ActiveSync for Exchange Push Mode

dlcrouch

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
we're testing ActiveSync for Exchange and have noticed on IOS devices, that push mode for Exchange connects to the OWA server every few seconds. As you can guess, this is really bad for battery life. The backend is still Exchange 2003 SP2; we are going to test 2010 and see if we have the same problem.
Anyone else have this or similar problems? Any hints or tips for successful deployment of ActiveSync on personal devices is appreciated.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't deal with the back end at all, but I can say that with three Exchange/ActiveSync accounts on my iPhone (Google accounts), my battery is still pretty robust. Rare that I get home from a workday with less than 75% left.

Have you measured the battery life with that setup?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't deal with the back end at all, but I can say that with three Exchange/ActiveSync accounts on my iPhone (Google accounts), my battery is still pretty robust. Rare that I get home from a workday with less than 75% left.

Have you measured the battery life with that setup?

It's the same with me. I get good battery life with Exchange/Active Sync accounts active.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

dlcrouch

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
all that responded - are you using push mode or pull? We tested yesterday with our lab Exchange 2010environment and did not have the constant poll issue. Beginning to think this might be a firewall or load balancer issue (killing the long running https connection).
More to come.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
all that responded - are you using push mode or pull? We tested yesterday with our lab Exchange 2010environment and did not have the constant poll issue. Beginning to think this might be a firewall or load balancer issue (killing the long running https connection).
More to come.

Push.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods