Best place to sell used phones

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, have a *boatload* of phones i'm trying to sell to put towards my iPhone 5 fund. Wheres the best place to sell my phones where I will get the best sell for the money? Anyone have any experience with online companies like usell.com and so forth? Anything to be aware of?

Thanks.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
LMAO. Since I've never dealt with eBay what tips do I need to know and what to be cautious of?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've sold phones on eBay, clist and the XDA marketplace. XDA was the easiest transaction but they have had a lot of issues with scammers lately and they is no seller protection if you get scammed. Craigslist was the biggest hassle, tons of calls/texts from people trying to lowball me...but in the the end yielded the most money. eBay is great because if you follow their rules you qualify for seller protection against the scammers but you have to hand over part of your loot. They all have their +/-, but I use eBay the most. Good luck.

Cheers

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have sold all my iPhones and iPads on Craigslist first day and for good money. eBay is highway robbery with their fees and then add on Paypal on top of that. Screw that.

Sold on CL:

2 - 3G's
4 - 4's 2 blk 2 wht
1 - iPad 1
1 - iPad 2
1 - Nook Color
1 - Seadoo yes I said Seadoo

I live in a city of 2,000,000 so I get tons of hits. Every one of the above sold first day. :D:D:D

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
For all the fees ebay & paypal have though, i don't have time to deal with Craigslist. Filtering out morons like Blink (haha), responding to lowball counteroffers, spam, etc. If you do all that, then there's still the transaction itself where you have to meet up, hope the other person shows up, hope he brings enough cash, hope he doesn't want to scam or rob you, etc. That takes time that's worth much more than the fees ebay charges.

List on ebay. Done. Drop off package at post office, done.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use cl the most but eBay is safer I have got alot of good deals on cl too

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2