Google decides to litigate instead of innovate, sues Apple over Siri and more

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Google decides to litigate instead of innovate, sues Apple over Siri and more | iMore.com

I tried to comment on the blog post but for some mysterious reason, none of my posts ever go through in the blogs. Weird, I know. So, lets have a discussion here. Read the post and comment.

User mjs416 commented
"Your articles are quite slanted without a hint of objectivity. Google sues Apple = bad. Apple sues everyone and their mother = ok. Gotcha.

Edit: let google have Siri - no big loss."

My reply to him was:

"Agreed. Also, the article Rene mention before is from July last year... You think anyone should be held accountable for something they said that long ago? I've always seen Rene's posts having bias compared to the other writers in this blog, and that makes me annoyed because he covers the "big stories" and others are left with "check out this iphone case its just like that other one from last week..." You can't say that Google hasn't innovated and that they are playing us, because I know that people don't like to get into brawls but when you are provoked (ie. Apple suing Samsung over the galaxy phones) then don't expect people to go all Gandhi and turn the other cheek. Apple is having Google's cake and eating it too, and Rene want't them to sit and watch as they finish it off."

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, what does Google have to do with Siri? I do believe that Apple bought the company from which Siri was derived and now Google is suing Apple for Siri? How does that work?

That would be like another car company suing Ford because of the internal combustion engine, which Ford may have had first... does that make any sense?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Now watch the backwards ass retorts from ALL of the idiots that were pissed off that Apple was suing the hell out of Samsung...hahahaha. I love it.

And if you think Apple provoked this...you literally have ZERO clue as to how this all started. People (as usual) stick to highlights and remember only the sensationalistic stories they read, forgetting to actually put in the effort of finding out how this entire situation started. If more people would do that, i think you'd have a lot more Apple fans out there.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Excellent write-up on this: FOSS Patents: Google opts for escalation: Motorola Mobility files new ITC complaint against Apple

This means Google's strategy to address Android's serious intellectual property issues -- Android-based devices have already been held by courts in different jurisdictions to infringe, among other things, nine valid Apple patents -- is further escalation in hopes of such developments forcing cross-license agreements or mutual covenants not to sue.

I added the bold...

Rene is being pilloried for his article on the same topic on the iMore Blog page - and the Android fanbois are in full knicker-twist mode, flinging their poo like petulant zoo monkeys ho have nothing else to do.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Rene is being pilloried for his article on the same topic on the iMore Blog page - and the Android fanbois are in full knicker-twist mode, flinging their poo like petulant zoo monkeys ho have nothing else to do.

129157477066831452.gif

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, all of these lawsuits are nothing but a waste of time, and end up hurting the consumers in one way or another.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2