Do you sort contacts by first or last name?

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Last night I picked up my fiance's iPhone to use and when I went to the contacts I noticed they were all out of wack. Well, ok not really, just not how I am used to.

Personally I sort by first name, it makes more sense to me, but she sorts by last name. So now I wonder, how do you sort your contacts?

First name, Last name? Or do you spotlight search so you don't even know?

Quiney08

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I sort by first name. That's usually how I refer to the person I am looking for so it's easiest for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
First. did it since day one and see no reason to change it up

OP, do you work for iMore? you seem to have made several threads, all of a sudden, like the other staff

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First Name. I find it easier to tell Siri to call a person via his or her first name.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
First name but depends I bet military people sort by last name lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
First name, as I seldom call people I know by their last names, so when looking for someone named Donna I am looking for Donna, not Wilson, Donna. (I actually don't know a Donna Wilson, just a sample)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cool thread J! I learned VERY early from my mom, you sort by first name. She always did her address books that way. Now I'm talking those old fashion kind you had next to your landline. And the landline was a rotary dial too. ;) Yea I'm older than dirt!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Cool thread J! I learned VERY early from my mom, you sort by first name. She always did her address books that way. Now I'm talking those old fashion kind you had next to your landline. And the landline was a rotary dial too. ;) Yea I'm older than dirt!

I remember the landline, rotary dial and party lines... but not quite old enough for the hand crank phones... and I still sort by last name... in part, I assume because when growing up, dad's friend John Smith was not "John" to me, he was "Mr Smith"... :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I use the last name, IF that's how I know them, and in those cases, I don't even list their last name. Also some folks are listed by their nick names. My boss is in there as El Diablo.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods