iPhone for Work

thecondor33

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
As of right now I'm using a BB 9900 for my personal phone and a 9800 for work. Quite honestly, I'm getting sick of having to carry two devices. We now have the option for a BYOD program at work, however, it will only work with iOS or Android. No luck with my 9900. My friend will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 when it is released (my upgrade isn't until May). He's offered to sell me his iPhone 4 for $75. I'm strongly considering this as I could easily get more than that for my 9900, and then could ditch the 9800. It would be tough to ditch BB completely, but I feel like the positives outweigh the negatives. My question is this, for those of you who use an iPhone for work, how do you like it? Do you feel that it is quick and efficient for everything you need to do? What are the positives/negatives? Any input is appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is sufficient for work, but how sufficient will depend on how you will use it. What do you with your Blackberry in regard to work that you think you won't be able to do with the iPhone? As for the iPhone 4 for $75, that's not a bad price, especially If it's in great condition. Have you compared its speed and functionality with that of your Blackberry?

thecondor33

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, there wouldn't be much that I do with my BB for work that couldn't be done on an iPhone. I mostly use it for email and calls when out of office or away from my desk. I also use Evernote quite a bit, and I know they have an iPhone app so I'd be good there. How do you like the email on the iPhone? Do they push through pretty quickly, or does it lag behind your inbox? I have a lot of experience with iOS as I use an iPod touch, but have never used an iPhone as my daily driver. As far as speed I know it would be faster than my 9800, and would probably be on par with the 9900.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, there wouldn't be much that I do with my BB for work that couldn't be done on an iPhone. I mostly use it for email and calls when out of office or away from my desk.
Thus far, the justification for getting the iPhone is warranted. :)
I also use Evernote quite a bit, and I know they have an iPhone app so I'd be good there.
Like you, I use Evernote quite a bit and it works quite well on the iPhone. I also use Instapaper a lot.
How do you like the email on the iPhone? Do they push through pretty quickly, or does it lag behind your inbox?
I have 5 different email accounts configured with my iPhone and 3 of them are set to push and I receive them almost instantly after the sender sends them to me. The reason I say "almost instantly" is for two reason: My Wi-Fi only iPad 2 always receives the messages before my iPhone by a second or two and because it is probably a second or two slower than a Blackberry. Seriously though, what's a second or two in regard to receiving email?
I have a lot of experience with iOS as I use an iPod touch, but have never used an iPhone as my daily driver. As far as speed I know it would be faster than my 9800, and would probably be on par with the 9900.
The iPhone 4S is a solidly built and fast device and believe me, I am a real Blackberry fanboy and I was apprehensive when I opted to forgo my beloved Blackberry Bold 9000 for the iPhone 3G a few years back. I found that the transition wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Although I went back to Blackberry a couple of months later, it wasn't because the iPhone lacked. It was because I missed my Blackberry device at that time. Now that I have the 4S, I have no desire to change devices or platform and as I've stated on several occasions, if the upcoming iPhone doesn't impress me, I will have no problems holding on the my beloved 4S and I mean that. Anyway, I hope I was helpful to you. Take care and have a great day. :)