anyone following the Zimmerman circus?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
All I can say is Wow to this comment. Seems a bit judgmental and mean spirited :(. I'm not bugged/offended by much, but your tone on this one leaves a bit to be desired.
Staying far away from this thread before it really turns nasty!

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

So if I say something factual, I'm being mean and judgmental? Explain please. I gotta hear this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone watch The First 48 on the ID Channel? Pay attention to the episodes. Many of them take place in and around Miami. There's a slum area called the Pork and Beans, by the detectives, and on most episodes you'll see what I'm talking about. Blacks killing blacks all the time there and not one media outcry like the one on this Trayvon Martin case. Why is that?

A non black killed a black and you can call me racist if you want, but I'm a realist. I pay attention to this stuff. If Zimmerman was black, there'd be no media coverage on this. But since Trayvon Martin was made out to be an angel, even though he was skipping school at the time, you get my drift.

This particular post is more informative than your last one. Thank you for clarifying the "pork & beans" comment. I totally agree with you in regard to black on black violence and the media's unwillingness to report on it unless the killing is extremely gruesome. I also agree with you that if Zimmerman was black, the case would not garner the amount of attention it has. Why? It is because controversy sells and as I've stated earlier, the media is in the business of acquiring viewership. I would love the day when they are held accountable for the damage that their reporting/purposeful misrepresentations causes. Like you, I, too, am a realist and during my years of government work, I've seen and heard stuff you wouldn't believe. Anyway, take care and have a great day. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So if I say something factual, I'm being mean and judgmental? Explain please. I gotta hear this.

Look at it from the perspective of not knowing what the term "pork & beans" blacks meant. Whether the statement was factual or not is irrelevant and like Zimmerman, your post was immediately discredited due to the mental picture formed based on the words you chose to use without further explanation. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Look at it from the perspective of not knowing what the term "pork & beans" blacks meant. Whether the statement was factual or not is irrelevant and like Zimmerman, your post was immediately discredited due to the mental picture formed based on the words you chose to use without further explanation. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Wait now, that's the whole point of this rebuttal. When Al Sharpton and his buddies start talking trash about someone, the media "helps" the public to form a mental picture of that individual. That picture is the one that most people believe. If someone steps forward to speak out against that picture, he or she is immediately branded as a racist. This whole incident should never have been about race, only right and wrong. The "race card", is ALWAYS played by Rev. Al, and his backers. It has bitten him in the butt before, and will again. Right or wrong, Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was acting suspiciously, so he followed him. Trayvon saw this, and tried to jump ugly with Zimmerman. After getting hit several times by Trayvon, Zimmerman defended himself with a licensed firearm. With all due respect to the Martin Family, the punk got what he deserved. If Zimmerman was a black man too, NOBODY outside of Orange Co., Fl. would have heard about what happened. THAT is the real tragedy of this case. The media is way too biased in these incidents. This is my opinion, and i'll stand behind it!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The media showed old photos of Trayvon, trying to paint him as an altar boy. In real life, i believe that he was just another thug, trying to intimidate someone. He picked on the wrong person.

The media will play up anything to garner sympathy for the dead child. It's a tragedy no matter what the facts are that a child is dead, but it pisses me off that the media protrays a teenager as a five year old. It happened in the DeAntea Farrow shooting in my town. The kid was in his teens but every photo on every news outlet was at least ten years old. Why? A five year old getting shot garners a lot more sympathy than his real school photo showing gold chains and a huge diamond earring in his ear.

A non black killed a black and you can call me racist if you want, but I'm a realist. I pay attention to this stuff. If Zimmerman was black, there'd be no media coverage on this. But since Trayvon Martin was made out to be an angel, even though he was skipping school at the time, you get my drift.

I ask the same question. If Zimmerman was black and the child was white, would Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton show up and demand "justice?"

A black cop who was on a hot call, with lights and sirens on, had the right of way and hit a white girl, killing her instantly. The girl was at fault, because she ran a stop sign and was broad sided. Nothing was ever done because the cop had the right of way and the girl was at fault.

The DeAuntae Farrow case was a white cop shooting a black child. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the rest of his followers showed up, marched through towns holding signs and demanding that black people quit shopping in town, because it was "racist" and the city was trying to sweep the child's death under the rug. Again, the cop saw two children out at night and stopped to question as to why they were out well past curfew. One child obeyed and held up his hands, while DeAuntae pulled a gun on the cop and the cop reacted, killing him.

Point is, during both situations, the child was at fault. The first girl ran a stop sign and was hit by a cop on a hot call. The second child drew a gun on a cop at night and got shot. It's a shame that people can't take responsibility these days and have to find someone else to blame for something that was someone else's fault.

My only question is where did these children learn to do what they did? If Martin would have done what Zimmerman asked, which was hold up your hands and turn around, and if Farrow would have done what the two cops asked which was the same thing, hands up and turn around, both children would still be alive and Sharpton and Jackson would retreat to their caves and leave the rest of us alone.

You bet your *** if I was ever in that situation, even being a neon white ginger, I'd do exactly what I was told. I When I get pulled over or have to go through a checkpoint, I make sure my hands are out the window at all times and every light inside my truck is on so the cop can see what I'm doing so he or she won't think I'm reaching for my 9MM rather than my insurance card. It's called common sense.

Last edited:

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
while I believe Trayvon could have handled the situation a lot better being a black man I will say this being a block captain myself gives me no reason to act unless I see a crime being committed. Now when a police dispatcher tells you to do something you should follow their instructions, as far as Trayvon doing what Zimmerman asked was Zimmerman a cop no and if I'm out jogging or whatever just because some random guy tells me to put my hands up and turn around doesn't mean I'm going to listen just like Zimmerman didn't listen to the police. Remember thug or not black or not Trayvon was a kid by all means and yes he could have responded different but he is the one dead. And if being a stupid teenager is a crime punishable by death then our society is truly lost

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
while I believe Trayvon could have handled the situation a lot better being a black man I will say this being a block captain myself gives me no reason to act unless I see a crime being committed. Now when a police dispatcher tells you to do something you should follow their instructions, as far as Trayvon doing what Zimmerman asked was Zimmerman a cop no and if I'm out jogging or whatever just because some random guy tells me to put my hands up and turn around doesn't mean I'm going to listen just like Zimmerman didn't listen to the police. Remember thug or not black or not Trayvon was a kid by all means and yes he could have responded different but he is the one dead. And if being a stupid teenager is a crime punishable by death then our society is truly lost

If Trayvon responded differently, he WOULD still be alive today. He responded the way society taught him to respond, with intimidation and violence. Our society is lost, but it can still be found. "Political Correctness" is killing America. Young people (of every race, creed, and color), have absolutely no respect for the law. The bad guys are the heroes, and the good guys are vilified, and our court system needs to be overhauled, big time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait now, that's the whole point of this rebuttal. When Al Sharpton and his buddies start talking trash about someone, the media "helps" the public to form a mental picture of that individual. That picture is the one that most people believe.
Exactly! And that was the point i was trying to make. An image was formed that was based on information given that turned out not to be true.
If someone steps forward to speak out against that picture, he or she is immediately branded as a racist.
Not with me, but that statement is indeed true for a lot of people.
This whole incident should never have been about race, only right and wrong.
No doubt about it, my friend. I've said that from day one!
The "race card", is ALWAYS played by Rev. Al, and his backers. It has bitten him in the butt before, and will again.
Playing the race card is a tool that weakens the merits of any situation, in my opinion. It is too often used in situations where race is not even a factor and almost always causes friction. Then again, that is what the users of it want.
Right or wrong, Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was acting suspiciously, so he followed him.
I agree
Trayvon saw this, and tried to jump ugly with Zimmerman.
Speculation? Truth?
After getting hit several times by Trayvon, Zimmerman defended himself with a licensed firearm.
Speculation. The truth is this: an altercation occurred and George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin with a licensed handgun that he had in his possession.
With all due respect to the Martin Family, the punk got what he deserved.
In my opinion, that is to be determined.
If Zimmerman was a black man too, NOBODY outside of Orange Co., Fl. would have heard about what happened. THAT is the real tragedy of this case.
I will agree that media coverage would have remained within the State of Florida.
The media is way too biased in these incidents.
No doubt about it!
This is my opinion, and i'll stand behind it!
I respect that. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Now when a police dispatcher tells you to do something you should follow their instructions...
A person is under no more obligation to follow instructions of a 911 dispatcher than they are to follow the instructions of some anonymous person on a web forum. 911 dispatchers have ZERO legal authority to issue any kind of instructions a person is legally obligated to follow. The "didn't follow the dispatcher" meme is yet another one of many media concocted fabrications made not to not report facts of the case - they are being made to manipulate the facts of the case, and manipulate opinion.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Well stated, but I have one problem with your comment and race is irrelevant here. Just because he or she is a kid doesn't mean he or she isn't dangerous. A weapon in the hand of a kid is no different than a weapon in the hand of an adult. I'm not saying Trayvon had a weapon or anything. I'm just focusing on your comment about him only being a kid. Besides, we've all seen kids who we thought were adults. I would not want to harm a kid but I do not want to be harmed by one either. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just because he or she is a kid doesn't mean he or she isn't dangerous.

Some kids can be real dangerous.

Young people (of every race, creed, and color), have absolutely no respect for the law. The bad guys are the heroes, and the good guys are vilified, and our court system needs to be overhauled, big time.

Because of that right there. When the parents don't care or the child falls into the wrong crowd, the kids won't care because of what he's been taught. Really sad the problems we have in society.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My only question is where did these children learn to do what they did? If Martin would have done what Zimmerman asked, which was hold up your hands and turn around, and if Farrow would have done what the two cops asked which was the same thing, hands up and turn around, both children would still be alive and Sharpton and Jackson would retreat to their caves and leave the rest of us alone.

Who said Zimmerman asked Trayvon to do anything? Remember, all we're hearing is Zimmermans side of the story.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The media showed old photos of Trayvon, trying to paint him as an altar boy. In real life, i believe that he was just another thug, trying to intimidate someone. He picked on the wrong person.

Wait, what? Where did you get your facts from? Trayvon wasn't the one with the gun, Zimmerman was. I doubt very highly that a kid with a pack of skittles and a ice tea is going to be that intimidating over a guy packing heat. Sorry not buying it.....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Right or wrong, Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was acting suspiciously, so he followed him. Trayvon saw this, and tried to jump ugly with Zimmerman. After getting hit several times by Trayvon, Zimmerman defended himself with a licensed firearm. With all due respect to the Martin Family, the punk got what he deserved. If Zimmerman was a black man too, NOBODY outside of Orange Co., Fl. would have heard about what happened. THAT is the real tragedy of this case. The media is way too biased in these incidents. This is my opinion, and i'll stand behind it!
See, there you go again referring to this kid as a punk when you are only going by what Zimmerman has said. I'm not buying the whole "Zimmerman is the victim" act. None of us were there, therefore none of us knows whether those marks that were on Zimmerman were from him defending himself or fro Trayvon fighting for his life.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait, what? Where did you get your facts from? Trayvon wasn't the one with the gun, Zimmerman was. I doubt very highly that a kid with a pack of skittles and a ice tea is going to be that intimidating over a guy packing heat. Sorry not buying it.....

I never said that Trayvon had a gun. You don't need a gun to be intimidating.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
See, there you go again referring to this kid as a punk when you are only going by what Zimmerman has said. I'm not buying the whole "Zimmerman is the victim" act. None of us were there, therefore none of us knows whether those marks that were on Zimmerman were from him defending himself or fro Trayvon fighting for his life.

There you go again, assuming that Trayvon was innocent, because that's the way that the media portrayed him. The Police said that the marks on Zimmerman were consistent with somebody who was trying to defend himself. Why do you take the media's side, over that of a Police Surgeon? Don't even tell me that you buy into Rev. Al Sharpton's theory. Check the records of a case from N.Y. Tawana Brawley lied about being beaten and raped by N.Y.C Police Officers. Sharpton and his gang, whipped up a public frenzy against those officers and their families, until it was unsafe for them to stay in the state. Later, Tawana admitted that she made the whole thing up, and the officers were cleared. However, there was never, and still hasn't been an apology from Sharpton.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on your definition of "trouble". Go to L.A., and other large cities, and you'll see 13 year olds with guns. My third daughter went to college at Philly Textile ( in Fairmont Park), and i was worried about her safety, until the day that she graduated. Sorry, but i don't feel your pity. A "thug-in-training" got smoked. Too flipping bad.

I have no words. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Trayvon is pure as wind driven Christmas snow and as innocent as a spring lamb... go find and read Travon's twitter feed(s). They're out there. And just why was he visiting his father? He was suspended from school. Had a history of prior suspension. Trayvon is not the paragon of virtue and innocence the media picture painted. The media is driving the innocence meme and you've swallowed it.... hook, line, and sinker. Just look at pictures of the two main actors used by the media... Trayvons first pictures released were of a much younger Trayvon, all designed to drive the media's meme... while pictures of Zimmerman were not contemporary to his present appearance either, and paint a far more sinister appearance... and don't get me started on NBC News and their total hatchet-job edit of 911 tapes that completely changed the context, and portrayed Zimmerman in a completely false light.

Reactions: GingerSnapsBack

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR