Stupid Samsung Commercial

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate that commercial, where the guys bump phones and transfer data...

Wow BIG DEAL I guess they never heard of the app called Bump...

Stupid Android people...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha! I'm ?ber tired of that commercial, too. That part annoys me particularly. Any time I've ever needed to share a file with someone - they have been miles away. I can't imagine how little people actually use that feature. It's almost as worthless as....Passbook.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Stupid Android people...

Honestly, who cares? As long as you're are happy with your phone, commercials such as those really shouldn't bother you. Btw, on android forums, this is exactly how they feel about us Apple users.... Just my 2?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I do think the commercial hits home for the mainstream. I also agree with Irish Rose.

Beam/NFC are really not very exciting to me on any level. Any time I've ever had to send someone something in the past email always worked fine; and our phones didn't have to be right next to each other.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I do think the commercial hits home for the mainstream. I also agree with Irish Rose.

Beam/NFC are really not very exciting to me on any level. Any time I've ever had to send someone something in the past email always worked fine; and our phones didn't have to be right next to each other.
I think that commercial was also poking fun at Apple users who stand in long lines waiting for the iPhone when there are other phones out there that have the same exact features and more. At least this is one of the things that I got from it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have a product that sells like the iPhone does without these kind of marketing tactics...I'd rather have a product sell and still be able to take the high road of sticking with marketing that supports our own products and not having to stoop to taking pot shots.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think that commercial was also poking fun at Apple users who stand in long lines waiting for the iPhone when there are other phones out there that have the same exact features and more. At least this is one of the things that I got from it.

Or is Samsung poking fun at the one part of the iPhone that they cannot copy - the long lines and high demand? Just thinking out loud. :D

ltieperman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Or is Samsung poking fun at the one part of the iPhone that they cannot copy - the long lines and high demand? Just thinking out loud. :D

Between the gs2 and gs3 Samsung has sold like a bazillion phones. I think high demand is not something they lack. It's marketing and it is supposed to make points about their product which it does successfully. Just like the "I'm a Mac" commercials did. Apple's marketing lately has been pretty bad. The genius commercials were awful, the siri commercials were false advertising and the new iPhone 5 commercials are just plain boring. Good thing they don't need good marketing to sell their products.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Samsung is definitely jealous of Apple's large, loyal, possibly fanatic, customer base. But poking fun at the very people that they want as customers doesn't seem like a viable strategy. XD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Between the gs2 and gs3 Samsung has sold like a bazillion phones. I think high demand is not something they lack. It's marketing and it is supposed to make points about their product which it does successfully. Just like the "I'm a Mac" commercials did. Apple's marketing lately has been pretty bad. The genius commercials were awful, the siri commercials were false advertising and the new iPhone 5 commercials are just plain boring. Good thing they don't need good marketing to sell their products.

I'm not sure i want to open this can of worms since I'm pretty sure where this is going to go...but how were they false advertising with the Siri commercials? As far as the iPhone 5 commercials, i kinda found the panoramic pic one warm and fuzzy and liked it.

And the #'s between the devices are not something you really want to compare from Samsung's stance, the 4S decimated the GSIII in the first 4 months of release, and when the iP5 has the same time on the market, I'm guessing it'll follow suit or exceed such.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure i want to open this can of worms since I'm pretty sure where this is going to go...but how were they false advertising with the Siri commercials? As far as the iPhone 5 commercials, i kinda found the panoramic pic one warm and fuzzy and liked it.

And the #'s between the devices are not something you really want to compare from Samsung's stance, the 4S decimated the GSIII in the first 4 months of release, and when the iP5 has the same time on the market, I'm guessing it'll follow suit or exceed such.

Not sure I could have said it better. The ONLY reason that the GS3 even ever caught the iPhone was the anticipation of the new iPhone had caused a lot of people to delay purchasing an iPhone... and to wait for the iPhone 5.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I hate that commercial, where the guys bump phones and transfer data...

Wow BIG DEAL I guess they never heard of the app called Bump...

Stupid Android people...

They transferred play lists not contact info .. I don't see the point unless they both have same songs .. Why would I want someone's play list what's it Gonna say ... Pay 64.97 for this download now ? Lol

They have the instant beam a photo thing but iCloud is just about the same

Only thing I think would be cool is NFC ... Not for paying for stuff but to buy and program NFC tags the possibilities is endless if you don't know what a NFC tag is google it is pretty cool

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have a product that sells like the iPhone does without these kind of marketing tactics...I'd rather have a product sell and still be able to take the high road of sticking with marketing that supports our own products and not having to stoop to taking pot shots.

I guess you don't remember the I'm a Mac and I'm a PC commercials lol

I will 2nd the who cares notion, I find the the commercial where the guy is holding his parents place in line to be hilarious and I don't like my SG3 and can't wait to recieve my iP5 but it doesn't mean it's not ammusing.

ltieperman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I was simply saying Samsung has sold a ton of phones, I wasn't comparing the sales figures. The demand globally for Samsung phones seems to be doing OK, its why they are the only major player in the game with apple right now.

The siri commercials made it seem as if siri responded instantaneously with perfect answers every time, which we all know is bs. I'm not the first to point this out about those commercials.

Anyhoo the Samsung commercials are funny, but once the Note 2 comes out you'll see Samsung focus on their own stuff and move away from this type of marketing.