How long till AppleCare+ shows up online?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my White 4S on eBay new. Took it into an Apple store for inspection because they would not add AC+ over the phone for me. That was on Thursday, now it is Saturaday and I still don't see my AC+ coverage on line..... How long does it take for it to show up once it is added in the store?

Thanks in advance. :)

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you don't take the warranty upon purchase, it's normal that they don't want to sell it over the phone, it's part of the requirements that the device must be taken to an Apple store within the first month for inspection. After that first month you can't get the AC+ anymore. At least that's what I've read on Apple website.

As for how many time it takes to show up, I can't tell, but as long as you have your bill for both the device and the warranty, I don't think you have to worry about that. Although I guess I understand that you'd feel better if you could see it there. :)

I just bought it too... Didn't take the AC+ finally, as I intend to sell over to get the next iPhone. I just didn't had a choice, my gf's 3GS just died so I gave her my 4, and I couldn't find a good and quick sell on the 4S in the aftermarket, and I'm not that patient when it comes to Apple products - as soon as I decided I'd get a 4S, it was only a matter of hours before I needed to HAVE it in my hands, and see how much better it was. Got the iPad 3 two weeks later, another head rush... :D Now I'm broke, I'll have to scratch everything to get the new iPhone - of course I won't sell the 4S before I get to hold the 5.

I assume you decided you'd keep the 4S over the next gen, as you took the AC+... Sometimes I think I'll do that too... And then, many times I just can't wait for the release of the next. What was it that got you to decide to get the 4S now?

Sorry... talk too much, and I didn't even answer the question... :eek:

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
"Summary

You'll need the AppleCare registration number to register a recently purchased AppleCare agreement if your agreement hasn't been registered yet."

"If you purchase your AppleCare agreement at the same time as your hardware products from the Apple Online Store, the Apple Retail Store, or select Apple resellers, your AppleCare agreement may be automatically registered. To verify that your hardware is covered under the AppleCare agreement, click here."

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

"Summary

You'll need the AppleCare registration number to register a recently purchased AppleCare agreement if your agreement hasn't been registered yet."

"If you purchase your AppleCare agreement at the same time as your hardware products from the Apple Online Store, the Apple Retail Store, or select Apple resellers, your AppleCare agreement may be automatically registered. To verify that your hardware is covered under the AppleCare agreement, click here."
Thanks for trying to help by posting this. :) Just wanted to point out that the info that you listed here is for regular AC and not AC+ as it does not come in a box with a registration number. The only way to check for AC+ is in this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do, which in my case is still showing up as just the regular 12 month warranty period..... Anyhow, I called the store where I purchased AC+ and was told that it could take up to 7 days before it shows up online. They did email me another copy of the receipt for my records, though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't take the warranty upon purchase, it's normal that they don't want to sell it over the phone, it's part of the requirements that the device must be taken to an Apple store within the first month for inspection. After that first month you can't get the AC+ anymore. At least that's what I've read on Apple website.
Yes, I do understand how AC+ works as this is my 3rd time purchasing it. Also, they can sell AC+ over the phone within the 30 day period, but because I live 28 miles and not 50 miles from the store I had the go to the store, which was fine, I didn't have an issue with that.

As for how many time it takes to show up, I can't tell, but as long as you have your bill for both the device and the warranty, I don't think you have to worry about that. Although I guess I understand that you'd feel better if you could see it there. :)
Yes, this.

I assume you decided you'd keep the 4S over the next gen, as you took the AC+... Sometimes I think I'll do that too... And then, many times I just can't wait for the release of the next. What was it that got you to decide to get the 4S now?
I have 2 service providers. My new White 4S is being used with AT&T, and my factory unlocked 4s is being used on T-Mobile. The plan is for me to sell my factory unlocked 4S once AT&T unlocks my White 4S for me, then I'll decide if I really want the new iPhone or not and use the money to purchase it. This new White 4S is running so good for me on AT&T that I don't know if I really need the new iPhone right now. We don't have LTE in my area yet anyway, so I can wait a bit.

Sorry... talk too much, and I didn't even answer the question... :eek:

LOL, no worries. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GPAbsinthe

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased my White 4S on eBay new. Took it into an Apple store for inspection because they would not add AC+ over the phone for me. That was on Thursday, now it is Saturaday and I still don't see my AC+ coverage on line..... How long does it take for it to show up once it is added in the store?

Thanks in advance. :)

Mine took a few business days for both 4S and new iPad.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, the quoting function seems to give me problem today, the quote disappears by itself... But thanks IrishRose for clearing that up about the AC+ over the phone, didn't knew distance was a factor... Which means I still have six days left to make up my mind and call them to get the warranty... I'm way over 50 miles from them. I also love my 4S quite much, and I can't help but feeling sad to quit the actual rear glass design - IF they do change it indeed. Just LOVE it.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
And by the way, I had noticed you usually seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about Apple... I was very surprised to find this post by you, indeed. Just wanted to help a bit if I could... Obviously I did that research a little too quicly... :D

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not unusual for AC+ not to show up yet. It took about 4 days for mine to show up. I got a little worried and called and it showed up during the call lol She probably put it in as we were speaking. As long as I had the receipt from the Apple Store i wasn't to worried.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just as an update. AC+ showed up after 72 hours of purchase. Also, I received a call today from the Apple store manager where I purchased the phone letting me know that he was checking online everyday for it to show up, and that he was now seeing it online. This was very unexpected but very much appreciated. I think it's just another one of the nice things that Apple does which proves that they really do care about their customers.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice