iPad3 vs Macbook Air

cjhonney

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Yes, I realize this has recently been done my the iMore gang but I'm asking a so please don't crucify me...

This summer I'm beginning my grad work via an online program. I'll be doing the majority of school work at my home desktop but want to pick up something for remote light work. I'm between an iPad2/3 with a Zagg keyboard and a Macbook air .

Opinions???

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd say get the computer, BUT it will be like twice the cost. If cost is an issue you can probably get by with the ipad/keyboard combo. Does it HAVE to be a Mac Book Air? You can get an Ultrabook a little bit cheaper, the Toshiba Portege and HP Folio are the best deals right now. (I have a Dell XPS 13 myself, but that is a little more expensive)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you already have a pc at home, you can get away with an iPad for light chores. Keep in mind that unless your online course has been programmed for iOS use, you wouldn't be able to use the iPad to do things like upload content. There are some things that you wouldn't even be able to view. Our system uses something called "DigiDrive" and it requires Silverlight, so no iPad use, which is a big bummer.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
As said, iPad doesn't necessarily work like a computer, but iPad is a lot cheaper than a Air. Pages works great on the iPad, if you mean that type of work; came in handy for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner