Sharing iBooks

Edbrady

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am a new member with a question. My wife and I each have iPhones and iPads (as well as Macs) and both use them for reading. We also have separate iTunes accounts. As far as I can tell there is no way for us to share books purchased from the iTunes store. I tried to log into my iTunes account from her iPad to load a book and got dire warnings. If we use her Kindle account it is easy for us to share books, so consequently we seldom buy iBooks. We are not trying to pirate these books -- just share them between the two of us as we would a printed book.

My question is can we load the same book on our two iPads?

I tried searching using "share ibook" and did not get a result. Perhaps there is already a thread for this that someone could direct me to.

Thanks,

Ed Brady

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There's no easy way to do this. Another good option besides Kindle is Overdrive Media Console, which lets you borrow books from your local library. You of course must have a card AND demand is usually high and supply is usually low, so you can expect waiting lists for the good books, BUT what's cool, is once you sign up, you usually get an email from the library when your turn for the book comes up. :)

Edbrady

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There's no easy way to do this. Another good option besides Kindle is Overdrive Media Console, which lets you borrow books from your local library. You of course must have a card AND demand is usually high and supply is usually low, so you can expect waiting lists for the good books, BUT what's cool, is once you sign up, you usually get an email from the library when your turn for the book comes up. :)
Thanks. We have been using Overdrive for awhile and really like it. The problem is that some of the books we want are not available from Overdrive -- at least from our library. There was an article in the Denver Post recently about publishers limiting ebook licenses for library use.

EDB

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Connect your phone to iTunes and transfer your purchase to iTunes. Then, connect your iPad to iTunes, go to the "Books" tab, select the book and click the "Sync" button.

They have separate iTunes accounts - they can't share their purchases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234