The battle won, but the war isnt over. Samsung officially suing Apple over LTE.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Confirms: iPhone 5 To Join The Ranks Of Existing Patent Lawsuits | TechCrunch

"Samsung has been widely expected to add the iPhone 5 to its ongoing patent disputes with Apple, and today the Korean electronics company made that official, noting in a U.S. court filing uncovered by Reuters that it ?will file, in the near future, a motion to amend its infringement contentions to add the iPhone 5 as an accused product.? Samsung expects the iPhone 5 to fall under the same areas of infringement as existing iPhone models."

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well that really sucks. You think that Samsung would just grow a pair and pay apple off with the .money they make from apple and then cut apple out of the tech they supply apple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't see a point in this lawsuit. The LTR chips are purchased from a 3rd party manufacturer and out into these phones. If Samsung has any case at all, it would be with the people making these chips that use the technology and coding.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Let me know when Samsung is crushed. Like. a 100 billion fine or smth that would not only cripple Samsung but force it to declare bankruptcy

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Let me know when Samsung is crushed. Like. a 100 billion fine or smth that would not only cripple Samsung but force it to declare bankruptcy

Yes a put millions of people around the world out of work. Boy you do put your interests first before others: )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
f**k Samsung - so tired of their petty claims, their bad advertising (not unlike political bashing ads), their crappy radios & GPS.... enough of their whining... Apple is better, simple as that.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
:confused::confused:

Since when did Samsung own LTE?

I believe they own 10% of LTE, not sure if that is exact or not. Samsung is just making themselves look so sorry right now though. I mean, I guess I can understand them adding that to the patent list, they've got to try and win something I suppose. But still, these phony commercials coming out bashing the iPhone, etc. It's a joke. Has the S3 even sold 2 million units? Easy for Apple to do in 24 hours, and they're the only ones to do it.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't see a point in this lawsuit. The LTR chips are purchased from a 3rd party manufacturer and out into these phones. If Samsung has any case at all, it would be with the people making these chips that use the technology and coding.

There is no suit. It's just posturing.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe they own 10% of LTE, not sure if that is exact or not. Samsung is just making themselves look so sorry right now though. I mean, I guess I can understand them adding that to the patent list, they've got to try and win something I suppose. But still, these phony commercials coming out bashing the iPhone, etc. It's a joke. Has the S3 even sold 2 million units? Easy for Apple to do in 24 hours, and they're the only ones to do it.

Actually they have sold over 20 million and had over 9 million preorders. But IOS is just better.

reactortrip

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only people that really lose is us... Our outdated patent system was never intended to do what these big companies are doing to it. These wars just hurt our pocketbooks more than either of these companies. They both need to stop being babies and just start fair licensing of the patents until we can get the crappy system fixed.

I love how some of you make fun of the stupid samsung commercials. Probably were fans of the Justin Long commercials that did the same thing. I like Apple, but I really wanted to punch Justin Long in the face back then. Don't mind him so much now that they don't show those commercials anymore. His part in Zack and Miri was hilarious.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The executives at Samsung need to accept defeat like men and step back from the legal arena; they've already been hit with a billion dollar suit, do they really want to risk more of their money?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a lawyer, don't play one on tv and haven't been to a Holiday Inn Express in a number of years... but, would Apple be liable for any patent infringement if they purchased LTE radios and other parts from third parties? Wouldn't the third parties be at least as guilty (or more so) if, indeed, there is any patent infringement to be had?

More curious than anything at this point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox