgiven!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,514 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I honestly don't think it was stupidity that you made the switch to the SG3 (though i know that you were not being serious with that statement)...honestly, the Samsung is a fine phone, and it has a lot of great features, but like you, the thing isn't for me. Welcome back!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,489 Global Posts

In the voice of MACE, "Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back..."
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by billybaldin View Post
    Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general. Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
    We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz

Been there done that! Just came back myself after going to the Razr Maxx HD. While battery life was awesome, The iphone just works!. I will never leave again! lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I would like to know what people did not like about the SGS3 besides the oversaturated screen? What was it that made you dump the S3 and come back to the iPhone?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,489 Global Posts

Default Coming back!!

I like my S3, but sometimes I just wanted simplicity.

Also I think the camera in the iPhone line is much better...
    Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    iOS Version

We did a full on switch to Androids. My wife and I went to Galaxy s3s and my daughter went with an LG Lucid. With all 3 phones we were constantly having to pull the battery to release them from lock ups. The screen wasn't bright enough for me. The apps seemed to be made by children for the most part . I just didn't like the general feel of the whole thing. I can see how some would like the OS but it just wasn't for us.
    MrszBerry likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can relate. I've done my share of phone flip flopping over the years. I think I need to have a group of friends that has the same itches for different OSes, so we can have a circle of exchange. LOL. It would definitely be cheaper than paying ETF.
    Ipheuria likes this.

Global Posts
    3,643 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am a recovering phone purchase junkie ... I got the iPhone 5 on release day, sold it and went to the Galaxy S3, returned that one and went with the LG Optimus G, returned it for the Nokia Lumia 920, and recently returned to the iPhone 5, aside from the poor CSR's at the at&t store that had to see me on a regular basis I can say this, while my only major gripe with the iPhone 5 is the screen size I did realize that it is much easier to type on with one hand, I also learned that as far as just working and having flexibility the iOS platform is simply the best out there for my needs. Sure it's its closed and the interface is becoming dated, but in the end it just works and works well. The battery life is better than any of the above mentioned devices, and I have found that I don't have to disable features or dim the screen to make it through the day. I am going to beat this addiction and stick with the iPhone 5, it just works!
    MrszBerry likes this.

Global Posts
    3,643 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    I would like to know what people did not like about the SGS3 besides the oversaturated screen? What was it that made you dump the S3 and come back to the iPhone?
    For me it was the speaker not being loud enough, and some stability issues, not many but I found myself having to reboot the phone once a week to bring her back up to speed.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    For me it was the speaker not being loud enough, and some stability issues, not many but I found myself having to reboot the phone once a week to bring her back up to speed.
    Oh yeah. That too. It was weak and distorted. The reboots as well.

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Welcome back!!!!

Here's to good things iOS that you will continue to love
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

Well after using the galaxy S3 for a total of about 2 weeks I gave up. Android is nice and all but the customization got boring. I totally regretted selling my black iPhone 5 32gb that I bought since launch day for this phone. Jellybean still lags. I was having a hard time getting good battery life. The typing wasn't as smooth as the iPhone. I felt everyday I was changing something and things went downhill from there. The last 3 days I had horrible battery life. When I found myself digging for apps on google play that would simplify my life the way iOS did...this is when I gave up. I sold the galaxy today...I broke even actually so I didn't lose any money. I bought a new 5 16GB today...this time I got it white and I'm glad I did...having the black and now the white I totally prefer white. For now I'm happy and glad to be back on iPhone 5. The grass wasnt greener on the other side LoL. Its good to be back...forgive me? HaHaHaHa
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by billybaldin View Post
    Ok so foolishly when my iPhone4 contract was up in July I went back to Android. Before I had the iPhone4 I had a Droid Incredible. I didn't have it long as it continuously locked up, lagged and was just a POS in general. Paid to have the contracts on 2 of those actually cancelled and bought 2 iPhone4s. We didn't upgrade to the 4S because it wasn't enough to make the jump. So anyway. We had itchy fingers and went back to Android Via the SG3 in July of this year. Now just a couple of months later we deeply regret the flop and on Nov. 9th when the contracts on our kids's phones are up we are going to steal the upgrades from them and come running back to iPhone5. Never to look back again. In the end none of the widgets,NFC or any of the other fancy gadgets is enough to warrant leaving the iPhone..
    We are looking forward to again being a part of this community and hope you all can forgive us our stupidity..

Billy and Liz
    Congrats on making your way back I don't think it was stupidity though smartphones are there to try and the whole us against them thing is overplayed. It's cool that you tried Android it's choice and in the end if you come back to iOS we all welcome you with open arms. If I had a chance I would love to try out a HTC or something but only to try I made up my mind long ago that I would only ever own an iPhone for as long as they make them. So if I ever got an Android device, other than Samsung, for free I would try it.
    When you were on Android were you part of any forums? I am just interested to know what the experience of people's attitudes were? as an iOSer I always wonder what kind of people run Android? (general wonder not trying to sound disparaging)
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just came back to iOS yesterday after a couple months with a Galaxy Nexus and then the Droid DNA. Feels good to be back.
    Mobile tech addict..

Global Posts
    3,643 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

I really need some type of 12 step program for phone addiction. Lol but in the end I am very glad to be back to iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    jsntrenkler
    Mobile Gear: Retina Macbook Pro 13 / iPad Air / iPhone 5S / Pebble Smartwatch
    Community Rules & Guidelines
    larsonage, bgl321 and MrszBerry like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by safetytx View Post
    Been there done that! Just came back myself after going to the Razr Maxx HD. While battery life was awesome, The iphone just works!. I will never leave again! lol
    Had the 4S but giving that to my daughter for Christmas. Got the Maxx HD last week, great phone but and am already missing the iphone. Curious, did you get the 5 or 4S? Are you happy to be back?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Coming back!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhxBlue View Post
    I just came back to iOS yesterday after a couple months with a Galaxy Nexus and then the Droid DNA. Feels good to be back.
    What did you dislike about the DNA?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast