Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Default Streaming service or local collection?

One of the quotes dug up from an older interview with Steve Jobs showed that he didn't think much of subscription-based music services, and that people preferred to own their tunes. I personally don't agree, and love services like Slacker and Rdio, but how do you guys feel about it? I just don't like all of the managing required to keep sync up to date, buying bits of music, filing it away on my hard drive in the right place, making sure I have enough room for it all, etc. Streaming from a massive remote collection just seems infinitely easier.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I recently deleted all the data/songs in the Music app. I listen to Pandora on my iPhone so really don't need the extra from my iTunes imported or stored on my phone as well. Plus, I get more variety with Pandora.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    George Carlin said it best:

Religion is mind control. Atheism is a non-prophet organization

Global Posts
    12,118 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Now that "last mile" bandwidth is no longer the bottleneck issue it once was, I'm finding my opinion on streaming starting to change.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

I almost always use the music i have on the iPhone unless I am listening to SiriusXM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Re: Streaming service or local collection?

I use both, I have accumulated a very nice music collection over the years of my favorite artists. I use Pandora to mix it up from time to time, and also to discover new artists and songs. My primary listening comes from my Music app though.
    Apple built it, so it will work.