Happy 5th Anniversary iPhone:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Five years ago, at the Macworld conference, Apple?s CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the (what Apple fanboys dub as the ?Jesus Phone?) iPhone. It was sleek, black and simple. But it was just not a phone but something much more than that?it was the beginning of a cult, of a revolution in mobile phone history. The phone screamed Apple and came into the market with a lot of speculations and expectations from both the public and the heads at Apple. The iPhone, for one thing, was quite expensive and Apple guys weren't sure how good the phone would be for business. But iPhone proved to be an amazing and of course a revolutionary addition to the world of mobile phones, at $599, with no physical keyboard, no 3G, requirement for a PC with iTunes to set it up, a special headphone jack and a new OS (iOS), it was just not a phone, it was an experience, the great Touch and Feel Experience. People were skeptical at first. In fact, the then Microsoft CEO went as far as claiming that the iPhone was a waste of time and money and would make no significant change in the market?seems hilarious today, isn't it?

http://www.gizmowatch.com/iphones-5th-anniversary-down.html

The iPhone first went on sale five years ago today and it has made more than $150 billion in revenues.... While these numbers are certainly impressive, with companies like Samsung and their Galaxy line I'm thinking Apple is really going to have to step it up if they are going to continue seeing sales figures like these in today's smartphone market.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm so happy I baked them a selection of cakes!!!!!!

cakeroundup.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You WOULD bring that up! BB10 better blow me away or else I'm getting an IP5 or Win8. I have time to decide anyways since my upgrade is not until 4/13.

That's what they get for announcing things way before its ready just like PlayBook 2.0. Its like they throw it out there hoping people will stay. Then they have to delay again. Apple doesn't announce anything until its ready to ship. Except for the white iPhone 4.

Not sure what your holding on to. Things will never change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR